Olivia, Coral Reef, Outer Rim, Chf Mickey, LeCellier, SciFi, 9 Dragon, Spoodle, OHana

Okay, you live in Western NJ and grew up 5 miles from Manhattan. I too live in Western NJ and grew up in Queens. Where do you live and where did you grow up?

I'm enjoying your reviews, especially your son. My older one will be 9 in February and we're heading down for a weekend visit. We'll do CR and LeCellier that weekend.

We also love good chinese food and generally skip 9 Dragons since we think we can get better at home for less.

Looking forward to more reviews.

Hi Janet! I grew up in Secaucus and now live in Clinton...I think Flanders is close, no? Another thing we have in common...we just became members of SSR! :) I see that you went during the teacher's convention. Do you know when that is this year?

More reviews to come shortly!

All the best,
Lauren

Hi Janet! I grew up in Secaucus and now live in Clinton...I think Flanders is close, no? Another thing we have in common...we just became members of SSR! :) I see that you went during the teacher's convention. Do you know when that is this year?

More reviews to come shortly!

All the best,
Lauren

Lauren, Flanders is off Rt. 206 in western Morris County. I think you're off Rt. 78, correct? If I come south on 206, head south on 287, the very next exit is 78 West. You're probably not far from there. My BIL lives in Stewartsville west of you.

Teachers Convention in 2007 is Thurs/Fri, November 8/9. We're heading on a cruise on RCCL Liberty of the Seas, which enters the water in May. We did WDW 4 times in 2006 and we have 2 trips planned for 2007 so we decided that we would take a cruise. We bought in to SSR in 2005 and banked our points (already had our Nov. trip planned). Used my points Nov. 06 for VWL, then banked the remainder into 2007. When my mom said she'd join us for our weekend trip for ds's 9th birthday in Feb, I used my banked points (I have a Feb use year) for a 2 bdrm BW view at the BWV. So, if we take the cruise in Nov., I can bank almost a full year's points into 2008, which would mean either a longer trip or a bigger unit that year (of course, ds will be in fifth grade in 2008 and who knows if I'll be able to take him out of school).

I have friends who live in the Clinton area (I think). Not sure what school their kids go to (would be funny if your ds is in school with them).

Teachers Convention in 2007 is Thurs/Fri, November 8/9.

I have friends who live in the Clinton area (I think). Not sure what school their kids go to (would be funny if your ds is in school with them).

Thanks for the info...now I can book my next trip! :) You are going to have a blast on the cruise and in Feb! I wish I could go back sooner than Nov!!!

My DS goes to Patrick McGahren...we live in the township where Lebanon and Annandale go to school with us...

Keep in touch Neighbor! :)

Hi Lauren:wave2: Really enjoying your reviews. I like how you include your cocktails as well. About the mussells at LeCellier, I guess your disboard friend gave you a good tip, huh?:scratchin

Can't wait to see if you enjoyed Spoodles and maybe the sangria!!;)

Hi Lauren:wave2: Really enjoying your reviews. I like how you include your cocktails as well. About the mussells at LeCellier, I guess your disboard friend gave you a good tip, huh?:scratchin

Can't wait to see if you enjoyed Spoodles and maybe the sangria!!;)

Awwww, my DISboard friend!!! I didn't know if you would be mad if I gave your name out on the post...:flower3: I am sooo glad that you told me about those mussels...they were soooo yummy!

I loved the Sangria at Spoodles but I wasn't crazy about my entree the Portugese Stew...it had star of anise in it which I do not really care for...thank God it was just a hint of it...

We also had the cocktail, Mediteranian Sunrise...yuck! It was soooo sour...and you know me and drinks...anything goes...usually! :)

I am going to give a more detailed post later...I have been DISing most of the day :rolleyes1 ...time to make dinner now...

DFI and I decided that we would go out one night alone. We had Fairy Godmothers watch our son. My son loved it. He had a great babysitter, Stacie, that took him to the game room and ate chips and watched TV...

I was looking forward to the night out. We planned on eating at Spoodles and then going to Jellyrolls to sing along with the dueling pianos...please note I did most of the singing since DFI doesn't really like that stuff!

One note before I begin...this place has a kitchen that is open so the guests can see the chefs cooking...it was VERY loud...

I was excited to try the Sangria at Spoodles; my friend Kathy (TigerKat) told me that it was great! Well, it was! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 We drank the pitcher then wanted to have something else...we tried the Mediterranean Sunrise...YUCK! It was beyond sour...DFI didn't even finished half...me being the sport I am finisned my own! :)

For appetizers we had the Mediterranean Dips and the Four Cheese Flatbread. The dips with the pita was very good. I liked the cucumber dip and the hummus the best. It also came with olives, which I ate all of them since DFI doesn't care for them! The pita was very fresh and warm. Now, in my original post, I stated that my fiancee is a very picky eater, well, he didn't care for most of the dips...he ate some of the hummus. The flatbread was very good. It had fresh sage on it (not too much) and had a nice bite from the Feta Cheese.

They served fresh bread with a nice olivey dipping sauce too. DFI hated the bread since it had oregano baked in. I enjoyed it and the dipping sauce was very good.

DFI had the NY Strip Steak with Sweet Potato Fries. He really enjoyed it. I tasted one of the sweet potatoes and agreeded that they were good. I ordered the Portuguese Seafood Stew which was fish, shrimp, clams, mussels with roasted potatoes in a seafood broth. I was pretty disappointed with this choice. The seafood was good - an occassional peice of grit from the shellfish. There was only 2 peices of potato wedge and the broth was loaded with fennel...which I hate...thank God the taste wasn't that strong. No where on the menu was this stated but the dish was almost 1/3 full of it.

For dessert, I had the Chocolate Apricot Pistachio Cake. It was very good, very rich but a little bit heavy. DFI had the Ice Cream Sundae. He was a little bit embarassed when he got it. It was presented on an artist's palatte with all of the toppings in little dishes like they do for the children, but he enjoyed it...what can be wrong with ice cream, right?

Spoodles Rating: B+

PS: Jellyrolls was alot of fun!!!

Hi Lauren :wave2: I'm so glad you enjoyed the Sangria. We went to Spoodles on our last night and wanted to end it right - we had TWO pitchers. :lmao: We also had the flatbread and loved it. I had what your DFI ordered and thought it was excellent!

There was something about Spoodles that we just fell in love with, well, maybe it was the SANGRIA!!!!!!!!!!;)

First, I must say I was a little tipsy for this meal...we had a couple of glasses of wine before leaving for dinner and then started with the Lapu Lapus - these are Mai Tais with a Bacardi 151 float served in a pinapple when we arrived. Those Lapus are great and will knock you off your feet!

We decided to take the bus to the MK and then take the boat to TTC and walk to the POLY. Well, we had no idea where the heck we were going so just walked along the street...we then had to walk through the security entrance (where cars normally drive up). It was like walking through the McDonald's drive thru...yes, I have done that! :) The security gaurd was very puzzled! :lmao:

The fried wontons, sort of like a wonton chip, and salad were very good...the dressing on the salad was excellent! The wings were also very good. I was the only one that ate the shrimp...they were good as well. The only thing that I did not care about was the shrimp were peel and eat...I hate getting that messy and having to work so hard for a meal...when the shells are kept on...there is more chances of them not being cleaned as well...ya know, that whole poopy vein thing! :)

The scalloped potatoes were excellent. Very creamy and oniony...yum! The vegetables were also good....a basic stir fry.

We then started getting served the meat. I must say that everything had a charred taste from being cooked on a wood fire...I know this is how it is cooked but the taste was very overwelming. The turkey was VERY dry. The steak and pork were not as dry but still a little over done for my liking. The sausage was ny favorite thing. I guess with all the fat in sausage, it stays fairly moist.

We all loved the dessert which was bread pudding with bananas foster.

We had a good time here...my son did the coconut race and DFI said it was our anniversary (jokingly) and they gave us lais...but I would not go back...

OHana rating: B

Your reviews are good- seems like alot of alcohol flying around an 8 year old though. Not trying to judge- I promise! I've just seen lots of bad things come from people handling too much alcohol around kids. On second thought-- just ignore that - you were on vacation!! Sorry, I need to lighten up today.

Your reviews are good- seems like alot of alcohol flying around an 8 year old though. Not trying to judge- I promise! I've just seen lots of bad things come from people handling too much alcohol around kids. On second thought-- just ignore that - you were on vacation!! Sorry, I need to lighten up today.

No worries. We are very careful and most of the time we only had one drink and we are big people (alot of extra weight to lose :)) , no driving and always make sure our angel is always safe...thank you for your concern though...have a great weekend! :)

Lauren - I pretty much share your opinion on Ohana. The meats aren't very good. We much preferred KONA!!

Thanks for the great reviews. We ate at Ohana's for the first time last month . We did not like it very much. The shrimp and meat were not very good in my opinion.

...Cheddar Cheese Soup. My fiancee ate his so fast and absolutely loved it...said it was the best thing he ever ate. ...

I have already posted this on the What's for Dinner Thread and the New Orleans thread but it is worth posting again. It is so easy - your fiancee will be impressed! This is from http://www.allearsnet.com/din/rec.htm

CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
LE CELLIER
CANADA - EPCOT

Ingredients:
1/4 lb. smoked bacon finely chopped
1 medium red onion cut into 1/4 in. pieces
1/2 cup finely sliced celery
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
3 TB all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk
2 cups chicken stock
12 oz. grated white cheddar, Canadian Black Diamond (I use Cabot white cheddar - just make sure it is a white cheddar)
3 dashes Tabasco
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Moosehead Canadian Ale, room temperature (I used any beer we have)
salt and pepper to taste
1 TB thinly sliced chives

Method:
1. Cook the bacon in a large heavy-bottomed, non-reactive soup pot over medium heat until wilted but not browned.

2. Add onions, celery and carrots and cook until the onion is translucent and bacon has crisped.

3. Sprinkle in flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
Stir in milk and stock, a little at a time, blending well to ensure there are no lumps.
Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

4. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese, Tabasco, Worcestershire and ale.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with your favorite bread and top with chopped chives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter