Official Wine & Dine 2018

Me either. I was not a fan of the passport medal from last year (or was it the year before?). It was a little too much.

Those of you that don't run in the rain, is it just pouring rain or any rain? I enjoy rain runs from time to time as long as it isn't a full-on storm. I bought a Patagonia best just for summer rain runs.
I liked running in the rain when it was just me, earbuds, and an old-fashioned ipod. That is until the earbuds got wet and every now and again I felt a slight buzz going on in my ear. LOL The children updated my electronics and now I can't risk even the thought of my phone or bluetooth headphones getting wet.

Week 4 training done!

I really didn't like last year's medals....So excited to see this year's!!
Right there with ya' about training. I actually beginning to enjoy my alone time on Saturday mornings as I get out to run early and quite honestly no one wants to go with.

I have no problem running in rain, and actually really enjoy it, but I won't run outdoors when there's lightning within 10 miles. And I live in Tampa Bay, the lightning capital of the world, so most times in summer, rain comes with lightning. Usually, rain also comes with heat down here, so no jacket needed - just a plastic bag for my phone. I've run in everything form a light drizzle to a named storm, complete with ankle-deep water and white-out conditions form rain falling so hard, lol!

Naples/Collier County took over the lightning capital title in 2016 ;)

Light rain we’ll run in but anymore than that we’ll head to the gym.

Does anyone else use TouringPlans? I get updates on the crowds periodically for race weekend, and they keep getting lighter (which is awesome) but I wonder how accurate they tend to be. (Their line waiting times are usually spot on.)

Does anyone else use TouringPlans? I get updates on the crowds periodically for race weekend, and they keep getting lighter (which is awesome) but I wonder how accurate they tend to be. (Their line waiting times are usually spot on.)

I got those too and was wondering about accuracy on that as well. I feel like W&D weekend has gotten more and more crowded the past couple of years so I guess only time will tell. But they've gone down for my December trip as well. They still have time to bring them back up, but I'd be happy for them stay where they have them now!

I've been using TP since its pre-website/app days, when it was just the Unofficial Guide! They are very, very accurate... but you have to understand the meaning behind the numbers. A crowd size of 6 10 years ago is not equal to a 6 now: the numbers are relative to one another in the current time. So a 1 today feels more crowded than a 1 10 years ago - but a 1 today is still going to feel lower than a 7 today. I find the best use of crowd levels to be gauging which day is a best bet for a certain park within the framework of my vacation. If I'm going for 5 days, and day A has the MK as a 9 and EP as a 5, but day C has the MK as 6 and EP as an 8, I'll opt to visit MK on day C and EP on day A. A caveat though: those crowd numbers can, and often do, change a lot, right up until that week. My personal experience has been that the crowd size has a lot less impact on how a day goes than does touring strategy.

Hi All,
I posted this on the larger forum, but this seems a more appropriate place....

For those not staying on WDW property, is there transportation back to the start at the end of the race? Specifically for the 10K where I plan to drive myself to the start at MK parking lot. Is there transportation back from Epcot at the finish? I know people staying on site get transportation, but wondering specifically about transportation back to the start.

Thanks in Advance,
Frank

Hi All,
I posted this on the larger forum, but this seems a more appropriate place....

For those not staying on WDW property, is there transportation back to the start at the end of the race? Specifically for the 10K where I plan to drive myself to the start at MK parking lot. Is there transportation back from Epcot at the finish? I know people staying on site get transportation, but wondering specifically about transportation back to the start.

Thanks in Advance,
Frank
The way this has worked in the past is that there is no parking at the TTC (MK). Cars park at EP, then take a bus to the start area. Then we finish in EP, where the cars are parked.

Very true. The days when September was DEAD are long gone. They were great, though...
The week after Labor Day is still very, very slow. The last 2 weeks of Sept are as crowded as October because they moved up the start of the boozefest. Heck, I remember when it was dead from the last week of August to the middle of October. Dead - like, walk on every ride - EVERY ride. And it wasn't that long ago.

The week after Labor Day is still very, very slow. The last 2 weeks of Sept are as crowded as October because they moved up the start of the boozefest. Heck, I remember when it was dead from the last week of August to the middle of October. Dead - like, walk on every ride - EVERY ride. And it wasn't that long ago.

September used to be such a great time to go! They lured people in with free dining and now this year the Halloween parties start August 17th.......AUGUST??? Seriously? Is MK really going to have fall decorations up? Can’t we finish enjoying summer first? Food and Wine starts August 30th. I think it’s ridiculous.

September used to be such a great time to go! They lured people in with free dining and now this year the Halloween parties start August 17th.......AUGUST??? Seriously? Is MK really going to have fall decorations up? Can’t we finish enjoying summer first? Food and Wine starts August 30th. I think it’s ridiculous.
You mean you don’t want to trick or treat in mid August when it’s 105 degrees? ;)

You mean you don’t want to trick or treat in mid August when it’s 105 degrees? ;)

I’ll be floating in my pool LOL!!! It makes me cringe to think about pumpkins and fall decorations in MK while all the leaves are still green and attached to the trees up north.

I personally love my chocolate to be a melted mess. The more I can get all over my clothes and face, the better! :rolleyes::rotfl2:

Yuck! All that melted chocolate on kids who Must. Touch. Everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter