Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

The colors on the medals are very similar to the color scheme for Epcot's 35th anniversary that just occurred and is being celebrated right now. So anything old school Epcot would be a fun costume too.
And anything food related or chef related makes a ton of sense too.

Which reminds me...I may need to get working on finding an approriate ruffly little apron for my Fall Feast getup. I'm glad y'all brought this topic back up and jogged my memory to do that!!
I was actually thinking at one point about an Epcot theme had been thinking Figment or I got an army green tech tank and was thinking cranium command at one point

Do you run half-marathon with a Magic Band?

In the event guide it says: “Please consider not bringing a gEAR bag to check on race day.”

I can everything that I need or that I am ready to throw away (example rain ponchos) to the start line... But that means wearing a Magic Band throughout the run. Do you find it uncomfortable?

In the event guide it says: “Please consider not bringing a gEAR bag to check on race day.”

I can everything that I need or that I am ready to throw away (example rain ponchos) to the start line... But that means wearing a Magic Band throughout the run. Do you find it uncomfortable?

I've worn one and didn't notice it. But if you are worried, you can take it on a test run after they arrive in the mail.
I think if you are used to a running watch, it's about the same. (Note I've never worn the new version of band yet)

I've worn them for every WDW race since they debuted. I love not having to worry about another card (ID, CC, insurance are already enough). I have at least two of each color so I usually even wear one on each wrist and coordinate with the colors of the bib. (Yeah I'm 'that' guy.)

BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO START.
@FFigawi just doesn't know.

DUH! It's clockwise always!

JJEEEEEEEEEEZE @FFigawi

giphy.gif

Ooh thanks for posting the draft EventGuide, very exciting?

For a 5.30am start, what time should we be arriving to stake out a place right at the front (assuming we're in Corral A)?

My husband and I are running the Half. My parents and our 8yr old daughter want to see us run. How crowded does it get at the finish line for spectators? I am trying to keep it simple for them. My other thought would be for them to stand along Yacht Club/Beach Club but I think transportation would be tricky since we are staying at OKW.

The Chear pkg didn't sound worth it for them so I think that means they would be in the standing area? I'm thinking we will finish in 2.5hrs and probably in a late corral, if that helps with timing.

Thanks!

My husband and I are running the Half. My parents and our 8yr old daughter want to see us run. How crowded does it get at the finish line for spectators? I am trying to keep it simple for them. My other thought would be for them to stand along Yacht Club/Beach Club but I think transportation would be tricky since we are staying at OKW.

The Chear pkg didn't sound worth it for them so I think that means they would be in the standing area? I'm thinking we will finish in 2.5hrs and probably in a late corral, if that helps with timing.

Thanks!

I have never spectated from the finish line area, nor have I suggested to any friends/family to see me from there. (I can't make out faces in the crowd and I get kind of transfixed on the finish line.)

I have cheered from the Y&B club area along the course. And had many friends cheer me on from there. It is a great boon towards the end of the race as well as an opportunity to easily get a hug (or water, wet cloth, beer, candy.....). The downfall is that they won't see you cross the line and as you said it is slightly more difficult to get to than the finish area.

Assuming they have park tickets, they could start making their way toward the front of Epcot once you pass them and meet you once you have completed the race and gone thru the post race rigamarole.

This will be my plan for W&D again this year.

did it last year, no issues, that was the older model of course, but I can't imagine it would be different with this one.

I have run with a magic band with no issues. At 2017 Princess I had the new style magicband and bought the key chain accessory for it and used that for the race instead of having it on my wrist. I had it clipped to my flipbelt and it worked great! Just another option for you if you don't want to wear it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter