Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

I won't be able to make the meet and greet but hopefully I'll meet some of you in the corrals. I'm interested in being on the text list too for the characters. Let me know if that happens!

Hi everyone!! I’m Matt and I’m running the Half Marathon. The only other RunDisney events I’ve run have been in Paris, so exciting about running in WDW, and also excited that I’ll be completing the Castle to Chateau challenge!

I have one logistical question & sorry if this has already been answered! I am staying at Universal & planning to get the race by Uber or Lyft. I know to leave plenty of time!! Anyway where do I get dropped off? I see that parking is all at Epcot but is there a drop off point nearer the start line so I can avoid getting a bus?

Hi everyone!! I’m Matt and I’m running the Half Marathon. The only other RunDisney events I’ve run have been in Paris, so exciting about running in WDW, and also excited that I’ll be completing the Castle to Chateau challenge!

I have one logistical question & sorry if this has already been answered! I am staying at Universal & planning to get the race by Uber or Lyft. I know to leave plenty of time!! Anyway where do I get dropped off? I see that parking is all at Epcot but is there a drop off point nearer the start line so I can avoid getting a bus?
Event guide says that there is a drop off point at the TTC

If anyone needs a party ticket, let me know. Mine was mailed to my old address, but I finally received it. Also got the gift card and I ended up ordering those $45 sparkle shorts to pick up at the expo. LOL. It is getting real and I am so excited!

PS. If there is a character group text, I'd love to participate too.

DH and my shirts are ready!

View attachment 447369

Question: this is our first race and we are in the last corral, run about a 11:30 pace overall, how realistic is it that we can stop for any character photos? Any thoughts?
You should be fine. I’ve started from the back before and always stop. The pace of 16 min miles begins when the last person crosses the start line.

DH and my shirts are ready!

View attachment 447369

Question: this is our first race and we are in the last corral, run about a 11:30 pace overall, how realistic is it that we can stop for any character photos? Any thoughts?
I agree you should be able to stop for some for sure with that pace. Just remember not to pause your watch or phone when you stop so you know exactly where you are for time.

Let's do the math: The balloon ladies run 16' pace so you are gaining over 4' a mile on them (assuming you at 12min miles as a cushion). After 3 miles you are over 12 min ahead so if line at a character at 3mi marker is <10min long then you can stop. If longer line then maybe wait until 6mi mark when you would be over 24min ahead. I'm not sure how many people in a character line would equal 10min though. I usa only stop in short lines.

I signed up for the last Disneyland Half the day before race day and so I started at THE very end. Probably 50-75 people behind me? I stopped for every character along the way (except Thor, his line was too long) and finished at a 12:50 pace. You should be fine. And you can always add a balloon lady to your tracker and get text alerts on where they are if you are really concerned.

I signed up for the last Disneyland Half the day before race day and so I started at THE very end. Probably 50-75 people behind me? I stopped for every character along the way (except Thor, his line was too long) and finished at a 12:50 pace. You should be fine. And you can always add a balloon lady to your tracker and get text alerts on where they are if you are really concerned.
Ok @jennamfeo, how can we do that?

That is a great idea!

So excited, this is my first half and cannot wait. I would love to stop for photos but I also want to get a good time. #conflicted LOL
It would be awesome if we knew the character stops ahead of time, why can't they just put a sign like 50 yards before you get there so you know who's there LOL
I did my first Disney star wars 10k and didn't stop but question, how fast do you get through lines? Is there a photopass person at each one? or is it more like you phone hop and take the next persons picture with their phone?

That’s one thing I liked when I did LEGOland the course map had character stops starred also character waits were no more then a minute or two

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter