OK, who else already has their Free Dining ADR's booked??

thelionqueen

DIS Veteran
I know I'm not alone here! After I heard about the Free Dining Promo, I was on the phone w/Disney immediately. I was one of the lucky ones able to book our trip last night (3/31). I then spent over an hour or so on TGM figuring would which parks which days, then planning my ADR's.

All of my ADR's are made for the Free Dining promo...I know, I am an obsessed overplanner, I admit it. Who else is with me? Show DH I am not a complete Disney Freak but a proactive and detailed planner :lmao: Who's with me..come on people..unite!

I have booked,paid off and made my ADRS....all within 20 minutes. I was a bit rushed, but had an idea of where we wanted to eat and on which days. I need to tweak it, but the important ones are done!!!!!

Mine are done, too! I'm glad to know there are other compulsive planners out there! :thumbsup2

I already had it all said and done and then I called this morning when I heard about the free dining...and not only did I get the free dining plan added to my package, but I also ended up with a $156 CREDIT!!!! How I don't know, but there it is...The magic of Disney already at work for my honeymoon!!! YAY!!! I feel like I have to keep calling and checking b/c I just can't believe it's real... :rotfl2:

I'm all done, too. And yes, DH is going to kill me too. It's just such a great deal. 6 night, 7 days at Pop Century for $753. All my ressies and Fantasmic Dinner package complete!!!
:yay: :banana: :yay: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Mine were made already. With the free dining though my one relaxing night of "eat wherever" was quickly tweaked and I made a reservation! :thumbsup2

I made my ADR's last week, tweaked one yesterday, and then this morning found out about the free dining! I still had two or three nights open over our 11 day trip, but I guess now I'll have to figure out where for those ASAP!!

Does TGM have a handle on October yet? I know hours weren't posted on the Disney site. I think I'm going to peruse the historical hours and make a guess. I'm not going for any really coveted times this trip like Cali Grill at fireworks, so I don't expect much trouble getting what I want.

I FREAKED for a second on the phone when the CR told me I could (and needed to) go ahead and do my ADRs. Last time we went it was 90 days out, not this craziness!

I didn't have my books or anything. Totally flew by the seat of my pants.

Gosh, I hope dh doesn't mind what I got, I can tweak in the next few days I guess.

Mama Melrose Fantasmic
Cindy's for lunch
Japanese Steak House (my kids LOVED that last time)
Concourse
Chef Mickey Breakfast

Can't believe we are going back again with the dining. AWESOME!!!!!!

Berta

ADR's can now be made up to 180 (6 months) in advance. SSHHH :ssst: don't let everyone know :rotfl2:

Anyone else gonna jump on the microplanning bandwagon? :lmao:

Great minds think alike... I booked last night and was on TGM planning out days. But I have to have you topped, I booked all the ADRs once and then changed my dates for the trip completely. Changed my package reservation and all my ADRs. Then I decided to add one more night to the package. Called to add one night and then called to make one more ADR. Then decided to change two of my days around, so I called back and changed 2 ADRs again. I was very careful to cancel all the unneeded ADRs.

So that 24 hours, 3 different phone calls to package reservations, and 4 different phone calls to Disney dining.

I'm completely crazy and I know it. Now I'm just not allowed to call Orlando again for at least a week...

(BTW, I have a small party of 2 but I was able to get within 10 minutes of every ADR I wanted. I'm not doing CRT or anything, but clearly they don't have an overwhelming amount of Sept reservations yet).

Heck we made our ADRs before we swapped our reservations to get the free dining. We wanted to be sure we could eat everywhere we wanted before changing the dates we were going.

So we are now staying for 10 nights (rather then 8) and adding two restaraunts to our original plans yay. We're now eating at:

August 14: Boma (first night dinner)
August 15: Spoodles
August 16: Jiko
August 17: Boma Breakfast and Flying Fish Dinner (day off from the parks)
August 18: counter service most likely
August 19: CRT dinner (out of pocket)
August 20: Coral Reef
August 21: Artist Point
August 22: Rainforest Cafe DTD (out of pocket, we are members of their club though so we get a discount) and Cirque De Soleil (probably another day off from the parks)
August 23: Le Cellier Steakhouse
August 24: Heading home in the evening so counter service during the day

We added Artist Point and Rainforest Cafe to our plans and also added Cirque De Soleil so I am really happy about the change to free dining.

Wasn't even planning at WDW trip this summer since we're already going to DL in June, but we couldn't pass up such a great opportunity before school starts back up in late August.

I got every single reservation for the exact time I wanted with one exception--5 minutes later at Liberty Tree. Here's the plan:

Monday, 8/14--Dinner at Liberty Tree
Tuesday, 8/15--Dinner at Le Cellier
Wednesday, 8/16--Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
Thursday, 8/17--Spirit of Aloha 5:15 Show
Friday, 8/18--Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Saturday, 8/19--Lunch at Alfredo's
Sunday, 8/20--Dinner at Crystal Palace

matysgrandma said:
It's just such a great deal. 6 night, 7 days at Pop Century for $753

Is $753 right? It's $435/adult so how are you going for $753? I need to know your secret!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am sooo excited about this! We did free dining last year, but never dreamed they would offer it again. I already had trip booked, 9/23 to 9/30 at CSR without dining plan, but had 4 ADR's made. As soon as my TA gets back to me I'll add 3 more. (I have Disney Visa so I can book today)

Hopefully I'll get the times/places I want.

I booked my trip and adrs at the same time. I made the call just a couple of hours ago.
Here are our ADRs

8/16/06 9:00am O'Hana with Lilo and Stitch

8/17/06 4:30pm Le Cellier

8/18/06 4:30 1900 Park Fare (my birthday :) )

8/19/06 12:00 noon WCC

The only one I'm not sure about is the WCC, we've heard it's fun but the menu looked ok but not great.

The CM wasn't concerned about getting ADRs today and I had my choice of any time at any of those places for the meals I chose except for 6 pm at Le Cellier :scratchin . Any other time was wide open even there. I wouldn't panic about ADR's quite yet but I guess the longer the deal is out the quicker it will get snapped up.

It's so weird there's nothing about this offer on the Disney Visa website nor on the WDW site as far as I can tell. Maybe it will be on the WDW site when it's open to the public??

Just booked them all with no problems and got the EXACT days and times I wanted.

Booked CM, CP, 1900 PF breakfast, PSB lunch, CRT lunch, WCC, Biergarten, 'Ohana b'fast, Mama Melrose FDP, and Donalds B'fast. I'm so happy!

We actually couldn't get Coral Reef the night we wanted, it seems there is some event there on the 18th between 6pm and 9pm. At least that is what the person doing the reservations for us said. Other then that most of ours were right around when we wanted them, I think we had a couple that changed times from what we wanted by 30 minutes or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter