Okay, all who are going in Oct. speak up!!!

We will be there Oct 15 to Oct 19. Me, hubby, step-daughter, her two sons 7 & 3, her boyfriend, and his two sons 7 & 5. Staying at BW Park Place Inn. Just got tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party for the 16th (which is our anniversary).

Woo-hoo! :woohoo:

We'll be at Disneyland October 14-19 ~ can't wait!

9 of us are going and staying at the big family parlor suite at the Desert Inn.

I'll have on my LGMH's - see you there! party: :rockband:

Hey Colorado Mom! We will also be at DL during the time you are. Are ya flying out of DIA? I remember when we talked about tickets several months ago. You are flying SW? We are on Frontier.
I do have a lime green mickey on our backpack/ameribag so if you see one, say "hey".:thumbsup2

Ok - I will get a lime green mickey to add to our backpack!
Yes we are flying out of DIA on SouthWest - wish it was Frontier for those little TV's!

We drove from Council Bluffs into Denver yesterday - I think we saw all of Nebraska we would like to for a while :rotfl: We were looking for the stadium in Lincoln - is it visible from the highway?

me and my DM are going 10/17-10/24. we've both only been once (me by myself in 2006) & her with her parents, grandparents & 5 brothers & sisters in 1969. should be interesting!

We are going to be there 10/11-10/17 staying at HoJo's. Me, my cousin, my DN14, DN13, and DN2. DN2 is so excited about the pirate pool. She asks me almost daily if we can go swim with Pirates. :rotfl2:

Ok - I will get a lime green mickey to add to our backpack!
Yes we are flying out of DIA on SouthWest - wish it was Frontier for those little TV's!

We drove from Council Bluffs into Denver yesterday - I think we saw all of Nebraska we would like to for a while :rotfl: We were looking for the stadium in Lincoln - is it visible from the highway?

Maybe we'll see you at the airport. We will be carrying our bag with the LGM as our carry on. Flying out on the 21st in the evening.

Sorry about the flat boring ride across our state. We are located 2 hours north of the interstate in the western part of the state.

Nope, the stadium isn't visable from the interstate. You have to go into Lincoln to see it.

A WDW vet here, planning a trip next year to DL. I see a lot of you are stay at HoJo. May I ask why? Also, to the poster who mentioned the PIN code, I didn't know DL had them also. WDW does, but I have yet to get one. I ordered a DL vacation DVD. Think that will help my chances?
Thanks for any help and suggestions. Right now I'm looking at either the last part of Sept./first week of Oct. or last of Jan./first of Feb. Weather-wise, any locals care to comment?

A WDW vet here, planning a trip next year to DL. I see a lot of you are stay at HoJo. May I ask why? Also, to the poster who mentioned the PIN code, I didn't know DL had them also. WDW does, but I have yet to get one. I ordered a DL vacation DVD. Think that will help my chances?
Thanks for any help and suggestions. Right now I'm looking at either the last part of Sept./first week of Oct. or last of Jan./first of Feb. Weather-wise, any locals care to comment?

I can't recall if I am the one who mentioned the PIN code here - I have discussed it on other threads, so I might as well jump in! As far as I know, this PIN offer was new to DL this year. In the past, the hotels have had their typical 'off-peak seasons' and applicable lower rates, but this year, I assume to bring up attendance, Disney Destinations sent out these PIN codes via snail mail or email, with even lower rates for all three hotels. Now the former 'off-peak season' is turning out to be pretty busy. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason as to who was getting the offers. Some people got them who were AP holders. Some AP holders did NOT get any. Some people who have been to Disneyland 100 times did not receive them. Some people who have stayed at the hotels several times did not get them. However, some of us who have booked packages through the Walt Disney Travel Company seemed to have gotten them, and I believe the Vacation DVD is tied in to the WDTC as well, and certain folks who signed up for that did get the PIN offer. So MY theory is that the master list that Disney Destinations pulled from has something to do with either the WDTC in some roundabout, indirect way, or by going online to the DL site and getting your name on their mailing list. I think everything that goes through the DL website is somehow linked to the WDTC, so just sign up for any newsletter or offer and answer any survey.

I think signing up for the DVD will help your chances, if my hunch is right, but it probably helps more if you actually book through WDTC. As far as I can tell, it seems like most of the PIN offers have gone out already and the rooms blocked for the PIN offer at the hotels are booking up. The offer is good from August - December, and the Paradise Pier's PIN offer rooms are all booked, as were the DLH rooms the last time I asked. Only the GCH had rooms available, and those are a great deal because they are SO expensive. However, people cancel and switch rooms and upgrade all the time, so it is possible that rooms could open up every day. There are other rooms available at the regular seasonal rates, but just the PIN rooms are rapidly disappearing.

As for weather, last year we went at the end of September - next to last week - and it was pouring rain. Usually September is hot. Living in SoCal, I can tell you that in October it COULD soar up to 90 degrees at times. We have had very hot Octobers before. And sometimes it is windy and maybe in the 70's. October is pretty unpredictable, weather-wise. As for late January/early February, it will be cool and most likely rainy. It usually rains around then in California. Sometimes it is downright cold for the West Coast - like in the 50's during the day and the '30's at night, but each year is different. It is never the same weather every year out here!

We're going October 17-19 and going to the Halloween party on October 17 :woohoo:

I also found out the PIN codes were only US, not Canada. I have ordered three of the planning DVDs in the past two years and not ONE stinking code - for DL or WDW - ever!

We're going October 17-19 and going to the Halloween party on October 17 :woohoo:

I also found out the PIN codes were only US, not Canada. I have ordered three of the planning DVDs in the past two years and not ONE stinking code - for DL or WDW - ever!

But your rate for the PPH was better than the PIN code room rates, so it worked out to your advantage (do you have an AP?)! But they should still send you something even if you are not in the U.S.!

Yes, we are using APs, so we get a VERY good deal still! We're just hoping for some kind of deal to go to WDW one day...

Yes, we are using APs, so we get a VERY good deal still! We're just hoping for some kind of deal to go to WDW one day...

Yes! That is where the deal is really needed! Although I couldn't believe it when my friend took her husband and son to WDW last year for a full seven days, and stayed at the Port Orleans, with Park Hoppers for the entire stay. She booked through WDTC, so when I looked up - out of curiosity - the price of that package online, it was (horrifyingly) NOT much different than staying 2 or 3 nights at the Grand Californian out here, with 3-day hoppers! So that gives everyone an idea of what the GCH prices are like, for those who have never stayed there! Yikes! I couldn't believe that I could have gotten a week at Port Orleans for what I was paying at GCH for three nights!:scared1: :sick:

This flights to Florida are the killer from here though. We can fly Virgin America to LAX for $79/person each way so it is very reasonable. To Florida, not so much! So if there was a great deal on the resorts, it would be more doable...... We'll see.

For now, we're going to Disneyland :woohoo:

October 30-November 1 at the GCH with my DH and DD 2.5. I will be 8 months pregnant by then. :goodvibes

October 30-November 1 at the GCH with my DH and DD 2.5. I will be 8 months pregnant by then. :goodvibes

Be prepared for the beds in the GCH (if you haven't already been there before). The beds are a little on the high side, and my friend and I had to climb up on ours (I am about 5'5"). It was funny. We felt very old and feeble.

This flights to Florida are the killer from here though. We can fly Virgin America to LAX for $79/person each way so it is very reasonable. To Florida, not so much! So if there was a great deal on the resorts, it would be more doable...... We'll see.

For now, we're going to Disneyland :woohoo:

Those $79 rates are great for airfare! I can see where airfare would eat up a lot of money going to Florida.

Oct 1st-5th, staying at Clarion Anaheim Resort, after 3 days on the Golden Princess, Vancouver - LA. There are 11 of us - me, DH (first timer!), DS (also a first timer), my mom, Grandma, 2 sisters, stepdad, aunt, uncle and cousin.

We got our MTOTP tix yesterday in the mail. Its official :) YAY !! We're gonna be there on the 10th ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter