• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OHANA Opens 7/9 - AWAITING REVIEWS :|

CuteAsMinnie

DIS Veteran
Is anybody else very very nervous to how the dining reviews are going to come in for the “new Ohana experience??” 😰

Having not seen any positive thoughts about the new menu, we are wondering how this will
go.

Last edited:
I am waiting anxiously to hear how well $55 per person kielbasa and casserole goes over with the dinner crowd and whether they felt the value is worth the price.

I think tradition and nostalgia have blinded some people from seeing that this is not the same Ohana that they loved.

I also can't wait to read the reviews. And see the already infamous shrimp casserole.

I think tradition and nostalgia have blinded some people from seeing that this is not the same Ohana that they loved.

I also can't wait to read the reviews. And see the already infamous shrimp casserole.
I think tradition and nostalgia have blinded some people from accepting change. Personally, though, I felt the old menu was just as unappealing as the new menu.

It seems like people have already made up their minds, so not sure if there should be much anticipation for reviews.

Agreed. I have no dog in the fight as I was never that enthralled by meat on a stick anyway, but I suspect that it COULD end up being amazing, but we'll never hear it because people have been so vocal about "It's gonna be awful" they won't want to admit that they were wrong.

It seems like people have already made up their minds, so not sure if there should be much anticipation for reviews.

I also admit I don't understand being "very very nervous" – it's just a restaurant. There are plenty of them at Disney World to eat at.
To each.

We went to 'Ohana once every trip before we moved down here for good.
Since we've lived here, it was our restaurant for birthdays and anniversaries.
We went because we liked it and knew what to expect. I don't know that people have already "made up their mind not to like it", but if it isn't what it was we can go try someplace else without the 30 minute drive and Disney prices. My wife's favorite was always the big shrimp. We can get shrimp casserole made by Stouffers from Publix.
That about covers 'Ohana....
We'll go back to Trails End again when the buffet returns and has fried chicken and the peel and eat shrimp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter