Official Wine & Dine 2018

Last year it was harder to get in the with the early registration than the actual general registration. I was on the computer at 5 minutes til refreshing the page. When it finally flipped to allowing registrations through the screen went directly to "Sold Out". I know that in the past people have complained about DVC and AP holders sharing the registration link with Non-DVC/AP holders. Someone even posted the link in the forums. Gerneral registration was smooth sailing with the challenge remaining open for quite some time (compared to past years). This year will be interesting with no Disneyland races taking place. I would love to get in with early registration, but have already prepared to be disappointed and not stress about it.

It doesn't help that the link gets plastered all over social media too. I wish there was a better way for them to handle it for AP/DVC.

It doesn't help that the link gets plastered all over social media too. I wish there was a better way for them to handle it for AP/DVC.

I tried using the AP link for the Princess registration and it did not even work for me, so I used the regular registration the day it opened and it worked out fine.

i have a stupid question...i am dvc and AP (my daughter who is 20 is AP but not technically on my dvc because im waiting until my son is old enough then i will get them both on it) when i go to early register for both of us....do i use the 12 digit code on the back of our plastic AP card to prove we are AP...i think i used my DVC to register before when it was just me.

Agreed. You'd think there would be some way to have people enter their credentials and be verified on Disney's sites in order to have the link to Active work. But perhaps that is also too much for Disney IT... seems like many things are...

Agreed. You'd think there would be some way to have people enter their credentials and be verified on Disney's sites in order to have the link to Active work. But perhaps that is also too much for Disney IT... seems like many things are...

Okay, now I'm sitting at work trying to figure out the best way for Disney to do this because that's much more interesting then my actual work... (my initial theory is that Disney would have to send some sort of authentication token in the header when it sends you to active and then active wouldn't let you register if that token isn't there ... but I don't know if either system is set up for that).

Edit: Actually, the best way to do it is probably have a way to link your AP/DVC and active.com accounts and have active only allow you to register if your account is linked to an active Disney ap/dvc account (since you need to be logged in to active to register anyway). But again ... not sure if either system is set up for that.

Okay, now I'm sitting at work trying to figure out the best way for Disney to do this because that's much more interesting then my actual work... (my initial theory is that Disney would have to send some sort of authentication token in the header when it sends you to active and then active wouldn't let you register if that token isn't there ... but I don't know if either system is set up for that).

Edit: Actually, the best way to do it is probably have a way to link your AP/DVC and active.com accounts and have active only allow you to register if your account is linked to an active Disney ap/dvc account (since you need to be logged in to active to register anyway). But again ... not sure if either system is set up for that.

Active.com isn’t built to allow any third-party authentication or alteration to its base platform, unfortunately, which is why it’s so dumb that so many organizers use it when it’s so overpriced from the organizer standpoint and Active double-dips on fees from participants.

The easiest way is to make it just like registering for a Dessert Party or special event on MDE and keep it all in-house. But LULZ ... we know Disney never does things the easy or logical way.

And really, they don’t care who or when people register as long as they get the money.

Last year it was harder to get in the with the early registration than the actual general registration. I was on the computer at 5 minutes til refreshing the page. When it finally flipped to allowing registrations through the screen went directly to "Sold Out". I know that in the past people have complained about DVC and AP holders sharing the registration link with Non-DVC/AP holders. Someone even posted the link in the forums. Gerneral registration was smooth sailing with the challenge remaining open for quite some time (compared to past years). This year will be interesting with no Disneyland races taking place. I would love to get in with early registration, but have already prepared to be disappointed and not stress about it.
Wait, are you saying the races sell out with early registration? I'm dvc, but was hoping to register after work at home the day early registration opens as I can't do it at work. I'm aiming for just the 10k, now I'm a bit nervous about not getting on.

Wait, are you saying the races sell out with early registration? I'm dvc, but was hoping to register after work at home the day early registration opens as I can't do it at work. I'm aiming for just the 10k, now I'm a bit nervous about not getting on.
A block of bibs is set aside for early registration and that block does sell out. Then many, many more bibs are available for regular registration.

Has anyone who is transferring their entry from a cancelled race that plans to do W&D half gotten their registration link yet? We were going to run the cancelled 2017 WDW half, switched our registration to a Disneyland race that also got cancelled, so we switched again to W&D but still haven't gotten the link to register.

This will be the 2nd year in a row that we are using one of the approved travel providers for these races. We paid a $25 deposit per race (2-5Ks, 1-10K, and 1 Challenge) back in January to be guaranteed we could get in to the races we wanted. We get our Active links shortly after runDisney releases them and that $100 that we put in as a deposit goes towards our hotel bill. A lot less stress for us!

A block of bibs is set aside for early registration and that block does sell out. Then many, many more bibs are available for regular registration.

I am new to this....what am I missing? There seem to be many here who are very concerned about early registration but the response above indicates there are many more bibs. Will someone please spell it out for me? :) Thank you!

I am new to this....what am I missing? There seem to be many here who are very concerned about early registration but the response above indicates there are many more bibs. Will someone please spell it out for me? :) Thank you!
:) There ARE many more bibs available after early registration — others will corroborate.

Speaking only for myself, my desire to grab some bibs for early registration is mainly because I am registering for 4 of us: 4 5Ks, 2 10Ks and one Challenge. So that’s 7 races I’m trying to get — 9 if I’m also registering for my sister to join (we’re ALL AP, before anyone gets concerned about that!).

So I feel better having two bites at the apple, so to speak. :thumbsup2

Some races sell out faster than others. Sometimes you can be put in a holding queue waiting for your turn to register and the race sells out before it’s your turn. Computers and browsers crash. Internet conks out. Phones break. I like being able to register early for peace of mind.

Are the rest of you still getting the “renew your AP” page instead of the “sign up for W&D races” page when you click on the “sign up early for runDisney events” on the Annual Passholder page? I know the links wouldn’t be active yet, but I haven’t been able to get to the proper page since I signed up for Dopey 2018. I’ve tried on my laptop and on my phone.

Thanks for the replies. So, if I am going to commit to the race and have any chance of a confirmation, I need to register right when it opens? And even then I may get shut out? I am not AP or DVC.

Are the rest of you still getting the “renew your AP” page instead of the “sign up for W&D races” page when you click on the “sign up early for runDisney events” on the Annual Passholder page? I know the links wouldn’t be active yet, but I haven’t been able to get to the proper page since I signed up for Dopey 2018. I’ve tried on my laptop and on my phone.

Did you try Chrome Incognito??? That’s the advice I’ve seen on the Resorts board. I can see the page, but it’s still Star Wars Dark Side information.

I was just able to get through just fine on Firefox. Which is crazy because I usually need to open an ingonito window to reserve ADRs.

I have not been able to get through on the passholder page either. I keep getting the "renew page". I have tried explorer incognito and chrome. I will have to try desktop firefox.

Thanks for the replies. So, if I am going to commit to the race and have any chance of a confirmation, I need to register right when it opens? And even then I may get shut out? I am not AP or DVC.

It has been a couple years since W&D sold out on opening day. (It will probably do it again in 2019, as that is an anniversary year.)
The AP/DVC early registration usually sells out. There is estimated to be between 5-10% of the bibs released early.
If prior years have any indication of what will happen this year, the races will fill in this order:
1)10K
2) 5K
3)Two Course Challenge
4) Half Marathon

As previous posters have shared, travel providers do have registration packages. As will the charity groups. IF for some reason registration fills before you get a chance to register yourself, both of these options are good places to look for a legit bib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter