Official Wine & Dine 2018

I like each of the medals on their own, but agree that together they lack cohesion. I also liked last years medals- but think this year is such a 180 difference they must have had a lot of complaints. LOL

And I do miss the classic Spaceship Earth design. sigh. Those were lovely medals!

I wonder what the medal design process is like. Does RD farm it out to the medal companies to come up with the Design or does Disney sketch what they want? Seriously though, each year there seems to be a race or two that’s a bust for medal design. Marathon weekend and Star Wars seem to be the most consistent from year to year with a majority liking what they see. Maybe these will be glorious in person.

I agree as a whole they lack cohesion as far as aesthetic and It's odd that the 5K medal doesn't have the same 'pop' of color as the rest (though hey at least they haven't cut budgets and went back to rubber for the 5K) also SO GLAD that the 10K medal is right side up this hear I hated that the luggage tag medal hung sideways so it was hard to read when wearing/hanging

I like each of the medals on their own, but agree that together they lack cohesion. I also liked last years medals- but think this year is such a 180 difference they must have had a lot of complaints. LOL

And I do miss the classic Spaceship Earth design. sigh. Those were lovely medals!

I do remember people complaining about last years medals. Which I found odd. They design was Classic Epcot. It was incredible and that passport medal is AMAZING.

I’m so over rose gold everything. Not a fan of any of the medals, but maybe they will be better in person. It looks like Mickey is running past a set of apartment buildings on the Half medal.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Before I read it's the Tuscan countryside, and only seeing a small picture, my first thought was, what are those houses? For a minute I thought they were advertising Golden Oak.

Was curious to see medal reactions to races that I'm not running, so I'm popping in here. I like the Lady and the Tramp design since I love that movie, kind of neutral about the 10K medal. Great scene in a classic movie, but doesn't do much as a medal. Okay with the half medal, but I love Mickey so that covers up a lot in my book. I think I would like the challenge medal better if it wasn't so saturated with pink.

As for hoping to like medals better once you see them in person, I will say this. I hoped that would happen for the 2017 Rebel Challenge medal. Well, it was better in person, but only slightly so. Still such a squandered medal opportunity. The 40th anniversary of Star Wars and the best they could do was the outline that suggested C-3PO?

I like that they're changing the medals every year now, but would still love to see more park icons incorporated into those medals especially for themes that fit a certain park.

2012 worked out perfectly for me. My first coast to coast and I ran the Disneyland Half and the Wine & Dine Half. So the Disneyland medal featured the classic Disneyland D around Sleeping Beauty Castle and the Wine & Dine Half medal featured Spaceship Earth. Since I visit Disneyland frequently and it already has a castle, I view Spaceship Earth as the symbol of Disney World. So for my first coast to coast, I have a medal with the resort icons (in my mind at least) of both Disneyland and Disney World.

Last edited:
These aren't my FAVORITE rD medals but I think they're mostly cute. Nothing beats Star Wars ones in my book. Every time I come to DIS I remember anew that I must not be that particular when it comes to medals... :confused3

FYI for anyone interested, and in case it hasn't already been posted here, they finally opened up the Frozen Fireworks Dessert Party for Nov and there's one on Nov 4. Were planning on doing it before the post race party.

I’m so over rose gold everything. Not a fan of any of the medals, but maybe they will be better in person. It looks like Mickey is running past a set of apartment buildings on the Half medal.

I love the medals (they make me wish I could do W&D!) but totally agree on the rose gold thing. I am kind of sick of seeing it EVERYWHERE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter