• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Ohana Bread Pudding Portion Reduction

Yes! I would join that. And I don't even like the bread pudding. That's just a crabby, lazy server. And if escalated to a manager extra bread pudding would appear.
You don't like the bread pudding? I would be clicking the "unlike" button right now if there was one. :)

Agree that the previous portions had a TON of waste. I'm sure if anyone who is reading this goes into 'Ohana forewarned and says "I've been saving room for dessert, can you bring me a double?" you'd get accommodated. But I can only ever manage a few bites and was one of the big wasters. I'm glad to see they are cutting that back. I ordered a portion the tambu lounge and it lasted us 3 nights after that and still couldn't finish it!

Questions about ordering at the lounge:

Did you order the dessert with drinks or order just the dessert?
Was it served “to go” style or on dinnerware? If on real plates, any hassles getting a box for leftovers?

We are not going to have a meal at ‘Ohana but I really want dessert!

Thanks!

I actually prefer a smaller serving since we can request seconds. I think more waste must happen from the crazy protein portions than the bread pudding though.

Was it served “to go” style or on dinnerware? If on real plates, any hassles getting a box for leftovers?

Thanks!

Not the person you quoted but I have ordered the bread pudding at Tambu. I didn't have drinks, just the bread pudding. There were two of us and it was served on dinnerware, actually on a plate. The portion was definitely large enough for the two of us but we didn't have leftovers. We couldn't get an ADR to Ohana so this worked well for us.

There were two cast members sharing a dessert next to us and we sat at the bar. We were there early - between 5 and 6pm.

Thanks!

There is a picture and review in my dining review below but basically we got a huge portion on a plate with actual dinnerware and two glasses of ice water. It was $6, and we didn't make a huge dent in it.... I did ask for it to go, they do not have to go containers there so the waitress hesitated a second but tracked one down. Pretty sure it was a sushi container. I put the bread pudding in and the ice cream to the side and we stayed in a villa, I put some on a plate and microwaved until warm and then spooned melted ice cream over it. It was still just as good the subsequent two nights we ate it :)

I ended up leaving a $3 tip because it felt like she went a little above and beyond tracking down the container and it seemed chintzy to tip 20% on such a low amount.

We've actually been denied second servings before. I can't remember which trip, but we were a party of 9 that time...asked for an extra portion for the table and were told the bread pudding is not AYCTE.

Oh H-E-Double Hockey Sticks - No!
Are you serious? No way.

I save room during dinner to eat that dessert!

There is a picture and review in my dining review below but basically we got a huge portion on a plate with actual dinnerware and two glasses of ice water. It was $6, and we didn't make a huge dent in it.... I did ask for it to go, they do not have to go containers there so the waitress hesitated a second but tracked one down. Pretty sure it was a sushi container. I put the bread pudding in and the ice cream to the side and we stayed in a villa, I put some on a plate and microwaved until warm and then spooned melted ice cream over it. It was still just as good the subsequent two nights we ate it :)

I ended up leaving a $3 tip because it felt like she went a little above and beyond tracking down the container and it seemed chintzy to tip 20% on such a low amount.

Thank you! Did you order at the bar or is there waitstaff in the area?

Just want to make sure I know proper procedure to make this dessert happen!

ps. Thanks for the Garden Grill review in your dining thread! Another new to us dining adventure that you were able to provide info on!

I have never had bread pudding before. Everyone is crazy about this dessert. Could someone describe it to me?

I have never had bread pudding before. Everyone is crazy about this dessert. Could someone describe it to me?

It is made with the bread that they serve with dinner. It has coconut and pineapple flavors baked into it. The bread is soaked in custard and baked.

This warm, eggy bread pudding is topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with a hot bananas foster sauce. The foster sauce is made with rum and brown sugar.

IMO, the contrasting textures and temperatures of the three components are what make it so special—warm bread, frozen ice cream and hot sauce.

It is made with the bread that they serve with dinner. It has coconut and pineapple flavors baked into it. The bread is soaked in custard and baked.

This warm, eggy bread pudding is topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with a hot bananas foster sauce. The foster sauce is made with rum and brown sugar.

IMO, the contrasting textures and temperatures of the three components are what make it so special—warm bread, frozen ice cream and hot sauce.
Wow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter