OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a great time at our "Home" Check out Hanks when you get there. There are daily activities going on.

hi all,

don't know if one of you kind folks could answer a question regarding OKW for us.

we have booked 5 nights at OKW then 3 nights on a Disney Cruise then we are heading back to OKW for another few nights.

The question is would we be able to leave some of our luggage at bell services for three days rather than taking it all with us on our cruise?

thanks
Sharon

Sharon, I don't see why they couldn't, but call the hotel direct now, before you leave, to ask.

Have a great time.

cheryl

Hey all, I have less then a week and i'll be down in disney. Anyone have any good tips for things to do around okw ? I have a 5 yr daughter whos loves almost anything. Thanks:banana:

They have plenty to do at the resort; shuffle board, playground areas, the pool, at hanks there are t.v.'s, computers, games throughout the day, pool games, and on some nights there are out door movies and a campfire. My 2 guys just loved hanging out at the pool, and swinging in the swings. You can also rent little water sprites and head out onto the lake with her, take a ferry ride to Down town Disney, or just sit and read in the little "library" where you check in.

have fun

cheryl

Does the old key west have wireless internet service ? Also is it free or does it cost an arm and a leg. Thanks Bob

it is free for dvc owners... check at the front desk how it works... I am so sorry I am not technical... hubby is... but I know we access it each trip.

Laura

it is free for dvc owners... check at the front desk how it works... I am so sorry I am not technical... hubby is... but I know we access it each trip.

Laura

I thought it was only "wired" as I am going "home" for the first time in June, confirmation of "wireless" would save me from having to configure a "vacation Router" :lmao:

I thought it was only "wired" as I am going "home" for the first time in June, confirmation of "wireless" would save me from having to configure a "vacation Router" :lmao:

Yes - only the wired in the rooms is free. You need a wireless router if you don't want to be tied down. Some of the resorts have wirless around the lobbies but you have to pay for it.

Does the old key west have wireless internet service ? Also is it free or does it cost an arm and a leg. Thanks Bob

but they have DSL. The cables are in the coat closet.

I asked a CM the last time we were there and they said wireless wasn't doable at OKW due to the spread out nature of the resort.

Doing the happy dance...:cool1::cool1: We are going to OKW for an adult only w/e on Memorial day and we were on the wait list for the Sunday to Monday using points....just came through, now we will use 10 points versus $243.00....Yeah!!

Cheryl

NO FAIR!!! Weren't you just there??? I am still anxiously waiting for our August trip!!!::goodvibes

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Laura

NO FAIR!!! Weren't you just there??? I am still anxiously waiting for our August trip!!!::goodvibes

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Laura

Laura....we are stealing away for an adult only trip. We had already planned to go somewhere, we were thinking Boston, New Hampshire, or some place close to home. But when we returned fromthis trip, we realized we didn't get to go into Epcot, or MGM, or some other things because of the kids. Se when we priced the airfare, it was actually better and less expensive to go to Disney for the weekend with points than it was to go anywhere else....yeah for DVC.

So if you have anything else you would like scoped out, let me know.

Cheryl

We are the OKW right now. Having a great time. We are in building number 43. We walked out of our room yesterday to find a fencing company putting up a fence near the pool. Came back at the end of the day and for sure the Turtle shack Pool is closed, not sure for how long. I will try to find out today and let everyone know.

We are the OKW right now. Having a great time. We are in building number 43. We walked out of our room yesterday to find a fencing company putting up a fence near the pool. Came back at the end of the day and for sure the Turtle shack Pool is closed, not sure for how long. I will try to find out today and let everyone know.

Shame about the pool..... but hey - you are in OKW right now!! I'm so jealous!

Cheryl, I am so happy for you that you get to have your adults only weekend. My husband and I have done it a couple of times now, and there is nothing like it. Dinner alone with no kids is amazing... let alone just strolling along and leisurely enjoying the street performers, or what ever strikes your fancy. Have a wonderful time... you will find a whole new kind of magic this trip :wizard::flower3:

And you know I am sure I will come up with a couple of questions between now and then!!!!;)

PS Spend some time in the the rose gardens at MK and Epcot... they are both beautiful and your timing will be perfect.

Laura

Hi :wave:

Just stumbled on this thread as I can't sleep for some reason.. can I jump in ??

Can't say for sure yet how much I WILL LOVE:lovestruc OKW...We will be staying there in August.. and we just bought a resale... OKW comes highly recommended by a friend of mine and it looks so peaceful and relaxing. So yup bought it "SIGHT" unseen.

I like the fact the rooms are bigger.. that was the main reason we bought there for our "Home Resort

Any advice or tips I would be glad to hear !!!

Laura...thanks...can't wait!!!! I was at work yesterday telling everyone to have a good weekend--thought it was Thursday...:lmao: We were lucky enough to have bought in 1997 pre children, so we have strolled many a time without the children in Epcot, but I think this year will just be better in that we have an entirely new appreciation for much of the world around us when we are finally alone!!

Welcome to the new guys on the block. You will love OKW, the rooms are large and welcoming, most all CM's are very friendly, and most of the guests can't help but have that "welcome home" smile on their faces.

Mom2four...a bump is when you want to keep a thread near the top when it has gone onto the next page. You bump it to keep it fresh so others will tend to look at it.

Off to have my nails done...have a great day everyone!!

Hoping to stay in OKW this August! Is there such a thing as a waterview near the HH??? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter