Olivanders on a Saturday evening

BostonEd

I'd rather be skiing.
My family is currently scheduled to arrive in Orlando in the afternoon on a Saturday. Originally I was not planning to go in to the parks that day. We were going to get 2-day park-to-park tix, but the 3-day tix are not much more.

My daughter is a huge HP fan (and son too, but not to the same extent). And she would FLIP OUT if she got picked to have her wand picked for her.

So now I'm wondering: I was guessing that there's probably not much activity in Olivander's early on a Saturday evening, even during a crowded time, and therefore her odds might be better for being picked? Does anyone have insight about this? Oh, and which Olivander's would be better for this?

And she'll probably be wearing a robe (academic gown), if that helps. 😉

It's not a big deal to head into the park on Saturday evening, but if the crowds don't really settle down for maximum wand-selection potential, I don't know if we'll bother. Thanks.

When I've done Olivander's, it's been in the late afternoon with only the wait for them to finish the current group (as in, we got in line & were in the next group entering the wand choosing room). I did once in both parks, same thing, same time of day. Diagon Alley Olivander's is bigger (I understand there are 3 rooms) but if there's no wait it doesn't matter. Do be aware that Olivander's closes before the rest of the park, not sure if that's just seasonal or if there is a specific time or what. But by late evening there's a good chance it'll be closed. With no actual wait, you can also hop back into line if she's not picked the first time - I suspect they'd take pity at that point.

Either way, those evening hours are among the best to just wander the HP areas, so I'd head over and enjoy Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade regardless.

Plus 1 to "loop it til you make it." We got picked, but the wandmaster asked another kid first "Do you have a wand" and they said yes, so they moved on to my daughter. And yes, she was in full Hogwarts robe with Gryffindor tie and stars in her eyes; from what I've heard it helps (though the boy asked first was almost cosplaying as Dudley Dursley :D)

But in general, my perception is that weekends are always busier than weekdays, and mornings are always less than later. We arrived on a Saturday evening, like 7pm before a 9pm closing, and found Diagon Alley near deserted. Then again, it was 40 degrees and freezing our butts off, so that might have driven the crowds away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter