OMG, you have to eat..... (counter service edition)

The BEST counterservice is the place I go to even if I only have one day at the DLR. And that is Pacific Wharf Cafe' for a clam chowder bread bowl. It is amazingly filling and amazingly delicious! And if you're not a fishy kind of person, they always have another soup to serve (cream of broccoli, etc.). But that sourdough bread is the best! Man, just talking about it makes me want to plan a 5 day trip so I can eat it two or three time!

I don't know how I'll feel about it in the winter...but in the Summer Red's Apple Freeze at the Cozy Cone is absolutely amazing!

French market really is a good deal. Love their Caesar salad.

Pasta at boardwalk pizza & pasta

Bengal bbq-the only place I missed on my trip this month.

I had the jolly holiday grilled cheese and soup. It’s not a must every trip but I enjoyed it.

I also hadn’t planned on rancho del zocalo but I had the burrito with red sauce. It was tasty. But so expensive. Imo not quite a good value.

For those of you who mentioned mac and cheese - in the breadbowl, or in the cone... Is the Mac and cheese KD/processed/American cheese style? Or made of the "real stuff"?

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
For those of you who mentioned mac and cheese - in the breadbowl, or in the cone... Is the Mac and cheese KD/processed/American cheese style? Or made of the "real stuff"?

It’s not like Kraft Mac and Cheese. But I’m still relatively “processed”. Here’s a photo.

Attachments

• 73724003-6670-4901-97E9-D84E8835F639.jpeg
    73724003-6670-4901-97E9-D84E8835F639.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 67
No one recommended the monte cristo at Cafe Orleans? And their pomme frites? This is our family’s favorite!!!

For some reason I love the soft serve in cones in DCA, and anything from Pooh’s Corner in DL!! I LOVE that shop!!

No one recommended the monte cristo at Cafe Orleans? And their pomme frites? This is our family’s favorite!!!

For some reason I love the soft serve in cones in DCA, and anything from Pooh’s Corner in DL!! I LOVE that shop!!

The OP is looking for counter service options.

I second the Plaza Inn and Flo's fried chicken as well as the sourdough bread bowls with clam chowder at both DL and DCA.

I can't believe the Beef Puotine at Red Rose Tavern hasn't been mentioned yet. It's to die for!

The BEST counterservice is the place I go to even if I only have one day at the DLR. And that is Pacific Wharf Cafe' for a clam chowder bread bowl. It is amazingly filling and amazingly delicious! And if you're not a fishy kind of person, they always have another soup to serve (cream of broccoli, etc.). But that sourdough bread is the best! Man, just talking about it makes me want to plan a 5 day trip so I can eat it two or three time!
Can always ask them to put the soup on the side and get the bread sliced and eat it throughout the day/share it with others. Most of the time 2/3 of the bread bowls goes to waste.

Street tacos at Rancho and the spaghetti and meatballs at Boardwalk pizza and pasta. And get the lemon vanilla soft serve ice cream cone at the Adorable Snowman in DCA. It is awesome.

Here are our go-to's:

Dipped cheese - Corn Dog Castle DCA
Cream Cheese pretzels - Coke Corner DL
Meat from Bengal BBQ - DL
Mac & Cheese in a breadbowl - Pacific Wharf Cafe - DCA

My favorites from our most recent trip:
Bengal BBQ Safari Skewers
Flo's Fried Chicken plate
Hungry Bear Fish Sandwich and Onion Rings
Jazz Express Gumbo and Jalapeno Potato Salad
Oh, and Dole Whip is a must :)

And thank goodness for mobile ordering! Loved it!

I second the Plaza Inn and Flo's fried chicken as well as the sourdough bread bowls with clam chowder at both DL and DCA.

I can't believe the Beef Puotine at Red Rose Tavern hasn't been mentioned yet. It's to die for!

I used to be obsessed with the poutine, but it has gone downhill recently. The last time I had it, it was inedible. The beef was all fatty and chewy, the gravy was the consistency of broth, and the cheese curds were ice cold. I threw it away and haven't had the desire to get it since.

I used to be obsessed with the poutine, but it has gone downhill recently. The last time I had it, it was inedible. The beef was all fatty and chewy, the gravy was the consistency of broth, and the cheese curds were ice cold. I threw it away and haven't had the desire to get it since.

Huh. We just had it on our New Year's trip and both DH and I agreed it was the best we'd ever had it. Nothing like you described.

Huh. We just had it on our New Year's trip and both DH and I agreed it was the best we'd ever had it. Nothing like you described.

Glad it was good. I had bad versions the last three times so I basically wrote it off. I agree when it is good, it is FANTASTIC! I have just been afraid to keep trying.

Whitewater Snacks - Nachos. Yum, yum, yum! Wish they would bring back the individual pizza with side salad. Perfect size pizza and salad = you can eat semi healthy and be filled up! The crust was very delicious. Please Disney, bring back the individual pepperoni pizza and salad combo. I think it is better than the artisian pizzas they sell in there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter