Official Wine & Dine 2018

Even with the heat and rain Noah and I had a blast. He’s already talking about what his next Disney half should be. ( Now I just need to talk him into Goofy. :smooth:) We wound up missing Hook, and Tianna and Louis because their lines were too long, but we still managed to stop for 18 photopass pics and 3 selfies.

05E07489-0C2B-4E99-A8A3-63E1461BC87A.jpeg 6B4E7956-7662-4487-8E0B-73BB50EC2CC0.jpeg 482B8D85-4755-4FD0-81A1-0FD8A1248200.jpeg C6977356-1C12-40A0-AB02-ED575D73C103.jpeg 140434CB-D196-4B7C-9FB7-7012086CA87B.jpeg

Reminiscent in course or crowding? I didn't run today so ask because the Dark Side 10k first year started at Epcot, barely running through Epcot then to Studios and finished at ESPN.

Crowding. And overly and unnecessarily aggressive ballon ladies.

Thanks for arranging the meetup and dinner @croach!!!

I had so much fun during the half today. I didn’t care about time and was just doing whatever, taking pics, etc and never paid attention to my watch. I ended up with my second fastest half time :confused3 :rotfl2:Still slow compared to a lot of y’all, but I’ll take it.

I had some bad timing today on characters. Somehow I missed Moana & Edna and when I reached Epcot they were all on break! I didn’t feel like waiting around since I was so close to the finish line. Having to see and hear Carissa blabber about Food & Wine on the giant tv screen during the race was irritating. I was secretly hoping the rain would break the screen.

Does anyone have an extra Epcot ticket for tonight?? Please PM me if you do!! Thank you!!
Do you have first Dibs, but if you don’t need it, or I don’t hear back from you, does anybody else need a party ticket for tonight?

Last edited:

So sad I missed the meetup but that trip was probably the shortest possible rD trip. I was already back in Georgia when everyone was brunching! This was mainly a training race for me and I stuck with my sister for most of the race but I did leave her in Morocco when I realized I could get under 2:45. Finished at 2:43 and my sister ended up picking up the pace as finished at 2:45:26 (would that help her get into E too?). Most of my running pictures ended up terrible but I got a flying photo right at the finish line.
AD343B7A-CBD3-4C05-88E6-12E222A3A88B.jpeg

Currently waiting in the never ending coffee line at the airport. :coffee:

This trip was a mixed bag for me since technically I was a guest on someone else’s trip. I decided to just have fun during the races and I accomplished that. I did contemplate racing yesterday until @croach starting texting character stops. (I owe you a beer!) Then I came to my senses.:rotfl2:

Most of yesterday after the race was a bust. One of my friends went out too fast and was pretty sick after the race. (Other completed her first half!) She finally rallied, but the multiple downpours zapped her energy. I am sad that I missed the after party. Both friends are staying through Tuesday, so the motivation to stay out wasn’t there for them.

Safe travels everybody!

Thoughts on a whirlwind W&D weekend!

- EXPO - I loved that bib pickup and merch were in the same building, but when I got to the expo Friday morning at opening, I was disappointed that the merch was already picked over and sold out of several things (including my must-have Tervis water bottle :sad2:). Also, there was only one design for the headbands, rather than different ones for each race. Ah well, money saved!
- 10K - Weather was as good as it gets for FL to run! I lucked out in corral A. Didn't stop for a character until I got to Epcot. Wish the first 3.5 miles of this race were more interesting but going around World Showcase in the dark, with it all lit up, is a stunning sight. I finished early enough that I was able to get all the finish line character pics with not much wait. And I got to meet the famous rteetz in line for Sebastian!
- HALF - Weather not so good - didn't mind the light rain, just the humidity. The course is the same as the one they have used for Star Wars the last two years, and I really like it - 3 parks, including the magical Pandora in the dark. Thought the characters were good. As I was worried about before the race, the course between HS and the Boardwalk was a cluster (not so bad for me in corral B but I can imagine those in later corrals were packed in!).
- PARKS - were WAY more crowded than I was expecting for an off-season weekend, between Halloween and the official holiday season. But I was solo, so not a huge deal.
- MEDALS - love the medals, but afterwards noticed sloppy paint job on the half medal (which is my favorite). Anyone else?

Overall - I liked W&D a lot better than Princess, but not as much as SW or Marathon weekend. I think I would come back and do it again though!

Now on to Goofy training! Kind of surprised at how sore I was after this weekend - I got some work to do!!

- EXPO - I loved that bib pickup and merch were in the same building, but when I got to the expo Friday morning at opening, I was disappointed that the merch was already picked over and sold out of several things (including my must-have Tervis water bottle :sad2:). Also, there was only one design for the headbands, rather than different ones for each race. Ah well, money saved!
- 10K - Weather was as good as it gets for FL to run! I lucked out in corral A. Didn't stop for a character until I got to Epcot. Wish the first 3.5 miles of this race were more interesting but going around World Showcase in the dark, with it all lit up, is a stunning sight. I finished early enough that I was able to get all the finish line character pics with not much wait. And I got to meet the famous rteetz in line for Sebastian!
- HALF - Weather not so good - didn't mind the light rain, just the humidity. The course is the same as the one they have used for Star Wars the last two years, and I really like it - 3 parks, including the magical Pandora in the dark. Thought the characters were good. As I was worried about before the race, the course between HS and the Boardwalk was a cluster (not so bad for me in corral B but I can imagine those in later corrals were packed in!).
- PARKS - were WAY more crowded than I was expecting for an off-season weekend, between Halloween and the official holiday season. But I was solo, so not a huge deal.
- MEDALS - love the medals, but afterwards noticed sloppy paint job on the half medal (which is my favorite). Anyone else?

Overall - I liked W&D a lot better than Princess, but not as much as SW or Marathon weekend. I think I would come back and do it again though!

Now on to Goofy training! Kind of surprised at how sore I was after this weekend - I got some work to do!!
It was great to meet you! Congrats on the weekend!

I think we were a little suprised at the park crowds too. They weren't bad on Sunday and Monday but things were extremely crowded on Saturday. On the east coast I've only done Princess, W+D and Marathon Weekend. I think I agree with your rankings at least for the ones I've run. Marathon weekend seems to have a more runner centric vibe. There also seems to be more encouragement during those races. I also think there are more spectators during marathon weekend.

I think I like the wine and Dine course a little better. You get to your first park sooner, running through Pandora is really cool, you get to run around the boardwalk and you get more time in Epcot. For me running down Mainstreet and running through the castle are some of the best parts on any course, but the pros for Wine and Dine slightly outweigh that cool experience.

I started in corral H and my goal was to just finish the race but I managed to cross the finish line in 2:45!

Other than dropping and breaking my phone around mile 11 it was an amazing first half!!

I’m still super bummed that I wasn’t able to get a magnet from the expo - especially seeing how much they are on eBay! Hopefully I can snag one for Princess. Also disappointing that the I Did It shirts weren’t cotton.

So runDisney tweeted out a photo of me, my wife, my mom and my sister posing with Minnie before the 5k. This was their first overall 5k and they thought this was normal, like everyone gets their photos tweeted out! Too funny.

5k was good. Half weather stunk - somehow it went from a cold rain to warm and muggy to a chilly wind and back to warm and muggy in the span of two hours. Like the half shirt, I just wish Champion could have a softer, lighter cotton for the 5k shirts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter