OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we are back and had a great time, this past week was soooo busy I haven't had a chance to write anything, or even down load pictures. I will try and do it this week. Everything was fantastic, with the exception of the room. If we were going to be there longer than the 3 days, I would have asked to move. We were in a corner studio on the ground floor; 2915. Our "balcony" overlooked the airconditioning units, and because we were right on the road, we heard the busses...1st time that has ever happened.

I will write tomorrow.

Cheryl

I hope this doesn't happen to me! I have a studio room booked in July for my sister and myself, but a guess a bad view in Disney still beats being at home!

Sometimes it's the luck of the draw. We were in a Grand Villa in Building 29 two years ago, and I was not happy with the view, it had way too much vegetation for me. I love the tropical planting, but in that particular unit, it felt like we were in a jungle. We could hear the golfers, but couldn't see them.

That was honestly the only building I have ever been in, and we've been in a few over the past 17 years, that I was not excited about the view.

We ended up in building 29 twice. The second time I asked to be moved. It is really bad if you are under the GV.

...and I can't wait!!!

Quick question, though. We haven't stayed at OKW enough to really "know" the resort. When I called to make reservations, the HH wasn't available. With that said, can you guys tell me a good building to request? I'd like to be close to any place where we can refill drinks, have access to a pool, and possibly have access to food. Is Turtle Pond (maybe building 41?) my best bet? We've stayed twice in SP, and our first stay was a beautiful golf course view, but I don't know the section. I think it was along the main drag, right before SP.

Thanks for your thoughts and any advice!

Also wondering if anyone very familiar with OKW can comment on this as we are also looking for the same type of location when we go in June. :goodvibes

We stayed on SP last summer and I didn't enjoy it. Their quiet pool does not have a counter service. I like TP, we have stayed in building 36 several times and love the location and the quet pool. The view from 36 is a water view with the fairway of hole 5. Always ask for an upper floor so the vegetation does not obstruct your views. Also you are a short walk to the bus stop.

HH isn't available for our stay in August, either. We would like to stay closest to the main pool and Olivia's. What building would you experts suggest??? Thanks!

request the newer buildings 62, 63 or 64 or you could go with 15 or 16 on Millers Road. Millers Road is one of our favorite neighborhoods:thumbsup2

We ended up in building 29 twice. The second time I asked to be moved. It is really bad if you are under the GV.

I can imagine. The view from the GV was bad and we were up two or three floors. I don't know why they just don't open all that up

Can you guys fill me in on cake ordering at OKW? Where are the cakes delivered from? Who do I work with? etc?

request the newer buildings 62, 63 or 64 or you could go with 15 or 16 on Millers Road. Millers Road is one of our favorite neighborhoods:thumbsup2

Thanks, I'll do that! What in particular did you like about the Miller Road area? Off to look at one of Robo's souped up maps! :cutie:

Thanks, I'll do that! What in particular did you like about the Miller Road area? Off to look at one of Robo's souped up maps! :cutie:

Hi MamaCrush,
What I like about Miller's Road is that you are a short walk to the HH and main pool and a quiet pool by building 19. Also not much traffic, you will have the buses coming down Miller's and the families staying in the neighborhood, but that's about it. If you were to get a room (non HH booking) on Peninsular, which isn't a bad walk to the HH, you will get the traffic of everyone going to the rear of the resort. Things to remember about Miller's Road, no second door into the master bathroom in buildings 15 -22, and building 20 is in the bus turnaround :eek: buildings 21 and 22 are longer walks to HH, and if you have your own car building 64 does not have parking outside of villa. So if you request Miller's Road, stay with buildings
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 62, 63, and 64. So many decisions!!!! Enjoy, OKW is our favorite resort :cloud9:

Can anyone tell me anything about Bldgs 23, 26 and/or 27?? Looking at the resort Map, it seems like these buildings have a straight shot to the main pool and I assume Olivia's. Is this right? Is it easy to get across Penninsula Road there? Are there any fences or anything blocking access to the pool from there? Any interesting information would be greatly appreciated!

(I'm obviously obsessing over what building to request... but I have to do something while waiting for August hours to be posted or I'll go crazy! :tongue: )

Hi MamaCrush,
What I like about Miller's Road is that you are a short walk to the HH and main pool and a quiet pool by building 19. Also not much traffic, you will have the buses coming down Miller's and the families staying in the neighborhood, but that's about it. If you were to get a room (non HH booking) on Peninsular, which isn't a bad walk to the HH, you will get the traffic of everyone going to the rear of the resort. Things to remember about Miller's Road, no second door into the master bathroom in buildings 15 -22, and building 20 is in the bus turnaround :eek: buildings 21 and 22 are longer walks to HH, and if you have your own car building 64 does not have parking outside of villa. So if you request Miller's Road, stay with buildings
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 62, 63, and 64. So many decisions!!!! Enjoy, OKW is our favorite resort :cloud9:

Do you know if buildings 62 - 64 are considered HH and/or are they only reserved for those with a medical need for an elevator?

Also, we will probably have a car and tend to have many pieces of luggage plus a food delivery so what building(s) would you recommend after 62 & 63 in terms of ease of getting "moved" in?

One last question, are all the buildings two floors or are there some that are three?

I had a conversation with a CM inquiring about noting a room request and she was sort of disuading me from asking for anything more than a floor level and/or a section to which she recommended SP and TP even though I told her that we really wanted to be as close as we could to HH since I have small children who love the pool and an older son who would use the main facilities off on his own. I told her that I would investigate it a little further as I had never stayed at OKW before and wanted to make an educated request at a later point in time.

Thanks for all of your help! :goodvibes

Do you know if buildings 62 - 64 are considered HH and/or are they only reserved for those with a medical need for an elevator?

Also, we will probably have a car and tend to have many pieces of luggage plus a food delivery so what building(s) would you recommend after 62 & 63 in terms of ease of getting "moved" in?

One last question, are all the buildings two floors or are there some that are three?

I had a conversation with a CM inquiring about noting a room request and she was sort of disuading me from asking for anything more than a floor level and/or a section to which she recommended SP and TP even though I told her that we really wanted to be as close as we could to HH since I have small children who love the pool and an older son who would use the main facilities off on his own. I told her that I would investigate it a little further as I had never stayed at OKW before and wanted to make an educated request at a later point in time.

I stayed on the first floor in 62 a couple of weeks ago and it was simply ideal... very close to bus stops, pool and HH. When I booked they told me that there was no availability for HH booking category, but did note my request for first floor since I use a scooter and as near to HH as possible. So it appears to me it's not considered HH but may be medical requests requiring an elevator.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat! :goodvibes

The buildings are either 2 or 3 floors. Building 64 does not have parking directly in front of the villa, it is shared with 63 or 15. I always request either 2nd or 3rd floor. This way you are not on the ground floor under a GV. As previously mentioned, GV have hardwood floors and can be quite loud for anyone under them.

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. :) I'm Michele and I'll be travelling with my DH, DDs (will be 10 1/2 and 7 on our trip), DS (will be turning 2 on our trip) and my uncle. We are soooooo excited!

I've never stayed at OKW and am trying to get it all "figured out." I know it's too early to book our vacation (we're going in October 2010 - yes, I'm a PLANNER! lol), but I would love to have your advice on unit locations. We will have a 2 bedroom villa. We don't mind walking as our girls will be older and we'll have a stroller; however, it would be nice to be closer to some "action" (pool, food, playground).

On our last trip to Disney, we spent most of our times in the parks - will probably do that again this time around, but we'll definitely plan for at least one day of resort time. What are the "must sees and dos" at OKW?

TIA for any info you can share!!! I've read a huge portion of this thread, but, with a 7 month old baby on my lap, I'm struggling to find time to read every post. (Thankfully I have a lot of time before our vacation!)

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. :) I'm Michele and I'll be travelling with my DH, DDs (will be 10 1/2 and 7 on our trip), DS (will be turning 2 on our trip) and my uncle. We are soooooo excited!

I've never stayed at OKW and am trying to get it all "figured out." I know it's too early to book our vacation (we're going in October 2010 - yes, I'm a PLANNER! lol), but I would love to have your advice on unit locations. We will have a 2 bedroom villa. We don't mind walking as our girls will be older and we'll have a stroller; however, it would be nice to be closer to some "action" (pool, food, playground).

On our last trip to Disney, we spent most of our times in the parks - will probably do that again this time around, but we'll definitely plan for at least one or two days of resort time. What are the "must sees and dos" at OKW?

TIA for any info you can share!!! I've read a huge portion of this thread, but, with a 7 month old baby on my lap, I'm struggling to find time to read every post. (Thankfully I have a lot of time before our vacation!)

Hi Michelle if you want to stay close to the main pool, you will need to request the Hospitality House area when making your ressie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter