• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana or Jiko?!

In terms of food and a dining experience not based on entertainment and fun, Jiko blows Ohana out of the water.

Ohana for a fun, Disney-vibe entertainment experience with decent AYCE food.

Jiko for a quality restaurant experience with excellent food.

Totally depends on what you're in the mood for. I like quiet, excellent service so even if ohana was my thing, I'd still go for Jiko's unless I was with someone who really wanted ohana. (But I don't like buffets. Disney ones are edible but I've never been to one I'd do again).

The food at Jiko is infinitely better than that of 'Ohana! We have dined at both many times. Jiko is a beautiful restaurant, as well. After your day at DAK, catch the bus to AKL. Freshen up a bit in the restroom and have your meal at Jiko.

I would do Ohana as you are right there at GF. It is nice to just walk over to Ohana and not be stressed about time and how long it will take you to get to JIKO. More time at the pool!

JIKO food is really good but it lacks ambiance imho. The AKL is amazing but the restaurant is ho hum. I would eat at JIKO again but not over Ohana. Love the food, view and ambiance of OHANA!

If you go to 'Ohana, better be in the mood for busy, hectic, loud! We waited forever, everyone working there and in the bar appeared overworked and stressed to the max. And unless you're by the windows then you'll be seated in the middle of the craziness (or by the bathrooms, like we were). The food was pretty good (I'm not picky) but it was hard to enjoy amidst the chaos. 'Ohana dinner was one of 2 meals that I would call disappointing (the other was Akershus, but it has no where near the hype).

Never been to Jiko, but I thought Tusker House had 100x better food as compared to 'Ohana.

They are totally different. The food is higher quality at Jiko and you pay extra for it. If you are big eaters then 'Ohana wins especially if you like bread pudding. :) For convenience then 'Ohana hands down.

Omg Jiko hands down. That was our "night out" dinner and it was easily one of the best meals nice ever had at Disney, and I've been to most signatures. Worth the uber or Minnie Van service.

Jiko, you couldn't pay me to eat at 'Ohana again, I strongly disliked the food, service, and atmosphere, and I love pretty much everything about Jiko.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter