Official Wine & Dine 2018

Maybe but you hope they would’ve planned that prior to a race registration.

So when we do we get runUniversal. They should seize on the opportunity. :D:D:D
Universal does a 5k but it's not themed. It's only limited to team members, annual passholders and their friends and family. I'd say they're missing out limiting who can sign up!

A joint Disney to Universal race will never, ever happen but that would be AWESOME!!!

Universal does a 5k but it's not themed. It's only limited to team members, annual passholders and their friends and family. I'd say they're missing out limiting who can sign up!

I was just kidding about Universal but you’re right. I’d definitely be in for a Harry Potter run. Those lands are little cramped for runners though.

I was just kidding about Universal but you’re right. I’d definitely be in for a Harry Potter run. Those lands are little cramped for runners though.

Coming out of lurker mode for a minute to note idly that I was in Universal after the Princess half and tried to daydream how a Harry Potter half would work -but no obvious race course that would happen. Universal owns significantly less land than Disney in Orlando (see: parking garages instead of lots) and they'd probably have to run off property and start working with city of Orlando. Also, the whole narrow pathway thing in the lands that was mentioned.

BUT IT WOULD BE SO COOL. One can dream.

Ok, back to lurking. Here's hoping the delay in registration is due to nothing major!

Well, I was supposed to be cycling through my race web sites favorites folder, gathering races and dates for deciding later what races to do. Then I came over to check on W&D...

DW and I feel for everyone who was looking forward to registration. We did the W&D Half a Half 2015 and the Lumiere's Two Course Challenge in 2016. That one cost me a wasted vacation day when they changed the sign up date.

What were the announced characters and themes for the races? I went to rD, and didn't find anything, though I was able to see the elusive 10k information.

I'm about to register for run and ride at my local cedar fair park. I'm sure It won't he as fun, but I bet it's a bit more organized...and cheaper...closer to home...

I've done a few Cedar Fair runs. They aren't necessarily more organized, but certainly cheaper, closer and more willing to answer questions.

Coming out of lurker mode for a minute to note idly that I was in Universal after the Princess half and tried to daydream how a Harry Potter half would work -but no obvious race course that would happen. Universal owns significantly less land than Disney in Orlando (see: parking garages instead of lots) and they'd probably have to run off property and start working with city of Orlando. Also, the whole narrow pathway thing in the lands that was mentioned.

BUT IT WOULD BE SO COOL. One can dream.

Ok, back to lurking. Here's hoping the delay in registration is due to nothing major!

Oh....You mean like the Disneyland races??
ducktomatoes.gif
ducktomatoes.gif
ducktomatoes.gif
ducktomatoes.gif

So at this point I am really unclear about stuff is actually known about Wine and Dine. Right now it seems the Early Registration is delayed until later this week? Do we have any idea when it will be delayed till? Is all registration opening at the same time now?

So at this point I am really unclear about stuff is actually known about Wine and Dine. Right now it seems the Early Registration is delayed until later this week? Do we have any idea when it will be delayed till? Is all registration opening at the same time now?
No one really knows for sure. Maybe an announcement about registration this week? You have the same questions many of us have.

What were the announced characters and themes for the races? I went to rD, and didn't find anything, though I was able to see the elusive 10k information.
It appears to be a "Chefs of Disney" theme:
Half:
How much fun can you pack into one day? Plenty when you set your course for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon featuring Chef Mickey!
10K:
Here's your chance to make your personal running dreams come true and test your endurance in an exciting race celebrating Chef Louis & Sebastian!
5K:
Don your fall festive running gear and get set for a family adventure that's fun for all ages and skill levels celebrating Chef Tony from "Lady and the Tramp."

Not paying active fees would be fab. I'm still not convinced this is an IT issue. I'm pretty sure there will be changes and that is what they are trying to finalize.

"The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing".

"That's us, dude."

"Oh yea!"

FWIW there's been all sorts of tinkering on the rD website today, none of which I would classify as having to do with registration - just general housekeeping things. Maybe they felt the website wasn't ready for boatloads of viewing and wanted to clean it up first?

FWIW there's been all sorts of tinkering on the rD website today, none of which I would classify as having to do with registration - just general housekeeping things. Maybe they felt the website wasn't ready for boatloads of viewing and wanted to clean it up first?
True, but one would hope that things that needed adjustments and IT attention would have been noticed long before registration dates were announced. Twice. But really, who knows? I'm just interested to see what all shakes out of this.

Not paying active fees would be fab. I'm still not convinced this is an IT issue. I'm pretty sure there will be changes and that is what they are trying to finalize.

If Active goes away, you can be sure you will be paying similar, if not higher, fees either directly to RunDisney or the company of their choosing. No way are they going to let that revenue stream slip away. Stopping that revenue stream from going to someone else is the most likely reason I see for them to move registration in-house.

They've never cared about errors on their website or keeping it up to date before. Why start now the day before registration?

If Active goes away, you can be sure you will be paying similar, if not higher, fees either directly to RunDisney or the company of their choosing. No way are they going to let that revenue stream slip away. Stopping that revenue stream from going to someone else is the most likely reason I see for them to move registration in-house.

So true. They see how many are willing to pay the fee so why not take it for themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter