OKW bus?

i've never had a problem with bus service at OKW.

my one issue ever with disney resorts came at AKV (where i gave up and went to grab my car to drive myself).

but...there is always a risk so if you are going for a dining reservation or something, be sure to leave a little early.

It's the same as every other resort. You can hit the odd long wait time but in general buses are there every 20 minutes or so. OKW has internal stops but doesn't share with any other resort. It's pretty centrally located so the rides are fairly consistent and you have the bonus of the boats to Disney Springs.

Many do not realize that OKW and SSR are the two most centrally located DVC resorts to all 4 parks. As KAT4DISNEY said the rides to all parks are close to the same length of time and none that long.

Epcot is right across the road from OKW, so it's probably the shortest trip. MK only takes about eight minutes once you leave the resort.

OKW is out favorite resort, and is basically our home resort....one of the reasons is the bus service. Although the loop inside the resort can be annoying, I have found the service always to be prompt and reliable....also, having that many buses all stopping at the hospitality house prior to departure, allows moving internally in the resort very easy

They also now have the screens giving approximate wait times for the buses up at the stops now, which is great!

How about the bus stops at the parks? Last time we stayed at AOA and the bus stops at the park were all the furthest away!

Personally I thought the bus service at OKW was terrible. We stayed there for a week in late January one year. Each time we took the bus it took us over an hour to get to any of the parks. We were the first bus stop so we had to go all the way around the park to pick other people up and on the way back we were the last stop. There were many many people that needed assistance with electric wheelchairs the loading and unloading of those took about 10-15 minuted easy. And if you got one getting off and one getting on in the loop it added and extra 30 minutes to the trip. We happened to get this on every trip we had that week.

Every single time we were on the bus we encountered this type of delay. Never again would I stay at OKW without a car. The transportation for us just chewed up too much of our park time.

We own at AKL and that had 2 stops. Very Easy not much wait time and if there were people who needed extra assistance it was not a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter