Old Cabins to Be Removed, New DVC Cabins Coming To Fort Wilderness

RTR Ed!!!

I am trying to figure out how to combine a DVC stay and having the rig down there.
We've done this in the past and it's totally doable. Camped at FW then WL allowed us to park rig in their lot while we stayed at DVC there. No charge (about 5yr ago) or issues. Would love to do that again. I believe FW also will allow trailers stay in overflow but no idea how long.

Couple thoughts here as both DVC and multiple FW visitor. I'm a bit sad to see the cabins "updated" the rustic log look is what we enjoyed when we stayed in them. I prefer to see FW kept closer to the original vibe and feel and this feels like a change in direction. I get not everyone is a nostalgia buff and for some a modern look is their jam but wasn't that part of Walt's vision...simpler times?

Hoping such a move doesn't bring more "traffic" I know some folks love their golf carts and many actually need them for mobility but in my experience they are an unneeded accessory and ruin the campground. We are fortunate to have no mobility issues and bring our bikes when camping and especially at FW. I wish Disney did more to promote use of bikes (even ebikes) here and across WDW to encourage alternative means to get around. I'd much prefer a bike ride at the end of the night along a well lit, safe path rather than fighting parking lot traffic or bus runs. Rant done.

I'll be watching this closely as the opportunity to purchase an old cabin is a very exciting one. Hopefully they go on sale to the public. I'd put one down on my lot so my kids can have a place to live while they save $ trying to enter the insane housing market here. If anyone here's anything I'd be super appreciative of a heads up!

I'm sure my sentiment is not like others, but I feel that a resort titled "Fort Wilderness", should look like the wilderness, and that to me means log cabins. I hate to see them go. :(
The original "cabins" looked like mobile homes, not cabins.

Ft Wilderness is above and beyond snazzy over most RV parks I have seen. The new look is modern but I think it will blend into nature well, and perhaps bring more nature inside with more windows.

1692192158039.png

The original "cabins" looked like mobile homes, not cabins.

Ft Wilderness is above and beyond snazzy over most RV parks I have seen. The new look is modern but I think it will blend into nature well, and perhaps bring more nature inside with more windows.

View attachment 785691
These use to come in two forms - sleep 4 or 6. We only ever stayed in the sleep 6 version which I believe is pictured above. Did anyone ever use the sleep 4 version?

These use to come in two forms - sleep 4 or 6. We only ever stayed in the sleep 6 version which I believe is pictured above. Did anyone ever use the sleep 4 version?
I only stayed in the next version, log cabins, and it slept "6". The bunks were only good for kids, the bed a full and the murphy bed was the best place to sleep. My kids were small. Once they were older they wanted more "amenities" so back to hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter