OKay, sorry for asking the sme thing

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
OKay, I am sure you guys get this all the time, but I have to ask. I am 29 and my wife is 25. I have not been to Disney since before Epcot was opened, and she has not been since she was a minor. We are going in early March over a weekend, and we are staying at the Hampton Inn at Buena Vista.

1st question, can you take back packs in the the parks (disney and universal) and do they search them, and if they do, what is not allowed?

Second, what are some must do things for people our age. We don't have any kids and still prefer doing things the college crowd enjoys. We know some of the obvious rides, but what about night life suggestions. Where to go, what to do and any suggestions on saving any $?

here's something to do *outside* the parks... last time i was there, some CMs recommended that my buddies and I try a sports bar called Ale House. you go out the east entrance from the parks and take a left on whatever the big road is, and it's a little ways up on the left. very cool bar, good food, very cheap drinks.

as for the parks... do it all :)

Pleasure Island has a lot of night life, I'm sure you will be happy there. They do charge admission though. I'm not sure if there is New Years Eve Fireworks every night at midnight still. During the day the waterparks are fun and Disney Quest if you like those types of things.

The Ale house is on Hwy 535, just past the Crossroads.

Pleasure Island still does fireworks at Midnight, and they do have a single club ticket now ( excludes Adv. Club and Comedy Warehouse )

If you want to party with some CMs too, I'd ask while you're in the World Showcase what nights are where...CM nights at PI used to be Thursday when I was there..I think it might be Monday and Thursday now? Don't quote me on that though. there's also a night for CMs at the Ale house, TGI fridays, etc. To party with all of the people from around the world was the best experience for me while I was there.

Or drink around the World at Epcot...this was a regular occurance for us down there. Start in Mexico and see if you can make it to Canada without passing out. ahhh...memories.

Hope you have fun!

There were many, many more "college type" antics we pulled, so let me know if you need any more suggestions.

Monday & Thurs are PI
Wednesday at Bennagains on 535
There is also Cheers, but I always worked Cheers nights.

Definetly hit up Jelly Rolls over on the boardwalk. It's especially crowded on Sunday and Tuesday nights since CMs get in for free. (or at least it was like that when I was a CPer in 2001)

Jelly Rolls is a dueling piano bar, and it's a blast. They play all kinds of fun songs to sing along too and sometimes there drinks and drink specials aren't too bad. You'll have a blast.

Of course the before mentioned places are great too, loved and still miss the Ale House, Bennigans on a Wed night can be some good times. And definetly check out PI on a Thurs, good crowds.

You can take backpacks (you will see many of them) and they do check all bags when you first go in.

Cast Member night at Jellyrolls is Tuesday, so it's always packed and fun then.

Vista Way All Stars and Miller co-host All Star night on Monday nights at Jungle Jim's, over in Crossroads. (Across 535 from WDW). It's lots of fun -- good drink specials and karaoke.

Cheers has a $5 mug night which is also fun if you can remember it the next morning. :drinking1 (and probably even more fun if you can't...)

SoonerKate said:
Cheers has a $5 mug night which is also fun if you can remember it the next morning. :drinking1 (and probably even more fun if you can't...)

Oh I forgot about Cheers! Miss those mug nights.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter