Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

Big fun that morning. I love your art hunt- even if you didn't find "just the right one" (that day), and DISMeets are always a great time. I'm always torn about taking time out to head back to the Pool. How much time would you say it takes to go back to the resort, change (2x), and shower, and then head back to a park?

Last edited:
I couldn't see the pictures from your staycation, but I think I saw a lot of them on FB.

You really have to wait for a long time to get a front row seat at the parade.

There was really cool stuff at Darth's Mall, I loved the "Her Universe" stuff. And those drinks were really good!

Nice job on the rides and PP pictures! Great that you got some pool time as well.

That's not a Moo Moo, way too form fitting and you look great. Moo Moo are for plus sized gals like me who want to hide that their waist almost rivals their bust! :rotfl2:

I think we might know where you're headed for dinner, but we'll all act surprised! :rotfl:

I love any excuse for a redo!!!

::yes:: :)

What a fun afternoon. I'm still mad that we missed Darth's Mall and the parade. I can't believe I did that, major Dis fail on my part.

I'm loving the art mission, I'm seeing many beautuful things I normally never would.

I can't see the stay cation pictures either, I'll try again later.

Last edited:
How wonderful you got to meet up with Pam and her mom. I have read some of her TR's but I haven't been keeping up with her lately.

I haven't done a TR recently, you're not missing anything :) I've slowed down a lot on here due to work.

Fun update Cynthia. Too much to comment on now, but I also can't see the pics from your staycation and I really want to.

To every one else - my computer sort of crashed the night before we left, so I never got to finish replies. But we are here at the Boardwalk now. We have an awesome 2BR lock-off that has been refurbed. It's beautiful. The best part is we are on the 5th floor overlooking ToT which means that we had the most amazing view of the Frozen fireworks last night. I'm am sure I enjoyed it way more than if I had been in the part. It was amazing!

So that's all for now. Oh yeah - its REALLY hot here. lol

Love the pictures from the Star Wars cavalcade! I really need to get there for a SWW one of these years. *sigh* I really wish I lived closer.

Fun update Cynthia. Too much to comment on now, but I also can't see the pics from your staycation and I really want to.

To every one else - my computer sort of crashed the night before we left, so I never got to finish replies. But we are here at the Boardwalk now. We have an awesome 2BR lock-off that has been refurbed. It's beautiful. The best part is we are on the 5th floor overlooking ToT which means that we had the most amazing view of the Frozen fireworks last night. I'm am sure I enjoyed it way more than if I had been in the part. It was amazing!

How cool about the room and the view!!! But you absolutely MUST go to HS to see the fireworks, they're right behind the Chinese Theater and it feels like you're right underneath them. Mom and I both thought they were the most beautiful fireworks we'd ever seen.

Enjoy your trip :)

I can't see the staycation pics either, I'm sure they are awesome!

The parade looks like fun, I hate waiting for a parade though. If you don't stake out a spot an hour before, forget it! :rolleyes:

I love that drink with the Death Star ice cube in it! You can order those online somewhere, I keep meaning to get one...

Seriously, the only reason I would deal with SWW is for Darth's Mall...it looks so amazing! :worship:

Haha, I'm a WS junky too! I can't stay away!

wd058wdw201413675151092_6995670273_18.jpeg

You look like you're having fun! The kid in the front, not so much lol

I need Wheezy!

:scared: Goo, that's as long as an attraction! Well, this is kind of like an attraction I suppose.

Handwash only!

No one has time for that.

This makes me think of Danielle

IMG_1426.jpg

I had missed your comment about Danielle and was going to post that she could pull all of these off :thumbsup2

So pretty!

Me and my muu muu

:laughing: Oh stop not even!

First up though, for those of you not on FB, here are some of the staycation pictures

The staycation looked pretty awesome! Nice way to explore the home state.

Gotta love a glow cube shaped like a death star!

That is pretty cool!

note. Handwash only!

Doesn't that drive you crazy? At this point, why would I want to buy a mug or glass if I can't put it in the dishwasher?

Gorgeous shot. Does Epcot ever look better than at the F&G Festival?

Sad to see your trip end, but it was last year, so I guess it's time. I'm just through Mary Ellen'a update and Cynthia'S staycation. Trying to catch up

Sounds like a great time in your area, Cynthia! We have friends from here who are coming your way next month for their aniversary. They have never been to the PNW!

Mary Ellen, nice job again on the paparazzi! I think the happy couple had their anniversary in WDW and are very happy! They were married in a magical place so the magic will nevervebd, right? I"m a dreamer what can I say?

Such a fun and yummy trip for you girls. I have to admit, if I were to skip a park, it might be Epcot. :crazy: I know but it is just not a can't miss for me. Now the mods will probably kick me off the DIS. :rotfl2:

I will be back to check out Cynthia'S (not sure why this tab is insistent in on the capital s) update Time to get ready for work.

Big fun that morning. I love your art hunt- even if you didn't find "just the right one", and DISMeets are always a great time. I'm always torn about taking time out to head back to the Pool. How much time would you say it takes to go back to the resort, change (2x), and shower, and then head back to a park?

I'd give it a minimum of 3 hours to be honest. An hour for travel each way and an hour for whatever you are doing back at the resort. That's not much for pool time if travel really takes an hour but assuming it does, and you can get ready (shower) in 30 minutes or less, then you get maybe 20 minutes at the pool. Which really means...allow 4 hours. :)

I couldn't see the pictures from your staycation, but I think I saw a lot of them on FB.

Arrgh, so maybe carousel isn't a great DIS option for posting pics. Bummer.

You really have to wait for a long time to get a front row seat at the parade.

Yeah...no thanks. LOL!

here was really cool stuff at Darth's Mall, I loved the "Her Universe" stuff. And those drinks were really good!

The drink was fabulous! I was surprised I didn't find more I wanted to buy at the Mall but there was some neat stuff for sure!

Nice job on the rides and PP pictures! Great that you got some pool time as well.

Me too! I love me some pool time :)
That's not a Moo Moo, way too form fitting and you look great. Moo Moo are for plus sized gals like me who want to hide that their waist almost rivals their bust! :rotfl2:

Ok, a maternity dress.

I think we might know where you're headed for dinner, but we'll all act surprised! :rotfl:

Yeah, no surprised when I'm so far behind and Mary Ellen has already meantime what we did.

What a fun afternoon. I'm still mad that we missed Darth's Mall and the parade. I can't believe I did that, major Dis fail on my part.

It's hard. There is always something that gets missed!

I'm loving the art mission, I'm seeing many beautuful things I normally never would.

Awww, thanks!

I can't aww the stay cation pictures either, I'll try again later.

Arrgh

un update Cynthia. Too much to comment on now, but I also can't see the pics from your staycation and I really want to.

double arrgh!

It sounds lovely!

Here too (in Hawaii) the locals (aka my co workers) are complaining to me about it!

Love the pictures from the Star Wars cavalcade! I really need to get there for a SWW one of these years. *sigh* I really wish I lived closer.

Ah but you live in a pretty amazing place!

How cool about the room and the view!!! But you absolutely MUST go to HS to see the fireworks, they're right behind the Chinese Theater and it feels like you're right underneath them. Mom and I both thought they were the most beautiful fireworks we'd ever seen.

I have to agree, there is something SO magical about being right under the fireworks there it's hard to describe. It's like you could touch them.

I can't see the staycation pics either, I'm sure they are awesome!

WAH!

The parade looks like fun, I hate waiting for a parade though. If you don't stake out a spot an hour before, forget it! :rolleyes:

Yep and no thanks!

Unless my kid is marching and then all bets are off and DO NOT STAND IN FRONT OF ME RIGHT BEFORE IT'S ABOUT TO START!

LOL!

I love that drink with the Death Star ice cube in it! You can order those online somewhere, I keep meaning to get one...

It's fun, I've pulled it out a few times to use
Seriously, the only reason I would deal with SWW is for Darth's Mall...it looks so amazing! :worship:

I am glad I went in!

Haha, I'm a WS junky too! I can't stay away!

WS junkies unite!

I need Wheezy!

Awww I love Wheezy!

But Wheezy wasn't the mission

:scared: Goo, that's as long as an attraction! Well, this is kind of like an attraction I suppose.

Amazingly it moved very quickly all things considered.

No one has time for that.

#noonehastimeforthat

@rentayenta

:)

I had missed your comment about Danielle and was going to post that she could pull all of these off :thumbsup2

Pretty sure she owns a few of those!

So pretty!

Isn't it?

:laughing: Oh stop not even!

Maternity dress then.

It's SO comfy but when I see it in pictures I can't stand it.

The staycation looked pretty awesome! Nice way to explore the home state.

Did you actually see the pictures in the post? It was a fabulous week.

Doesn't that drive you crazy? At this point, why would I want to buy a mug or glass if I can't put it in the dishwasher?

Exactly! Although here is an odd thing. I have an Aulani mug, didn't say it was or wasn't on the bottom. Print washed off/faded over time. I took it in when I was here last, maybe March? They gave me a replacement. I don't recall the new one saying DW safe but darned if I didn't look at the bottom of the mug yesterday and it said it was...

Hmmn.

Thought of you tonight. Having Hawaii Onion Chips....

Gorgeous shot. Does Epcot ever look better than at the F&G Festival?

It's pretty gorgeous at Christmas but F&G is amazing!

ad to see your trip end, but it was last year, so I guess it's time. I'm just through Mary Ellen'a update and Cynthia'S staycation. Trying to catch up

Sounds like a great time in your area, Cynthia! We have friends from here who are coming your way next month for their aniversary. They have never been to the PNW!

I hope they love it!

Such a fun and yummy trip for you girls. I have to admit, if I were to skip a park, it might be Epcot. :crazy: I know but it is just not a can't miss for me. Now the mods will probably kick me off the DIS. :rotfl2:

Nah, it's ok. Everyone has their top parks and their least favorites. It's ok.

Cynthia - Your staycation sounds nice. We live in the Chicago suburbs so when our daughters and their families visit from out of state we have a staycation, which is always fun.

In general I am not much of a parade person but I do love me some star wars! We had obviously not staked out a spots to taking pictures was challenging at best
Thanks for posting the pictures from star Wars weekend. If all goes to plan we will be taking our first ever June trip and will be there for one of the weekends. We are a family of Star Wars fans so it should be a lot of fun.

...we are here at the Boardwalk now. We have an awesome 2BR lock-off that has been refurbed. It's beautiful. The best part is we are on the 5th floor overlooking ToT which means that we had the most amazing view of the Frozen fireworks last night. I'm am sure I enjoyed it way more than if I had been in the part. It was amazing!

Your view sounds wonderful. We saw the Frozen fireworks last fall and I thought they were the best fireworks I've ever seen.

I would love to stay at the BWV, especially if I could get a nice view like that. We will be in WDW next weekend so I hope the heat and humidity don't melt us. :faint:

Your Parade pix are what I usually get peoples shoulders :rotfl2: But they were still good !! Got the idea IT WAS STAR WARS!!! Grat pix with Danielle and family!!!

Great add on's, Cynthia. Love the parade photos, your art hunt and especially your photopass pictures with some of our favorite DIS friends...Danielle, Mom and Popadon.

I am caught up now but forgot to quote along the way. :headache:

Cynthia- Great staycation and some beautiful scenery. So nice to play in your own backyard. I need to do more of that. :idea:

Since we left right before the SWW activities actually started we missed the parade, Darth Mall and all the other fun things about SWW except our meal at SCi- FI.

Love your art shopping and I know you eventually found something somewhere.

MaryEllen- Can't even remember if I commented on your last day update so if I did, sorry I am repeating things but I know you did pretty good in the DISmeet and picture department. Even though Cynthia left first you made the best of your waiting time at OKW and then at the airport.

Cynthia, love the update. So nice to read about both your experiences ..... and with that, I am all caught up after our little trip to Italy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter