OKW or BWV? Which is Nicer?

I think Disney keeps to the theme very well, whether it's interior, landscaping, building design, whatever.

The Boardwalk looks like it should, as does OKW.

Notice there aren't any palm trees at VWL!! :smokin:

MG

Okay, in all seriousness, I guess I should say how I feel about both and now how Richyams felt. I personally do not like the BWV at all. Probably because it IS too much like New Jersey. I think the theme is well done, but I live in the country, so I am a country girl at heart, and BWV just isn't my cup of tea. I want to see landscaping and have room to move around and feel like I am in my own vacation home rather than a hotel. The big rooms at OKW would tip the table for me if nothing else did. I know some folks think the Boardwalk view is one of the best in WDW, but I think MOST OKW views of woods , golf course, or water far surpass the boardwalk view. I will give BWV a GREAT location though. Midway between two parks means you CAN walk there if you choose. I'm quite sure you can walk to Epcot from BWV in less than 10 minutes, and it would take me closer to 15 minutes to bus from OKW. The difference is....from OKW, I get to ride instead of adding to my walking for the day, and if I take a boat from BWV, I have just added about an extra 15 minutes to that time factor. SO...I would choose OKW over BWV every time for LOTS of reasons.

Oh, but I LIKE the CLOWN slide!!

Just a lot of big buildings with very long hallways. ;)

I know OKW and SSR supporters like to pull out the long hallways at BWV whenever the size and walking distances at SSR/OKW are brought up, and I will admit its true, BWV does have some long hallways. But keep this in mind, if it is raining, 95 degrees and humid, or both (not unlikely at WDW), you will be loving those long, inside, air conditioned hallways. ;)

Keep in mind that you won't have to walk to Epcot and MGM from BWV. There is a boat that can take you to both. I would still recomend walking to Epcot because it is much faster. But if you are going to MGM, it is quite a long walk and the boat is probally faster (and easier on your feet).

This is all really great information! Thank you all for the posts! I have been reading and laughing especially at the "clown vomiting wet soggy kids". This is a very tough decision, they both sound great! Do you all think that is is fairly safe to rent points and reservations from DVC members?:)

Fairly safe? yes. Would I recommend my sister do it? No. I'd transfer points into my own account - because I would then control the points - but I wouldn't rent a reservation. But I'm highly risk adverse, think renting points is a lot of bother compared to making a reservation over the internet - plus, I'd rather stay in a Deluxe hotel over a DVC studio.

I know OKW and SSR supporters like to pull out the long hallways at BWV whenever the size and walking distances at SSR/OKW are brought up, and I will admit its true, BWV does have some long hallways. But keep this in mind, if it is raining, 95 degrees and humid, or both (not unlikely at WDW), you will be loving those long, inside, air conditioned hallways. ;)
It's raining & 95 degrees. Why would walking down a long hallway while I'm all wet be appealing? At OKW I could be in the shower by the time you're halfway down the hall.

Seriously though, I own at BCV (which has it's own share of long hallways & is not too different than BWV) & OKW. I love both areas for all of the reasons that everyone has already listed. The reason for staying at one over the other will just depend on what you want in a vacation. They're both magnificent. One being "better" than the other will depend on the personal taste of who is answering the question.

It's one of the very few resorts to actually make you feel you're in FLORIDA.
It's beautiful, it's big and I loved it. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter