OMG!! LOVED LOVED LOVED TMTM and You Show !!!

Chipndalenut

It's all pure magic, wrapped up in Pixie dust !!!
Just got back a few weeks ago from an 8 day vacation at WDW with my DH, DD, brother and parents. All of us thought The Magic, the Memories and You show on the castle at the MK was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE !!!!! It was SOOO worth waiting for! And, one of the pictures they used that night was of my Dad hugging Minnie Mouse :) So glad we got it all on video. But you have to see it to believe it. This show is really awesome and if you're headed to WDW put this on your list of things NOT to miss!!! Thank you Disney for yet another awesome show that we can't wait to see again!! :worship:

Yes I totally agree. Was the #1 surprise fromour last trip, I had no idea it would be that good. I thought it was just photos on a screen or something. Actually, I barely even noticed the photos!!!

Is it really that good? To be honest, I was very disappointed that that was the promotion for this year, and not something great like the GAD cards from last year, which absolutely made our trip. When we go in January, we had no intentions of bothering to see the Magic Memories and You show. But if it's really that good, at the least I'll check it out on youtube and rethink it.

I saw it the night of a christmas party and thought it was amazing!!!! I'm not sure if its any different other nights but I loved it. I unfortunately had to miss part of it since my 3 year old had to go t the bathroom and couldn't wait. I can't wait to be able to see it again. I'm hoping they continue it next year as well.

Is it really that good? To be honest, I was very disappointed that that was the promotion for this year, and not something great like the GAD cards from last year, which absolutely made our trip. When we go in January, we had no intentions of bothering to see the Magic Memories and You show. But if it's really that good, at the least I'll check it out on youtube and rethink it.

It absolutely IS that good!!! I was sceptical, too. I thought the promotion was lame and didn't expect much. I still think it's kind of lame compared to some of the recent ones, but this particular show is amazing. :thumbsup2The castle is transformed in the most amazing ways! You must make a point of seeing it!:love:

Well, my opinion of it is the exact opposite of the OP. It was a waste of time IMO. The only interesting things was the use of light on the side of the castle to make shadows like the 7 Dwarves walking. And that was it. I'm really not into uber-cheesy extravaganzas, and if we hadn't been waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the long-delayed fireworks that evening, I would have just left. Not even DS, who is uber-cheesy, enjoyed it. Not even DH, who is super sentimental! Just felt forced to us. Boring.

Well, my opinion of it is the exact opposite of the OP. It was a waste of time IMO. The only interesting things was the use of light on the side of the castle to make shadows like the 7 Dwarves walking. And that was it. I'm really not into uber-cheesy extravaganzas, and if we hadn't been waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the long-delayed fireworks that evening, I would have just left. Not even DS, who is uber-cheesy, enjoyed it. Not even DH, who is super sentimental! Just felt forced to us. Boring.

Are we talking about the same show? I thought the projections on the castle were amazing. It was a lot more than shadows.

We loved it too..way more than we expected. I saw it twice because I was holding down the fort on Main Street waiting for the Electrical Parade while DH went to get snacks at the MSB and saw it by myself before the fireworks and was disappointed DH didn't get to see it, not knowing they would show it again about a half an hour later. He loved it too. Actually made me cry..I loved the part where they made one of the spires look like a space ship going off with Buzz saying to infinity and beyond! Everything to me was just incredible and wondering how they do it! :cloud9:

Are we talking about the same show? I thought the projections on the castle were amazing. It was a lot more than shadows.

When we saw it 10/24, it was incredible! Way better than anyone had described it! :goodvibes

The part where it looks like the bricks are flipping around and moving made the whole castle look like something out of the Matrix!

Not to mention the tower "rocket blast-off scene" or that part where it looks like hundreds of pictures are pouring out of windows and over the parapets ... we found it totally amazing that something so "simple" as light projection on a static castle could be so realistic!

This was outstanding!! I have been to WDW the last 8 years and I place up there with one of my alltime favs. By all means see it. Don't spoil yourself with you tube. Just my opinion.

I too loved it. Saw it last March and can't wait to show the rest of the family next week.

denise

We loved it, couldn’t have been more impressed. :love:

It was amazing how many moments some effect would be displayed on the castle that would cause us to audibly gasp and then it stuck us that everyone else watching was audibly gasping too.

Saw it at MVMCP on 11-15, the image of Santa’s shadow flying across sent both kids and parents into a tizzy, oooing and aaahing, it was special.

Bravo Disney

pixiedust:

The pictures alone are breathtaking! I can only imagine what it's like in person! :lovestruc
picture source

9bgghj.jpg

what time does it usually show? I looked online but couldn't find the time?

Usually 15 minutes before the fireworks.

I agree with the crowd, this show was a total "WOW" for me. Wasn't sure what to expect from the descriptions of it, but was completely blown away by the creativity of the whole thing. Incredible, incredible effects. Can't wait to see it again in a few months!

This was outstanding!! I have been to WDW the last 8 years and I place up there with one of my alltime favs. By all means see it. Don't spoil yourself with you tube. Just my opinion.

I have resisted watching on youtube for that reason so far. Since my alltime favorite pasttime at Disney is castle gazing........ I'm thinking this is going to be a top highlight of our upcoming trip! :banana:

How early before the parade starts should we get our spot? I assume the best place is on Main street or right in front of the castle? How soon after the parade will the fireworks start? Thanks so much. We will be at the MVMCP on the 29th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter