Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I think that RunDisney is allowing people to withdraw from the race is super good news for those of us who want to run. My biggest concern for the race was that they registered before everything shut down and presumably sold at full capacity. If they bring down out numbers through requests to withdraw, we may actually get to go. Fingers crossed.

Hello everyone

I have seen some mentions of runDisney refunding for the race this year and was wondering if anyone had any additional information they could share with me. As of now we would be traveling from NJ and would have to quarantine when we get there and when we get back Thanks for any help

I asked runDisney for a refund for me and my husband's Wine and Dine race registration this year and they immediately offered us a Disney gift card for $416. I am appreciative of it since I know a lot of races, understandably, can't afford to offer refunds in any capacity. We'd be traveling from across the country, and we just didn't feel the time and money would be worth the potential stress.

On the plus side, now we HAVE to go back sometime in the future!! (Or our nieces and nephews are getting Disney-themed gifts for Christmas for the next eight years!) Hopefully us withdrawing will give a couple of you some extra space to social distance on the course!! Have fun everyone!

We are in the same situation. Who did you contact to ask about the refund

Thanks - thought they might make an exception this year...

They didn’t for Star Wars when it was cancelled outright. I don’t think it’s really feasible to offer them given the current environment. Say 50% of registrants take the deferral. What happens if capacity restrictions are still in place for next year’s race? It’s been estimated that Marathon Weekend registration was limited to 25-50% of normal (depends on who you ask). If similar restrictions were required for the next Wine & Dine, they’d be looking at a situation where they either had essentially no registrations available for non-2020 registrants or, worse, they could potentially have more deferrals than available bibs.

I'm seriously thinking of asking to cancel and refund, too. I'm high-risk. I live with someone who is extremely high-risk. I see no way at all this race can be held safely enough for my situation. But I fear because I live in FL and don't have to factor in travel, I'll get a hard NO. Trying to decide whether or not to wait a bit longer and see if they cancel the race, or send an en email today...

Neither of us are high-risk...we just worry it won't be "worth it" to go to Disney in November. I don't know how people are doing masks in the park in the current summer heat. We don't care about character stuff as much as the firework shows and the dining experiences. Registration for Star Wars opens in a few weeks... we kind of just want Disney to tell us if it's cancelled or not. We're 50-50 and continue to train - we both just ran 10k virtual races this weekend to keep up race form. Oof. Stay safe everyone.

I'm seriously thinking of asking to cancel and refund, too. I'm high-risk. I live with someone who is extremely high-risk. I see no way at all this race can be held safely enough for my situation. But I fear because I live in FL and don't have to factor in travel, I'll get a hard NO. Trying to decide whether or not to wait a bit longer and see if they cancel the race, or send an en email today...

Being high-risk should be just as legit as a travel situation, but I'm not in charge of runDisney. (If I were, the merch situation would be vastly improved, at the least.) 😁

If you're sure you want out, there's no reason to wait, if you can get it. You might want to check FB groups to see if anyone in FL has gotten their refund before you give it a try.

That they haven't made an announcement is par for the course for them, naturally. They can't chew gum and walk at the same time, so maybe a couple weeks after Star Wars registration? (If at all?)

Thanks. My first email was very, "hey hey guys! puppies and rainbows! super friendly Doug here! Would you, could you, maybe help me out here?"

I just followed up with another email, spelling it out a bit more plainly: "I do not feel safe being 4 states away from my children during a pandemic."

We'll see how it goes. Maybe I should have waited, because on Monday they'll refund without holding back the extra fees?? I was just a little taken aback by the stern wording in their reply. *shrug*

Well, my more focused (but still friendly!) email did the trick. I was offered the gift card refund (minus processing fees). Those fees are a pretty big chunk of change for two challenges, but at least I'm getting about $700 back.

I'm heartbroken that we won't be running the Wine & Dine this year. Our 20th anniversary (we were married at the WDW Wedding Pavilion) is the week of the race, and we had been planning this for years. For us, we just don't want to risk being so far away from our kids during the pandemic.

Hopefully, those of us bowing out will shrink the number of runners to an acceptable amount, and the race will still go on. Good luck, runners!

Philly just cancelled too. That was scheduled for Nov 20-22 weekend... I'm holding on to hope still, but this isn't looking good friends...

Philly just cancelled too. That was scheduled for Nov 20-22 weekend... I'm holding on to hope still, but this isn't looking good friends...

I agree that it’s not looking good and hasn’t for a while, but I hesitate to draw too many conclusions or parallels between a race with 32-33,000 runners on a public course with open spectating and one with a max of ~12,000 runners (likely significantly less due to individual cancellations) run on private property with tightly controllable spectator requirements.

I saw something on facebook that an announcement is expected today. After MCM I think it's almost a given what it will be if it is today,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter