Oh, The Places We’ll Go! From the “stars” to the “sea”: Universal, SeaWorld & beyond - Spring 2016

Thanks for the reminder! Darth Feather and Jabba the Travelling Hut played well, but @JaxDad may indeed be the winner with Puff the Magic Wagon. Not yet official - it never really is. We throw a few at the wall and see what eventually sticks. DD was killing herself at the Puff reference. DS thought that we may have missed the reference to Justin's favorite pernicious substance (we didn't). He just stormed upstairs muttering "I can't handle you people" :)

Embarrassing my children; just one more service I offer...
hahahahaha... I too have embraced the fact that I embarrass my kids. My motto is "if you think I'm embarrassing now, I'm going to dance in front of your friends or wear a banana suit to pick you up from basketball... the possibilities are endless and I will win. They don't often test me lol. :teeth:

Yay! Another Gina TR! Joining in!

We love to go to TCF for dessert! Everyone once in a while, we'll eat a full meal, but DH and I love cheesecake so that is usually what we do.

Looking forward to read more!

hahahahaha... I too have embraced the fact that I embarrass my kids. My motto is "if you think I'm embarrassing now, I'm going to dance in front of your friends or wear a banana suit to pick you up from basketball... the possibilities are endless and I will win. They don't often test me lol. :teeth:
Full disclosure, I didn't invent the quote, I just drive around with it all the time...

Wow.....so many new readers and replies! You guys ROCK! :banana: I am so glad to have each and every one of you following along, and I will be back to address each of your comments personally....but first, an update so you're not bored to tears (but who am I kidding? With the 'regulars' that hang out here, its impossible to be bored :rotfl:).

Saturday, April 23rd….continued:

So, the guys were way more excited about this meal than the above picture shows, LOL! I have no idea why they had their pouts on….maybe because Mom was taking pictures of them in the middle of the mall? :rolleyes1 (Yeah, I know.....probably not cool!) At any rate, we were all pretty jazzed to be experimenting with a new-to-us restaurant....despite what their expressions suggest! :hyper:

We were pretty relieved, when we walked up to the restaurant, that there wasn’t 200 people in a long line snaking out the door like there was on our previous attempt to dine there. There were people waiting, of course, but not hoards of them this time. We checked in at the podium and they told us we were looking at a 30 minute wait……very manageable (and what we expected….that is one of the reasons we opted to go a little earlier in the evening). They handed us a pager and we walked back outside to wait. Within about 15 minutes…..much sooner than the promised half hour :thumbsup2….our pager was vibrating and flashing and we were ushered to our table.

The interior of this restaurant was MUCH prettier than it is in the Big Bang Theory episodes……casual, yes, but rather elegant at the same time. The ceiling was particularly ornate (and nice and high), so while the room was full of hungry patrons, it didn’t seem crowded or unbearably noisy.

Since we were all pretty hungry after our long drive (the ritualistic box of Road Trip Timbits had long, LONG since worn off) we were happy to begin the arduous task of reviewing the bazillion entrée and appetizer options on the most extensive menu we have ever seen :eek:.

Oh, that menu. OMG! :scared1: I have no idea how the cooks and servers keep that massive list of options straight :confused:. It was going to take some time to figure out what we wanted to eat, so we opted to order some appetizers to share before picking our entrees. Our server was very patient, and I’m guessing we weren’t the first to be overwhelmed by the pages and pages of choices :blush:.

Our appies were pretty quick to come out . We ordered three to share between our trio. First up were loaded potato tots and crispy fried cheese:

The parmesan-garlic cheese bread followed shortly thereafter:

Let me tell you…..first impressions were excellent ::yes::. The loaded potato tots were completely different than I expected, but sooooo tasty…..and HOT! So HOT! The fried cheese was equally pleasing, and Jake (our family's fried cheese connoisseur) gave them high marks. In fact, they disappeared fast enough that there wasn’t even any stretching prior to being eaten :rolleyes:.

The parmesan garlic cheese bread was also delish, and came with some very incredible house made marinara for dipping…..it was really, REALLY good. I seriously could have dipped everything I ate that night in that sauce and been quite content to do so :p.

My only complaint with the bread was that apparently the meal should have come….at the beginning….with a basket of bread on the table. Unfortunately for us, it was neither offered nor delivered until after our appetizers had bit the dust (and our initial hunger paints mostly satiated)….so our basket, when it did eventually get dropped off, went mostly untouched. Knowing what we know now, we probably wouldn’t have ordered the parmesan-garlic bread when the fresh bread basket was provided complimentary….however, it was no biggie. Who are we to complain about copious amounts of delicious food? :rotfl2:

We had eventually given our entrée selections to our server, but I'm not going to lie......it was painful making those final choices (First World Problems, right?). Knowing that we wanted to have room enough for dessert….and that we had just indulged in a big selection of appetizers to start the meal…..we opted for sandwiches and their signature “glam”-burgers versus the heavier-sounding pasta dishes and meat & potatoes platters.

Well, we thought we made lighter selections :scratchin. Apparently not!! LOL

Jake had decided to go with some sort of a cheeseburger (I can’t find my full receipt for this meal, so I’m not sure which specific burger he picked) but it was HUGE! The pictures really don’t do the size our meals fair justice. You’ll just have to go with me on this one, but even my burger-lovin’ boy was taken aback by the sheer circumference of the bun and patty.

Steve, not surprisingly, chose the “Bacon-Bacon Cheeseburger” …. because in my big guy’s book, everything tastes better with bacon on top. The more, the merrier.

Not the best picture, but there was a LOT of bacon on this burger. A LOT :eek:. Steve was a happy boy.

My selection was the chicken parmesan sandwich, and I was happy to see it came with its own portion of their fabulous marinara (though it was slightly different in taste and texture than the sauce that came with the garlic bread):

Warning: objects in the photos are large than they appear :laughing:. Especially in the case of my entree, I could have easily shared it with a friend!!

My chicken parm sandwhich had to have weighted a pound and a half…..no lie. A pound of that weight was chicken alone. The fact that the portions were enormous did not result in any kind of compromise to the taste or quality, either……everything tasted amazing even though we came nowhere near finishing our plates. They guys managed to clean up every last crumb of their burgers but the fries were too much for either one of 'em. I barely….and I mean JUST barely…..made it through half my chicken parm before my stomach started to protest at the quantity. Jake and Steve each took a bite to taste test the sandwich, but even they weren’t capable of helping me finish it off. Next time, no appetizers….just the bread basket!! :crazy2:

While there was no way we could have eaten dessert after that massive feast, it seemed almost sacrilegious to NOT enjoy something sweet from their signature line up of heavenly creations …. this was a restaurant famous for its cheesecake, after all. After some consideration, we opted to order a slice of cheesecake (for Steve) and a slice of chocolate cake (for Jake and I to share) in to-go boxes to enjoy back at the hotel later that night. Ya'll know that I have a cream cheese phobia....and oddity which my boy shares with his momma.....so Steve would be enjoying his snack all by his lonesome :teeth:. With a little luck, a soak in the hot tub….and an hour or two to let things “settle” …. would be just what our bloated bellies needed, and we could fully enjoy our desserts before we packed it in for the evening. After explaining our dilemma to our very understanding server (yep, I am sure she's heard that story more than once....OMG, I'm too full for dessert!), she was back in a flash with a ridiculously large bag in tow (we are SUCH gluttons) and we began the arduous process of rolling ourselves out the door. Our bill, including the to-go desserts and tax, came to $85.70 plus tip.

We milled about the mall for a bit, figuring it would be a good way to mitigate the uncomfortable fullness in our bellies. I was thankful for the escalators in Dick’s Sporting Goods because I don’t think I was capable of navigating that amount of stairs for the next several hours :rolleyes2. Let’s just say that if we were trying to pace ourselves where our dietary indulgences were concerned, we failed miserably on night #1 !! By unanimous family vote, the Cheesecake Factory was declared a win……and we had yet to partake of the really, REALLY good stuff (the cake!).

Eventually, we meandered back to the parking lot and headed back to the Days. The balance of our Saturday night….and the early morning that followed….is up next.

Yay, finally time to read about this fab trip! I knew you'd make us wait on the Dolphin Tales! lol So far so good at Days Inn! Hope it continues!

:welcome: Frances!! I am so glad you are here!

I see you have a PTR started for your upcoming trip.....I have to pop over there and join in the fun (once I get caught up here, LOL! We sure are a fun group of chatter boxes!).

Yay, I am so glad you started your report! I am especially interested in your expert review of the character breakfast at Cafe La Bamba. We are taking the kids there in early June and there is very little good information about it since it changed to buffet style. (Plus i neeed to hear the dolphin story.... and make sure my 8 year old never learns that there are dolphin lovies that big lest she feel she needs one!)

:welcome: aboard! We loved, loved, LOVED the Superstar breakfast.....seriously, it was ah-mazing! But it was toward the end of our vacation, and I may not get to that point before your June trip (I am kind of slow on these reports sometimes.....LOL, I talk too much obviously!) so if you want to PM me for more info, feel free :goodvibes.

I'm here! I only found your PTR around the time you left. I read through it quickly and couldn't wait for the TR. So excited to read more!

:welcome: I will try to keep the updates comin'!

Woohoo! Found your TR!! Off to a good start, it looks like :yay:

:thanks: We definitely kicked things off on a high note!

Sounds like a smooth start to the trip, I just hope that the hotel is ok! My only knowledge of The Cheesecake Factory is from The Big Bang Theory so I'm looking forward to finding out what a real life one is like.

I was actually surprised....the 'real' Cheesecake Factory was MUCH nicer than the one on Big Bang. How often does reality surpass what you see on TV? This most certainly had to be a first. Our server was also much better than Penny, LOL!

You did get a 50ish minute jump on me and sometimes I actually have to work.

I will let you off the hook...this time ;).

I am so excited you started your trip report. I have been waiting patiently (NOT!) for you to begin. Your reports are the best ever.

You know that I'm just tickled pink to have YOU reading along :teeth:. Welcome aboard!

I'm so glad you started your report Gina, I could almost hear the impatient sighs emanating from the Disboards!! :cheer2::cheer2:

I am glad to finally have it started. I was getting the trip report itch! (@dancin Disney style ... leave that one alone :crazy:)

Something stronger is most definitely required and much more appropriate.

Would it make a difference if I added a straw? :confused3

I'm here!!! Can't wait to read along. I can't believe our trips are over already!
We tried the Cheesecake factory on this trip too, but we went to the Orlando location. It was really good.

Glad to see the report up and running.. I'll happily join in with the usual cast and crew to pass the time until October trips and create a small ruckus. Dancin' is here.. I expect a ruckus.:smooth:

:welcome:, my friend. I will need your help in keeping the rowdies under control. Are you willing to volunteer?

Will try to live up to your expectations....try really hard :stir:

Heaven help us all.

OMG......what took you so long to try Cheesecake Factory.We tried it 3 years ago on our December trip and loved it! Last summer we went as well while in New Jersey.It's a must eat place for us now each time we travel to the states.Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

In our defense, we did make an attempt earlier this past year. It's a popular place!! :eek: We were so happy there was a reasonable wait this time.....it won't be so long before we are back for a second round, that I can assure you!

Since I have a Cheesecake Factory restaurant 10 minutes from my house, we never eat there. Only thing we thought was too expensive for just okay food. The desserts, yes, but we get just as good cheesecake from an Italian bakery that costs less.

Nice start to the report, and glad you NY hotel stayed quiet for ya.

The prices were quite reasonable in comparison to what we pay here at home for similar meals. The exchange rate, however.....blech! :headache:

For the past week my very first stop on the disboards has been here hoping, hoping.......and today I see a new TR!:flower1::dogdance::yay: Cannot wait to read about your new adventures. Write on Gina, write on!:thanks:

Wow, that made me blush! :o Thank you, and :welcome:!

I head to work for a couple of hours, and you're almost onto page 3 already! Love it!

I'm so excited to follow your report. I'm really hoping to talk DH into a FL trip one of these days, and being not centred on Disney will be huge to get him to agree. I await all the SeaWorld bits with excitement!

SeaWorld was our first full day in Orlando, so you won't have to wait too terribly long for that entry. I have so many pictures its crazy!!

I feel like I've been stalking you, waiting on the new trip report :) I've learned so much from you past reports, I can't wait to see what tips I can add to our plan before leaving in 18 days!

:welcome: gsikes. Lucky you, leaving in 18 days!! I am jealous! :teeth:

YAY! Excited to read along. Anxiously waiting for you reviews of Dine with Shamu and the backstage tour as we are still debating those two things. I'm hoping you get to those parts before September. ;)

:welcome: Shannon!! I will do my best to keep the updates flowing. If I am still reporting on this trip come September, someone shoot me. Or tape my mouth closed. That would mean I'm going WAY overboard on the details in the updates :rotfl2:.

Yay, you've started your trip report! I'm here for the duration, and so looking forward to it, even though we leave for our own Orlando vacation next Friday. I know what I'll be doing every evening during our trip.....

I know a little of what's to come, thanks to Facebook, but my lips are sealed--nope, no one will drag anything out of me!

Only one week for you......holy smokes!! You will have to drop in and say hi when you get a free moment....we need live updates from our favourite city! :goodvibes

I'm here!!! Can't wait to hear about your whole trip.

It's nice you had such a smooth trip down. I'm always willing to pay a little extra for an easier trip!

My morning Tim Hortons coffee is definitely something I miss when I'm in Orlando too!!

It's great that things started out nicely at the hotel this time, hopefully it stays relaxing. Can't wait to see what you guys got from Cheesecake Factory!! I'm a creature of habit, I ALWAYS get the Chicken Marsala, and Tiramisu cheesecake for dessert.. SO GOOD!

:welcome: Tori! Any lover of Tim Hortons is always welcome here :teeth:.

I'm going to have to go to Tim Hortons at least once on the next 20 trips. I seriously have that many different entrees that I want to try!

Oh wow Gina! You gave Day's another try!
Maybe we'll try again one day too. :rolleyes:

Not to give to much away yet, but this stay was a happy surprise.

:welcome: aboard, by the way!

I've been checking in daily for this!! So happy to see you started your trip report today!

We love The Cheesecake Factory. I usually get the turkey burger smothered in onions with a side salad then a big slice of key lime cheesecake. Delish!

I've got a Diet Coke with lime now I'm ready for the report!
Mare

:welcome: Mare! So happy to have you along!

But tell me that's a Coke Zero you are drinking, and not Diet Coke......then I'll join you in a toast :drinking1.

We were in Orlando during the same time you were for a weekend visit to Sea World! Can't wait to read about your trip there!

Too bad we didn't get a chance to run into each other!! Next time ;).

I don't comment but but love reading your trip reports. They are pretty much the only US/IOA one's I read and have been helpful for our Nov trip. Your reports is also why we will most likely have lunch at Sweet Tomatoes when we uber to Target since they are in the same parking lot. Despite running in my first disney event, going to my first MVMCP, spending 4 other days in the parks and 2 at US/IOA, I'm most looking forward to buying a new pair of Minions slippers at US to replace the one's I got 2 years ago :)

LOL.....so happy to have another minion fan joining in.

I have the slippers, too....and three different minion night shirts. Yup, I'm THAT weird :laughing:.

Thanks for the reminder! Darth Feather and Jabba the Travelling Hut played well, but @JaxDad may indeed be the winner with Puff the Magic Wagon. Not yet official - it never really is. We throw a few at the wall and see what eventually sticks. DD was killing herself at the Puff reference. DS thought that we may have missed the reference to Justin's favorite pernicious substance (we didn't). He just stormed upstairs muttering "I can't handle you people" :)

Embarrassing my children; just one more service I offer...

YES!! Puff the Magic Wagon was my favourite of all them!! :banana:

You know, I liked the suggestion about wearing it as a costume, but then it hit me. Gina stuffed it up under a big stretchy shirt and then demanded on boarding that the pilot get her home "before I deliver this baby right here on the plane..." :D What do you think? Would it work? Could you even get pre-boarding privilege?

They'd never believe it....I am WAY too old to fake a pregnancy :crazy2:. But God bless ya for not noticing my rapid approach to middle age.

The anticipation is over, the TR has finally begun and two in one day :jumping3: So excited to read all about it ! So about just dropping some hints throughout about the dolphin. I don't think we can wait allllll the way till the end :confused3

:welcome:, my friend!

I will have to see if I can come up with a hint or two about the dolphin that isn't too revealing........leave that with me and I will see what I can do.

I can't wait to hear about your trip, I was following along for most of the PTR. We also went on a "once in a lifetime" trip to Orlando just last year, and now we're planning 2 more :rolleyes1 I can totally see how that could become 10, I'm already planning for next year. We're also lucky to have a Cheesecake Factory nearby. My sister and I love the red velvet, but last time we came home with 3 other pieces. :rolleyes:

:welcome: Raeven! Glad to have you with us!

Orlando is a rather addicting city, isn't it? I'm not sure if its become a sickness or an obsession where I am concerned. Probably a little of both! :rotfl2:

Lurking for years here so time to pop in and say I am looking forward to your TR. We have travelled to Orlando three times now due to the trip reports that opened my eyes to the fun waiting to be had in Orlando.

:welcome: aboard! So happy you have come out of lurkdom to join in the chatter. Don't be shy, feel free to join in more often!! (we are all mostly a harmless bunch....well, except for @dancin Disney style ... and sometimes @bankr63 :laughing:)

bwhahahaha That would be hilarious! I showed the pic to my husband because I think he thought I was joking about the size of it :p he's like wow that was HUGE! I am still thinking they gave it up LOL

We should open the floor to guesses! Anyone else want to factor in??

I made it! I love the first travel days on a TR! So far so good at the Days. Maybe it will be referred to as "Days Delight" from now on..

Now, wouldn't that be a nice change!!! (Glad to have you over here, by the way!! :goodvibes )
Off to a great start so far...can't wait to read more! :yay:

:welcome:, kittylady1972! Glad you could join us!

Can't believe you guys are Cheesecake Factory virgins! I always joke that if I could on eat at 1 restaurant for the rest of my life I'd pick Cheesecake because the options are endless!

I detest cream cheese, but my husband was drooling on the menu. Cheesecake is his downfall. Well, that and steak :rotfl:.

Looking forward to another great trip report, Gina. With a family of six, our vacations are few and far between, so these reports always makes me feel like I was there. Thanks

Aw, thank you!! :welcome: aboard!

You are a lucky lady to have such a large family. Truly blessed, indeed :goodvibes.

Wow Gina! I take one day off from the boards to work on DS's school project and I miss the start, a second post, and 3 pages of replies! :eek: Following and reading along!

:welcome: Kivara! I hear you, these threads can move FAST!!! But wow, what a fun start we are off to (and how nice to know I'm not just talking to myself as I type away, LOL!)

Too true. We went for the first time on our trip last week. That menu is HUGE. I'm terrible if I am really hungry and have too many options. I narrowed it down to three things and had dh choose for me. The carbonara was AWESOME and so big that I had another full meal from my leftovers the next day for lunch.

I am glad I was not the only one who was overwhelmed with that menu. Oye vey! :crazy2:

Is it wrong of me to hope that a video of that event ends up on youtube? :rolleyes1

Yay! Another Gina TR! Joining in!

We love to go to TCF for dessert! Everyone once in a while, we'll eat a full meal, but DH and I love cheesecake so that is usually what we do.

Looking forward to read more!

Thank you pigletgirl! :welcome: to the thread!

Full disclosure, I didn't invent the quote, I just drive around with it all the time...

LOL, I love it!! :thumbsup2

Wow I'm one day late and four pages behind already! :scared: Glad to have caught up, Gina! Can't wait to read about the rest of the adventure!!!

Thanks Melinda! So happy to have you joining in!! More to come, for sure :goodvibes.

Just found your last trip report yesterday and up to date an then found this one, yay! I tend to stay away from the boards when it's too long till my next visit. Was there in August and back on 7th August for 22 nights so ok to start planning properly now. Have two other holidays before Orlando so it's going to be a great summer. Glad you loved Cheesecake Factory. It's our joint favourite restaurant along with Longhorns, glad it's not closer as we would be eating there every night. I just wish they had CF in London, I can't believe they don't.
Looking forward to what you thought of St Petes, we stayed at Tradewinds in 2014, loved the beach but it was just too hot, would love to go back when it's cooler.

Cheesecake factory is so good! I've eaten there twice, since there is one down the street. (I have one mall to the right a mile and another to the left a mile).
Now I'm hungry for it!

Hi Gina! I missed most of your PTR ( :( ) but am so glad to see you starting another trip report! :) I'm also glad you finally go to Cheesecake Factory. It's one of my favorite restaurants. I cringed when I saw you ordered appetizers, knowing how big the portions are, and wish I could have warned you! :rotfl2:Looking forward to reading more!

OMG, Cheesecake Factory looks amazing. So glad you all enjoyed your meals, what a way to start a vacation. Those entrees look huge and not expensive at all for what you got (at least not before our lousy exchange rate:scared:) Now you have me re-arranging our arrival day dinner for our 20th anniversary trip to Hawaii in July. CF in Waikiki sounds great to me and it would be a first for the family.....off to check their menus to attempt to at least narrow it down.

That's funny Dancin'. I have a soccer ball and local college logo magnets on the back of my car. Teen DD says having them on the car makes it look ugly. Right. I won't take them off, and they even stay on through the car wash. Kids. Wait another year, and I'll tell her that's her car, magnets stay with it.

Ha! That bacon burger is a beloved treat in this house! Too funny.

Just think, that was good "tummy exercise" for the trip! ;)

Just wanted to add, that we were in Florida the same time frame. We were in the Melbourne area (cocoa beach) for a week, with a side trip down to just south of Boca Raton. Beautiful area! We had awesome weather, cannot complain!

We have a Cheesecake Factory close by. Their entrée's are ENORMOUS. We've gotten in the habit of just going in and getting dessert to go. This is normally called "picking up precious cargo".

Amen to that!! A very, VERY fitting description!! :teeth:

:sad: say it ain't so! I will cut Jake a break on this occasion though since I can only imagine how hungry you guys were by that hour! Looks delicious.

I know, I know!! Toward the end of the trip, I told him how disappointed I was that we were lacking our cheese stretching pics. What a letdown for my faithful readers! It sucks when your kids finally start to grow up and use their manners in restaurants :rotfl2:.

Just found your last trip report yesterday and up to date an then found this one, yay! I tend to stay away from the boards when it's too long till my next visit. Was there in August and back on 7th August for 22 nights so ok to start planning properly now. Have two other holidays before Orlando so it's going to be a great summer. Glad you loved Cheesecake Factory. It's our joint favourite restaurant along with Longhorns, glad it's not closer as we would be eating there every night. I just wish they had CF in London, I can't believe they don't.
Looking forward to what you thought of St Petes, we stayed at Tradewinds in 2014, loved the beach but it was just too hot, would love to go back when it's cooler.

:welcome:, my friend! So happy to have you join us!!

22 nights sounds nothing short of heavenly.....I totally want to have one of those long, marvelous vacations someday :cloud9:. I bet you are anxiously counting down the days!! (I know I would be, LOL!)

We loved St. Petersburg:love:..... Steve was quite smitten indeed. I can't wait to share my photos from our day there.

Cheesecake factory is so good! I've eaten there twice, since there is one down the street. (I have one mall to the right a mile and another to the left a mile).
Now I'm hungry for it!

Me too, LOL! I just negotiated dinner out with Steve :teeth:. We are using the fact that our kitchen is under renos as the excuse....but really....it was the Cheesecake Factory pics that have kicked my appetite into high gear :rotfl:.

Hi Gina! I missed most of your PTR ( :( ) but am so glad to see you starting another trip report! :) I'm also glad you finally go to Cheesecake Factory. It's one of my favorite restaurants. I cringed when I saw you ordered appetizers, knowing how big the portions are, and wish I could have warned you! :rotfl2:Looking forward to reading more!

Hey there, long time no speak!! :goodvibes Glad to have you back and chipping in with your awesome input :thumbsup2.

Of course, you're a little late with the Cheesecake Factory warnings ;). This is twice that we erred with the appetizer ordering.....the other was Giordano's a few years back. Apparently it takes a few times for us to learn our lessons, LOL! Those American portions are incredibly huge sometimes!

OMG, Cheesecake Factory looks amazing. So glad you all enjoyed your meals, what a way to start a vacation. Those entrees look huge and not expensive at all for what you got (at least not before our lousy exchange rate:scared:) Now you have me re-arranging our arrival day dinner for our 20th anniversary trip to Hawaii in July. CF in Waikiki sounds great to me and it would be a first for the family.....off to check their menus to attempt to at least narrow it down.

I think you would really love it!! Comfortable but still classy....and I think perfect for an anniversary celebration (especially with the massive options for dessert....perfect for a special occasion :goodvibes). Definitely short-list the menu before you go....you will be glad you did. Its crazy long!

That chicken Parmesan sandwich looked amazing - I'll happily come and share with you next time.

Absolutely :thumbsup2. With a family of three, we always have an extra place at the table!!

I think we are twins separated at birth
View attachment 167808

Well, that explains a lot :rolleyes1.

That's funny Dancin'. I have a soccer ball and local college logo magnets on the back of my car. Teen DD says having them on the car makes it look ugly. Right. I won't take them off, and they even stay on through the car wash. Kids. Wait another year, and I'll tell her that's her car, magnets stay with it.

My car is feeling very naked in comparison. Time to order some minion magnets and window clings, I think! :scratchin

Ha! That bacon burger is a beloved treat in this house! Too funny.

Just think, that was good "tummy exercise" for the trip! ;)

Just wanted to add, that we were in Florida the same time frame. We were in the Melbourne area (cocoa beach) for a week, with a side trip down to just south of Boca Raton. Beautiful area! We had awesome weather, cannot complain!

The weather was beyond anything I could have hoped for. We keep saying that one of our trips, we're going to get a wash-out and it will rain every day. I am a bit worried about our two weeks in October.....the law of averages may just catch up with us :eek:.

Saturday, April 23rd….continued:

So, the guys were way more excited about this meal than the above picture shows, LOL! I have no idea why they had their pouts on….maybe because Mom was taking pictures of them in the middle of the mall? :rolleyes1 (Yeah, I know.....probably not cool!) At any rate, we were all pretty jazzed to be experimenting with a new-to-us restaurant....despite what their expressions suggest! :hyper:
Not excited? That looks like a spoon already clenched in Jake's hand? And you're not even in the restaurant yet?

My only complaint with the bread was that apparently the meal should have come….at the beginning….with a basket of bread on the table. Unfortunately for us, it was neither offered nor delivered until after our appetizers had bit the dust (and our initial hunger paints mostly satiated)….so our basket, when it did eventually get dropped off, went mostly untouched. Knowing what we know now, we probably wouldn’t have ordered the parmesan-garlic bread when the fresh bread basket was provided complimentary….however, it was no biggie. Who are we to complain about copious amounts of delicious food? :rotfl2:

OMG - they have the squaw bread!!! I guess that name's probably not very PC anymore, but it's the only thing I know to call it. The dark brown sourdough bread. I used to look forward to trips out to LA because I never see it here in the east. Haven't had it in years - last time I was out there was about 18-20 years ago. Come to think of it, LA was the first place I went to a CCF, but many restaurants out there served it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter