Official Wine & Dine 2018

Just saw this on the Disney World AP benefits page:

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend presented by MISFIT™

Event Dates: November 1 to 4, 2018
Early Registration for Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will open on Friday, March 16, 2018 at noon EST. Registration for the general public will open on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at noon EST. We apologize for the delay and look forward to hosting our runners for the race weekend at Walt Disney World Resort from November 1-4, 2018.
DVC hasn't changed from temporarily delayed yet, but their site was really wonky this morning in general.

Early Registration for Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will open on Friday, March 16, 2018 at noon EST. Registration for the general public will open on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at noon EST. We apologize for the delay and look forward to hosting our runners for the race weekend at Walt Disney World Resort from November 1-4, 2018.

Thanks for the update! I'm an AP and still cannot get to this page. I'm signed in, but still get either the Star Wars run (when I click on "View event Dates") or the renew your pass page (when I click on "View Passholder Extras"..."Passholders! Enjoy Early Registration for runDisney Events").

What path are you using?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update! I'm an AP and still cannot get to this page. I'm signed in, but still get either the Star Wars run (when I click on "View event Dates") or the renew your pass page (when I click on "View Passholder Extras"..."Passholders! Enjoy Early Registration for runDesney Events").

What path are you using?
I can't get to that page either.

Thanks for the update! I'm an AP and still cannot get to this page. I'm signed in, but still get either the Star Wars run (when I click on "View event Dates") or the renew your pass page (when I click on "View Passholder Extras"..."Passholders! Enjoy Early Registration for runDesney Events").

What path are you using?

On MDE I go to "Annual Passholders" under "My Account" in the dropdown. This page has a list of of info/links and there is a link under "Don’t Miss These Special Events and Passholder Extras" for "View Passholder Extras". This takes you to a page that lists all the extras you can get, like the Flower & Garden magnets and discounts. There is one for early registration for runDisney and that takes you to the page I linked earlier.

Or I just Google "runDisney AP" because I'm lazy.

Edit: I just realized how I described how to get to that page is the same way you said wasn't working for you. Whoops!

On MDE I go to "Annual Passholders" under "My Account" in the dropdown. This page has a list of of info/links and there is a link under "Don’t Miss These Special Events and Passholder Extras" for "View Passholder Extras". This takes you to a page that lists all the extras you can get, like the Flower & Garden magnets and discounts. There is one for early registration for runDisney and that takes you to the page I linked earlier.

Or I just Google "runDisney AP" because I'm lazy.

Edit: I just realized how I described how to get to that page is the same way you said wasn't working for you. Whoops!

Yeah, unfortunately for me also when I click the runDisney link, it just redirects me to the page to buy an AP even though I already have one.

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it stays with these reg dates.

Interesting how the charge is different based on the resort level. Like an existing rectangle of asphalt costs more to oversee at Beach Club than Pop. This might push a lot of people off-site, including us.

Still cheaper for me to stay at value for our upcoming trip but I can see deluxe guests getting mad quick.

Yeah the parking fee is just bad optics for Disney but scaling it by resort type is even worse.

Yeah, this is what will probably push us to look at off-site locations for the first time since we started going to WDW together in 2009. I thought we'd always stay onsite, but it's getting to be too much.

Well - the manager at the Ritz loves my mother. I also get excellent service there. I will be staying there more if I’m not using my DVC

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it stays with these reg dates.
I will feel better when I can get to the passholders page. Especially since I'm working on a renewal certificate confirmation number. I live in the northeast, renewed by AP in the beginning of February, and just can't swing flying down to WDW just to activate my pass. They keep telling me I won't have a problem registering early as an AP, but with all that has transpired I am soooo on edge about the whole thing.

Thanks for the update! I'm an AP and still cannot get to this page. I'm signed in, but still get either the Star Wars run (when I click on "View event Dates") or the renew your pass page (when I click on "View Passholder Extras"..."Passholders! Enjoy Early Registration for runDisney Events").

What path are you using?

I can't get to that page either.

Yeah, unfortunately for me also when I click the runDisney link, it just redirects me to the page to buy an AP even though I already have one.

Same for me.

How does that even make sense? And with DVC it means ONLY those who made reservations at their home resorts at 11 months.

But why would they?

I re-read the post on rdr. The DVC reservation just has to be booked with points. You don’t even need to be the DVC owner. Supposedly this will be a new offer for 2019 races and is available for a short time for F&W.

I'm not sure why they would, but they did. I secured my Two Course Challenge bib-only order from the TA referenced on the RDR FB group yesterday and paid my invoice this morning. No tix required since I have an AP, and no room reservation required because I have an existing DVC ressie for Nov. 1-5. Happy to see that rD has now announced early and general registration dates and definitely hoping they stick, but I won't lie and say that I'm not happy not to have to go through the registration process, even with early registration access...

well Friday I work till 11 (and if they ask me to stay late I'll try to haggle a break at noon or take a pass) and if I can't get in for AP I'm off again this Tuesday so the odds are in my favor to get in for the 10K.... might go look at Hotels now cause the parking fee goes in effect for reservations made after 3/20

I changed my offsite/Disney Springs area hotel (with resort fee + parking fee) reservation to Pop Century last week because it wound up being like $5 cheaper than what I originally booked and I figured for essentially the same price, I might as well get the extra FP booking time! If I had to pay for parking at Pop, I'd have stayed with the offsite.

I also live in Orlando and this is more of a staycation/celebration for running my first half. If I was truly going on vacation and traveling to get here, I'd probably pick the Disney hotel regardless of the extra parking.

I just spoke with Disney tech support regarding APs not having access to the AP benefits pages.

The good news is that he knew right away what I was talking about as he said many others have called with the same problem.

The bad news is that he said it is a known issue having to do with linking AP accounts to permissions to access pages, and that the work-arounds tech support has tried have not worked. He is going to escalate the ticket (whatever that really means) but did not think it would be resolved by Friday. His only suggestion was that I call runDisney on Friday and see if they would register me over the phone.

Any other suggestions other than waiting until Tuesday??

My only suggestion is to ask all the other posters with this issue to call Disney tech support 407 939-4357. Perhaps if they get enough complaints they will do something about it.

For me when I go from the MDE site to the AP perks it redirects to the buy an AP page HOWEVER when I go click via RunDisney's page it brings me to registration albeit the links haven't been changed over from Star Wars yet though I'd assume they'd change on Friday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter