Ohana terrible experience

disneyfam1986

Mouseketeer
So l will start off by saying in 2019 I ate here and it was my favorite restaurant. I could not wait to go back. Of course it was closed in 2020 when I went but I was so excited when it reopened and we could dine again this year.
Our waiter never really introduced himself. We didn’t quite know exactly which one was our waiter. We waited awhile for bread and salad. The bread was a little hard. The chicken wings were ok but the noodles and pot stickers were cold and flavorless. The chicken was ok. The beef and shrimp was nothing like it was when presented on skewers. We were ready to leave when the dessert came.
I can honestly say after this experience we may never be back.
we also dinned at Chef Mickeys this time and in my mind it has now passed Ohana. Which is sad bc again in 2019 Ohana was my favorite and Chef Mickeys was a Mac and cheese bar with cute characters…

Perhaps you could write Disney Guest services now and provide your feedback. If enough folks provide negative feedback, Disney MIGHT listen and adjust course.

The whole theme of O'Hana is family and the servers for the most part are just terrible, why is that?

We gave Ohana a try last week. We have dined here over the years for both dinner and breakfast. Over recent years, we select breakfast which always, for us, we left happy. Dinner on the other hand is a challenge for Disney. Servers are fine, but as Disneyfam1986 referenced "cousin," appears to be back when things were done more aligned to our satisfaction. Dinner our servers were fine. The food was mixed. Do not care for skillets as their just severing dishes that are shaped like a skillet. Prefer the simulated wood bowls...more fitting for Polynesian theme. Best skillet was the noodle, pot stickers and chicken wings. Beef skillet pieces were all well done that could not be cut with the knife they provided. They added a sauce of top in what I am left to think to mask the burnt taste. Looked at the other tables nearby and the beef was not being consumed either. Shrimp was over seasoned with salt for us. Looked again at other tables and shrimp almost untouched. In the skewer days these were pretty good and provided customers medium rare beef and the shrimp was not so salty. I also recall 'back in the day' more attentive grill staff, compared today where it seemed pretty much put in on the grill and take it off when it gets a charred look. You might feel guilty for not eating all the food, but rest assured you paid for it. They could just provide less and focus on the experience and editable food. Ohana dinner for us, has earned it place in our priority list due to food quality which really impacts the overall experience.

We gave Ohana a try last week. We have dined here over the years for both dinner and breakfast. Over recent years, we select breakfast which always, for us, we left happy. Dinner on the other hand is a challenge for Disney. Servers are fine, but as Disneyfam1986 referenced "cousin," appears to be back when things were done more aligned to our satisfaction. Dinner our servers were fine. The food was mixed. Do not care for skillets as their just severing dishes that are shaped like a skillet. Prefer the simulated wood bowls...more fitting for Polynesian theme. Best skillet was the noodle, pot stickers and chicken wings. Beef skillet pieces were all well done that could not be cut with the knife they provided. They added a sauce of top in what I am left to think to mask the burnt taste. Looked at the other tables nearby and the beef was not being consumed either. Shrimp was over seasoned with salt for us. Looked again at other tables and shrimp almost untouched. In the skewer days these were pretty good and provided customers medium rare beef and the shrimp was not so salty. I also recall 'back in the day' more attentive grill staff, compared today where it seemed pretty much put in on the grill and take it off when it gets a charred look. You might feel guilty for not eating all the food, but rest assured you paid for it. They could just provide less and focus on the experience and editable food. Ohana dinner for us, has earned it place in our priority list due to food quality which really impacts the overall experience.
This is similar to my Ohana experience in November. The potstickers, wings, noodles were good and the non skewers meats weren’t. Big chunks that were not tasty at all

Next time, if you're willing to try again, request your steak MR when the server takes your drink order. You wait about 5-10 minutes longer (which we actually liked because they have a tendency to rush you at that restaurant and we like more time to enjoy our appetizers before the main course arrives). They are happy to prepare the meat to your requested temperature - it also guarantees you get a freshly prepared batch - best meat we've had there and will never go back to letting them decide how to cook the meat. :)

The last time we went to Disney right before COVID, we had the exact problem. Waited forever, hardly acknowledged, food was eehh. We ended up emailing Disney when we returned telling them of our findings in hopes they can address specific things for future guests. No complaining, just pointed out specific issues. They sent us a $100 gift card to refund the meal. Gave me faith that the old Disney is still hiding behind the bad service :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter