Ogas cantina

I am going as a single for this trip.

can I straddle up to the bar as a bounty hunting loaner and lean over and order a drink?
then just people watch and enjoy the place.....kinda like a regular bar?

The spots at the actual bar are for ADR’s too. You can not walk in without permission from a CM. Walk ups are allowed but only when the ADR line is pretty short. Park open and near closing time are when you’re most likely to be let in as a walk up. If you walk by and the line is short, ask about a walk up. Or use Touringplans to get a reservation, or check the days before as lots of people cancel.

I wonder how they assign where they will "seat" you. While I would like to be at the bar just for the atmosphere, we'll be there with my almost 5 year old. Even though she's tall (4ft), I would feel more comfortable at a table with seats vs the table tops. I just hope it's not too chaotic in there.

I wonder how they assign where they will "seat" you. While I would like to be at the bar just for the atmosphere, we'll be there with my almost 5 year old. Even though she's tall (4ft), I would feel more comfortable at a table with seats vs the table tops. I just hope it's not too chaotic in there.
There are no tables with seats. There is the bar, surrounded by rows of high-top tables with no seats, then a few booths along the walls. The booths accommodate many people (I'd say 8-10) and if you get one, you will likely be seated with others. You can probably request a booth, but be prepared to wait for one - there really aren't too many.

The place is as chaotic as they come at Disney. My husband and I were assigned two places at a high-top table and could barely fit there. You are pretty much shoulder to shoulder with other guests and it's loud. At least that was our experience in the evening. I don't know if it would be different during the day.

There are no tables with seats. There is the bar, surrounded by rows of high-top tables with no seats, then a few booths along the walls. The booths accommodate many people (I'd say 8-10) and if you get one, you will likely be seated with others. You can probably request a booth, but be prepared to wait for one - there really aren't too many.

The place is as chaotic as they come at Disney. My husband and I were assigned two places at a high-top table and could barely fit there. You are pretty much shoulder to shoulder with other guests and it's loud. At least that was our experience in the evening. I don't know if it would be different during the day.
thanks for the input! I was referring to the booths, but I didn't realize they were big. I'm not going to request something specifically; we'll just wing it. How tall would you say the table top is? Our ADR is for 3pm on a Thursday in February, so who knows how busy it will be at that time.

thanks for the input! I was referring to the booths, but I didn't realize they were big. I'm not going to request something specifically; we'll just wing it. How tall would you say the table top is? Our ADR is for 3pm on a Thursday in February, so who knows how busy it will be at that time.
They seemed like typical bar height tables - maybe 40-42 inches? We didn't notice a lot of kids at the time we were there, almost 9 pm, but the families who were there seemed to be in the booths. Maybe they try to be accommodating that way. While it's chaotic, Oga's is also a great deal of fun - lots of music, great lighting, energetic CMs, etc. I think your little one will enjoy it.

I think they just assign based on party size. They may try to place groups with kids at the booths, but try is the key word. I saw groups with kids too short to reach the high top be placed there. One kid just sat at his parents feet. I also saw a couple with one person in a wheelchair be placed at the one low accessible spot at the bar, which left little room between the chair and the standing counter. They didn’t seem happy about it and left after a few minutes without ordering. You can ask if it is possible to wait to be placed at your preferred type of location, and they will accommodate if possible. When it’s really busy they’ll say no.

They seemed like typical bar height tables - maybe 40-42 inches? We didn't notice a lot of kids at the time we were there, almost 9 pm, but the families who were there seemed to be in the booths. Maybe they try to be accommodating that way. While it's chaotic, Oga's is also a great deal of fun - lots of music, great lighting, energetic CMs, etc. I think your little one will enjoy it.
great thanks! I'm not really worried. My kid likes Star Wars stuff and will be happy to try a cool specialty drink.

I think they just assign based on party size. They may try to place groups with kids at the booths, but try is the key word. I saw groups with kids too short to reach the high top be placed there. One kid just sat at his parents feet. I also saw a couple with one person in a wheelchair be placed at the one low accessible spot at the bar, which left little room between the chair and the standing counter. They didn’t seem happy about it and left after a few minutes without ordering. You can ask if it is possible to wait to be placed at your preferred type of location, and they will accommodate if possible. When it’s really busy they’ll say no.

to be honest, we might prefer being at a table top to being smooshed into a booth with others. :D

You’d actually probably have more room in a booth. Sometimes at the high tops and bar people have to turn sideways because they cram so many people in. But a booth would probably be less fun, especially if you can’t see DJ-R3X.

How is Olga for kids? We will be traveling with our kids twins 14 and a 7 year old. We aren't drinkers but would like to just go in, get a non-etoh drink and check it out.

I'm thinking it is along the lines of a trader sams where the kids will find it interesting and fun to be in there and beat the July heat for a bit.

So my experience is with Oga's in DL this past summer, but they put my 5 year old and 1 year old at a bar height table. My 5 year was super bored, sat on the floor under the table, and played on my phone, while my husband held my 1 year old. Wasn't an awesome time. My husband never wants to go back!! Oh and we shared the table with another party of 4 who we had to keep fighting with to get our share of the table.

How is Olga for kids? We will be traveling with our kids twins 14 and a 7 year old. We aren't drinkers but would like to just go in, get a non-etoh drink and check it out.

I'm thinking it is along the lines of a trader sams where the kids will find it interesting and fun to be in there and beat the July heat for a bit.
My kids at those ages would have loved it! It's much bigger and more chaotic than Trader Sam's, but also a lot more fun. It's fun to watch the bartenders, the CMs are in character, and the DJ robot is great. The drinks are interesting - foaming, lighted up, smoking, etc. That said, it is tight in there - we didn't have to "fight" for table space, but I could see that happening.

If we can’t get a reservation for a table at the Ogas cantina in the Star Wars area and we just want to get a drink, can we just walk in without a reservation or do you have to have one even if you just want a drink? And can you take your drink outside of the cantina?
Was just there a couple of days ago. Reservations only. There are two “appetizers” you can get. It’s not much. It’s really just drinks. Right now a limit of two. They go over the rules and do’s & dont’s before you go in. No drinks outside of cantina. Most of the seating is standing. I noticed only large groups of people getting the sit down seating.

great thanks! I'm not really worried. My kid likes Star Wars stuff and will be happy to try a cool specialty drink.

to be honest, we might prefer being at a table top to being smooshed into a booth with others. :D

It doesn't matter where they seat or "stand" you - you will be smooshed with others. We stood at the bar and the woman they placed next to me had a huge backpack on and decided to film the whole place with her phone. She was either bumping me with her backpack or arm the whole time. It was not an enjoyable experience.

We just went with our 12-year old. We went for breakfast and he was hungry, so the place kept his attention until he was done with his roll. Watching them make the drinks was kind of cool as there are some effects, but, IMHO, Oga's doesn't come close to Trader Sam's in terms of offerings (particularly apps), antics and effects. And we have never been smooshed at Trader Sam's.

We had a reservation, but once inside, we ordered our drinks in to-go cups and paid when we ordered. That way, as soon as we were tired of the loud, crowded atmosphere inside, we just left and walked around SWGE with our drinks.

We were there in October and got a booth - the first one in the door - but I think we were the “perfect storm” of needs for a booth - we were a party of 9. And, of that, 1 was a 4-year-old (who didn’t like it because it was way too loud for her, so FYI to others with younger ones or sound-sensitive folks), and 2 were mobility-impaired (85 year old in a wheelchair who can only walk short distances w a walker and me, who was on an ECV/in a walking boot recovering from ankle break and surgery and could only walk a few steps without assistance).

We wouldn’t have been able to do it without a way to sit so we were so happy to have it. But I hope that helps give an idea of what Disney is using them for. I really wish they had made it bigger and with more seating.

We were there in October and got a booth - the first one in the door - but I think we were the “perfect storm” of needs for a booth - we were a party of 9. And, of that, 1 was a 4-year-old (who didn’t like it because it was way too loud for her, so FYI to others with younger ones or sound-sensitive folks), and 2 were mobility-impaired (85 year old in a wheelchair who can only walk short distances w a walker and me, who was on an ECV/in a walking boot recovering from ankle break and surgery and could only walk a few steps without assistance).

We wouldn’t have been able to do it without a way to sit so we were so happy to have it. But I hope that helps give an idea of what Disney is using them for. I really wish they had made it bigger and with more seating.
Great point. My family and I had to stand at a table. But my brother and his family were on a different reservation and got a booth. My sister-in-law had a brace on her ankle from an injury and at check-in she told them she needed to sit. They accommodated her request.

We just went with our kids (14 and 11) and they loved it. They each had non-alcoholic concoctions that had popping pearls and other cool effects. We were placed at the bar and had a good view of the DJ. It was their first time in that kind of environment and they thought it was fun. Had our 11-year-old daughter been too short to see over the bar it might have been less successful.

My experience is based on our trip to DL last July, but one thing I’ll suggest is that if you want your two drink max, order them both at the same time. It took nearly 25 minutes for someone to come take our drink order. In the time it took to receive our drinks and finish them, we didn’t have time to order a second drink, wait for it to come, and then enjoy it as well.

Another thing to note: our ADR was for around 10:30 pm, and we had been in the park since around 9:30 that morning. We loved seeing the imagineering details, but we were so tired and it was so loud and people-y in there that we really didn’t have a great time. If we go again, we’ll try to book earlier in the day or at least make sure we get a good rest beforehand!

My experience is based on our trip to DL last July, but one thing I’ll suggest is that if you want your two drink max, order them both at the same time. It took nearly 25 minutes for someone to come take our drink order. In the time it took to receive our drinks and finish them, we didn’t have time to order a second drink, wait for it to come, and then enjoy it as well.

Another thing to note: our ADR was for around 10:30 pm, and we had been in the park since around 9:30 that morning. We loved seeing the imagineering details, but we were so tired and it was so loud and people-y in there that we really didn’t have a great time. If we go again, we’ll try to book earlier in the day or at least make sure we get a good rest beforehand!

I’m surprised they started your time when you were seated. Twenty minutes for even just one drink isn’t enough time for me! I’m a lightweight. Here the time starts from when you are actually served, at least when I’ve been there.

I’m surprised they started your time when you were seated. Twenty minutes for even just one drink isn’t enough time for me! I’m a lightweight. Here the time starts from when you are actually served, at least when I’ve been there.
Well, if I’m being honest I don’t know when the timer started as it was never clarified. I assumed it was when we were shown to our table, but maybe not. The waiter never offered us a second drink, just brought us our check and souvenir tiki, so I assumed that was a sign that our time was up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter