oldest disneyland souviner?

where's_my_prince

DIS Veteran
disneyland just posted this question on facebook and thought it was interesting so....

what is your oldest disneyland souvenir?

mine is my first annual passport at the ripe old age of 3 :) im almost 19 now.

I used to have a box with souvenir's from grad night 1983, there was a park ticket, some buttons and a park map flyer, but for some reason it apparently got thrown out. :sad2:

the oldest thing i have now is one of the poster size wall maps from 1999

I have a park map from the first 5 years 1955-1960, and unused ticket books from 1958-1964. obviously i did not get those myself, but they are souviners, and i do own them:thumbsup2

I gots a fully in-tact ticket book from back in the 60's... It wasn't mine originally, I had to buy it off of e-bay... One day before i die... I'm going to exchange it for admission to DL, just to see the look on the ticket boot operators face! :laughing:

I have a key chain from 1985, the 30th anniversary celebration. I attach it to the day bag I take to the park now.

Somewhere in my parents attic I must still have part of an old ticket book. I also have a menu from the Blue Bayou from the probably late 60's or early 70's. I'm not sure. But the prices are only a couple dollars for meals. Oh, and I have my Minnie Mouse pin that my parents got my sister and I to hold our all day passes to our shirts. That was when you could have a choice of buying ticket books or a pass that got you on all rides. I thought that was so cool! That must have been early 80's.

disneyland just posted this question on facebook and thought it was interesting so....

what is your oldest disneyland souvenir?

mine is my first annual passport at the ripe old age of 3 :) im almost 19 now.

wow I had no clue that they had APs that long!
I always bought the huge character hats from DL, they don't really sell them anymore. kinda similar to the dale one they have now but not all plush-y...
i always felt like i was a 'character' with the hats on! like thinking "some kids might really mistake me for daisy!!" or something :rotfl2:
That was the first prize i picked out for myself from DL, and I got a new one every year :)

1955:

warrick.jpg

1959:

sub_voyage_1959.jpg

Oh, and I have my Minnie Mouse pin that my parents got my sister and I to hold our all day passes to our shirts. That was when you could have a choice of buying ticket books or a pass that got you on all rides. I thought that was so cool! That must have been early 80's.

That's what I was going to post! I think mine was Pluto. And yes, that was about 1980 because i think i was 5. I remember being kind of disappointed when we went again a few years later and they had switched completely to all day passes so there was no need to get pins to display that you had a pass instead of tickets. I thought I was going to get another pin! This was way before pin trading was around.

I also have my stuffed Marie from that trip. I had never seen the Aristocats but I loved cats at the time so I got Marie and renamed her Soft Sound. I have no idea why i named her that. But now DH even calls Marie that. So if we see a Marie pin or something he'll say "look, there's Soft Sound!" :rotfl:

wow I had no clue that they had APs that long!
I always bought the huge character hats from DL, they don't really sell them anymore. kinda similar to the dale one they have now but not all plush-y...
i always felt like i was a 'character' with the hats on! like thinking "some kids might really mistake me for daisy!!" or something :rotfl2:
That was the first prize i picked out for myself from DL, and I got a new one every year :)

omgosh i totally really remember those its the ones where like they had daisy and the bill of the hat was like her bill and they had long eye lashes?!

omgosh i totally really remember those its the ones where like they had daisy and the bill of the hat was like her bill and they had long eye lashes?!

yes!!!! I LOVED those!
I had Daisy, Minnie, Mickey, and Goofy! Then our yearly trips stopped and I wasn't into those hats anymore lol. & then they stopped selling them.

My husband! Ha!.........

Actually no, alas I have no DH. So if anyone is interested let me know. You must have a great income, amongst other elements and features. For I need no company while waiting in the soup kitchen line.

A ticket book from 1980 with a couple of A and B tickets left in it :)

My husband! Ha!.........

Actually no, alas I have no DH. So if anyone is interested let me know. You must have a great income, amongst other elements and features. For I need no company while waiting in the soup kitchen line.

:rotfl2:

nice one Gisele! :thumbsup2 i'm in the same boat as you

My Donald Duck hat that still squeaks! I want to say I to it in 82 or so. Maybe earlier.
I had one like that too!!!! I think I got it as a prize from someone who visited. I was super young! They must have had that hat for a while because I know I got mine after '87 for sure :)

Mine are (1) my Mickey Mouse ears from 1970 or 1971, (2) my little stuffed Mickey that had a soft body and a hard plastic face and (3) a leather vest from Frontierland that had fringe and beads on it! :goodvibes

I think there are some partially used ticket books around also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter