Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Not so sure. It does say this. Would MNSSHP fall under "experience booking"?

"As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings"

I read that as more things like dessert parties for fireworks and Savi’s Lightsabers, just to name a couple, rather than hard ticketed items like the parties. I also don’t think that means all those things are cancelled, either, unless there’s a part that I’m missing

The way I read the whole thing is that the current reservations in place, whether for dining, FastPasses or experiences were made under the assumption of the availability of full capacity. Now that they have decided to reopen with constrained capacity they are cancelling everything rather than coming up with a mechanism to say “you get to keep your reservation, but yours is cancelled”. Once they have their new capacities identified and loaded into the new reservation system, they’ll open it back up for re-booking.

I may certainly be wrong, but that’s my interpretation of the situation.

I read that as more things like dessert parties for fireworks and Savi’s Lightsabers, just to name a couple, rather than hard ticketed items like the parties. I also don’t think that means all those things are cancelled, either, unless there’s a part that I’m missing

The way I read the whole thing is that the current reservations in place, whether for dining, FastPasses or experiences were made under the assumption of the availability of full capacity. Now that they have decided to reopen with constrained capacity they are cancelling everything rather than coming up with a mechanism to say “you get to keep your reservation, but yours is cancelled”. Once they have their new capacities identified and loaded into the new reservation system, they’ll open it back up for re-booking.

I may certainly be wrong, but that’s my interpretation of the situation.

And it is certainly possible based on that they they keep MNSSHP but do the same thing and cancel all current tickets and start again possibly with lower capacity. Depends on how many they have sold so far.

Still lots of details we don't know.

That’s the way I see it too ...
I see when the new system opens you will be entitled to reserve in park ADRs once you acquire a park admission reservation (resort & springs restaurants at 60 or maybe 60+

I see there being no fastpasses till AT LEAST the end of the year and potentially a system in place either like what ROTR was doing, the current DAS program or a combination of the two

but it’s all wait and see

I see there being no fastpasses till AT LEAST the end of the year and potentially a system in place either like what ROTR was doing, the current DAS program or a combination of the two

If they’re limiting attendance and crowding, I can’t see them using the ROTR system again. Thousands of people crowding into DHS at 630am doesn’t fit well with social distancing.

I expect that they will be explicit one way or another about the Halloween and Christmas parties. They're also going to need to make a call whether Food & Wine is happening.

I'm not signed up but I am too. Boston being cancelled is a HUGE deal.

All eyes on New York now. If NY cancels W&D is almost certainly not happening either.

EDIT: and if NY falls, PTRR likely don't done. November could be a brutal stack of race dominos.
I think everyone needs to keep in mind that these are totally different events than a Disney race. A Disney race is on a controlled course with very few spectators. I lived along the Boston course for 9 years. It is a tristate holiday that Monday called "Patriots day" most businesses outside of restaurants and bars are closed. The race starts 26 miles outside the city and runs to city center. It is basically a 26 miles party of spectators lining the route. There are areas that rival a college frat party. In areas along the course people are lined 4-10 people deep along the rails for miles. I worked at Wellesly college and we had roughly 4000 spectators along the rails stretching 200 yards. The Boston cancellation is more about the safety of the spectators and the town's the race runs through.

Also, we just moved to upstate SC and planned on making the 9 hour drive instead of flying since cost vs. time savings is not as large as flying in from Boston. But, on April 15th I purchased 2 round trip tickets on American out of Charlotte for $98…. ! Gas in the Jeep would have cost me at least $50 round-trip.

If they’re limiting attendance and crowding, I can’t see them using the ROTR system again. Thousands of people crowding into DHS at 630am doesn’t fit well with social distancing.
Virtual queues are rumored to be used for even more attractions. Disney updated their apps for such.

Virtual queues are rumored to be used for even more attractions. Disney updated their apps for such.

If they’re going that route, they better have made some massive improvements on how they are handling virtual queues. I was very surprised that when my Boarding Group was called for RotR during MW, I still had to stand shoulder to shoulder in a line for 3 hours to get to the ride. That was no improvement on the way ride queues have normally worked and would certainly be incompatible with the distancing guidelines they’re trying to establish.

I have no doubt virtual queues will be used more frequently. I feel they’ll need to find an alternative implementation to having everyone massing inside the park gates.

If they’re going that route, they better have made some massive improvements on how they are handling virtual queues. I was very surprised that when my Boarding Group was called for RotR during MW, I still had to stand shoulder to shoulder in a line for 3 hours to get to the ride. That was no improvement on the way ride queues have normally worked and would certainly be incompatible with the distancing guidelines they’re trying to establish.
There will be significantly less people allowed in each park. Rumor is MK will start with 15,000. MK averages 50K a day.

I have no doubt virtual queues will be used more frequently. I feel they’ll need to find an alternative implementation to having everyone massing inside the park gates.
I personally don’t think it will be a major issue with the park reservation system in place.

I think everyone needs to keep in mind that these are totally different events than a Disney race. A Disney race is on a controlled course with very few spectators. I lived along the Boston course for 9 years. It is a tristate holiday that Monday called "Patriots day" most businesses outside of restaurants and bars are closed. The race starts 26 miles outside the city and runs to city center. It is basically a 26 miles party of spectators lining the route. There are areas that rival a college frat party. In areas along the course people are lined 4-10 people deep along the rails for miles. I worked at Wellesly college and we had roughly 4000 spectators along the rails stretching 200 yards. The Boston cancellation is more about the safety of the spectators and the town's the race runs through.
Thank you for this. It confirms what I thought to be the case (and have seen as such broadcast), I agree that with much more course control, Disney can ensure there is less of a density of people in a given area.

As mentioned before, Boston and NY are so vastly different, they aren't necessarily good canaries in the coal mine. I'm a pretty positive person, so while I'm trying to temper my expectations, I remain hopeful.

However... I did want to let people know that my sister just noticed that her ADRs for November are getting deleted. We already knew they were going to reset reservations for the limited reopening, but seeing this at far out as November isn't the best sign.

As mentioned before, Boston and NY are so vastly different, they aren't necessarily good canaries in the coal mine. I'm a pretty positive person, so while I'm trying to temper my expectations, I remain hopeful.

However... I did want to let people know that my sister just noticed that her ADRs for November are getting deleted. We already knew they were going to reset reservations for the limited reopening, but seeing this at far out as November isn't the best sign.

all ADRs accross the board are being deleted. nome are staying. It’s a complete reset.

but seeing this at far out as November isn't the best sign.
any ADRs/FP+/Dining Plan/Tour/Experience (BBB, Savi’s, Droid Depot..) on the books for the remainder of 2020 has been canceled at least that’s my understanding with new ADRs being made available at 60 days out pending you have a park admittance reservation

FYI, if anyone is interested in signing up for a Half Marathon for a charity, I just noticed that Ronald McDonald House Charities has *one* bib available at the moment. (I'm running with them for the Two Course Challenge, and they've been great to work with.)

Well, they (and most airlines) usually do. The cheapest ones are the nonrefundable "wanna get away" fares. No change fee and reusable within 12 months of purchase, but you don't get the money back. As an example, I'm looking at an October flight right now, where "wanna get away" is $175, and refundable is $430!

I never remember this, but is there a time that Southwest posts flights? I thought it was 8am EST ,but obviously not.
If you are booking on SW with points, you can choose the “wanna get away” fare and even if you cancel it, you’ll get your points back to your account. Anything booked with rapid reward points is fully refundable. It’s all online for you to complete yourself too so it’s very quick and simple. (Unless you are like my mother who wants to call and wait in hold to speak to a human)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter