Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

Oh Wow - I totally abandoned this TR. I didn't mean too, but...... Any ho....I am not normally one to abandon things and I really DO want to write about our anniversary trip so I am going to try to do replies. Time to go back and see where I left off.

Catching back up! Sad that the trip ended but you got a great Dismeet! Glad Kismet is doing so much better.

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill. And she continues to do really well at home. I'm so happy!

Well NO! The...........man............is.............wearing............stripes! for goodness sakes. :sad2:

Leave it to YOU to notice THAT!

Well since you are taking pictures........I would say YES! :rolleyes1

Darn straight! Love me some bride action!

Great to end with a DIS meet, and Spice Road is a great choice! :love:

It was a wonderful ending to a wonderful trip. So many great memories!
:banana:Finally! Something for the guys!!! :thumbsup2

I'm glad to see that someone got excited about those pictures.

Just WHAT is Rafiki looking at??? :eek:

Hmmmmmm - I have a few guesses but none of them are appropriate for the DIS boards!

Pretty much the worst ride ever............ :sad1:

Pretty much!

Thanks for sharing your trip, and making it feel like we were right there along with you! :D

You're welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Well, I'm trying hard not to.

Glad it was all done in the privacy of the vet's office. Wow. Just Wow!!!!

When you're a dad, dignity goes right out the window.

Truth!

Hey - Disney World = Bridapolooza! Just wait until the October pictures!

Good work!

It worked out perfect. I'm so glad we got to meet Pam and her mom. That was so fun!

::yes:: I know that feeling!:rotfl2:

I think a lot of us do!

I know that feeling too!

Worst feeling EVER!

So this story had a happy ending after all!

It sure did and another running reunion is in the works.

Nice update and wrapup MEK

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed!

REAL NICE update!! :thanks: :rolleyes1 :sad2:

Gotta keep you guys happy!

Looking forward to your final thoughts but really looking forward to another DISmeet in December! :thumbsup2

OMG!!!!!! So looking forward to December. August was fun but it was so hot and it really kept my park time to the bare minimum. I'm really looking forward to the nicer Florida weather, the Christmas decorations, and the great DIS meets planned. YAYAYAYAY!

I am so glad your kitty is doing better.

Thanks! It's such a relief that she is back to being happy and healthy.

I for one am happy to see you get picture happy when you know you are leaving in a few hours...love your pictures. Yay for a DIS meet before you left.

So glad you like my pics. I am SO far behind in editing pics. I am still working on editing from 11 months ago. :faint: Crazy!

It was awesome meeting Pam and her mom. What a perfect ending to a great trip.

Love all the pictures around OKW...I really do love that resort.

OKW is one of my favs, too. It's such a great resort. I can't imagine anyone not loving it.

I'm glad it was an uneventful flight home.

That's always a bonus, right?

Can't wait for the wrap-up.

I'm going to keep that to the minimum because I would like to write about last year's October trip.

I think I already know the answer, but we are not overlapping in October right? I think you are going earlier than us.

I'm not going in October this year. Our next trip is in December. I really wanted to go during the Christmas holidays this year, so I had to forgo an October trip. I love going during Halloween and F&W, but I am looking forward to December.

I'm so glad Kismet is ok, that's fantastic news!!! I've been having some scares lately with my 14 y.o. boy, but after starting him on glucosamine and pain meds he's doing a lot better.

Kismet is doing great. I changed her cat food and I give her laxatone for hairballs every few days and no more problems. She just can't eat dry food. It doesn't have enough water.

Yay for pain meds and glucosamine. I hear that can make a huge difference.

Your Olivia's breakfast looks scrumptious, glad you got there :)

I knew we would get there that trip - it was just a matter of when. I'm so glad we did. I love that place.

All your pictures are just beautiful.

Thank you!!!

It was so fun meeting you and Cynthia in the flesh. Mom and I were walking over the bridge and I saw the wedding, I said to mom, 'Mary Ellen is probably taking pictures somewhere around here' and there you were!

Everyone knows me so well. haha! Of course I was there. Where else would I be???

We need a redo picture though, I look sooooo heavy, when I see pictures of myself I can't believe I got that big. I'm nowhere near my goal, but I'm nowhere near that size anymore either.

Congrats to you for losing weight. I know first hand how difficult that is. I am on such a yo-yo. I lost weight at the beginning of the summer and gained it back despite quite a bit of exercise, so I need to get on the wagon again.

As far as a do-over, we definitely need a trip that overlaps again. Now that you aren't writing trip reports its hard for me to keep up with your travels.

We meant to get to that art store later in our trip but never managed it. Where did you hang your purchase? Too funny taking a picture of the do not take picture sign.

I have it in an upstairs bedroom - guest room - multi-purpose anything goes room....

I never even noticed that no picture sign until I was editing my pictures. I'm so used to taking pictures wherever I want in Disney. How embarrassing...really....

Your trip is coming up fast!!! If I don't talk to you before then I hope you have a most marvelous time!!!!!! and yeah for getting a 2BR for less than a value :cool1:

Thanks. We had a great time. It was a very nice family vacation, although the next time I agree to vacationing in Florida in August someone needs to talk some sense into me. I'm serious.

The first night stay worked out great. All the flights were shut down out of BWI for several hours that afternoon so we took off 3+ hours late. It would have been such a waste to pay Disney prices for that night. This worked out perfectly.

Last edited:

I just got all caught up! Jellyrolls looks really fun, I think since we're at the BW this year I'll have to stop in!

Hi, Mary Ellen (and Cynthia)! I'm working on catching up after a few months away. :eek:

I'd love to try Jellyrolls sometime - I'm a sucker for dueling pianos so it's really calling my name. Alas, I've always traveled with someone under 21, so I haven't had a chance to go yet. Someday!

I can understand skipping Animal Kingdom in favor of more Epcot, especially considering it was F&G time. I'd love to try Spice Road Table sometime - I'm a sucker for Mediterranean food (and wine flights!). :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! I hope you had a great time on your family trip in August, Mary Ellen! :goodvibes

Welcome bsck Mary Ellen! I am having trouble staying caught up and not doing well keeping my TR going, don't feel vad. Looking forward to your trip.

Sounds like a pretty awesome final morning at Hollywood Studios with some Star Wars fun, a couple of meets (including Danielle's clan and the hat), some shopping, some art appreciation (love the Tiki-Poly themed pictures) and...

And even better, fun drinks at the Brown Derby!

IMG_1415.jpg

Dark side for me please!

IMG_1416.jpg

I would have gone to the Dark Side, too!

:woohoo: on some pool time!

Such a pretty picture!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter