• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair" (DL/So.California TR) LOTS of pics!

My old minivan had Disney decals on the windows and everybody knew me by it. I have shown great self control in the two weeks that I have had it by not putting any decals on the new van.

I wanted to let you know that I finally broke down and bought my self an Eagles CD. My teenage daughters were like oh that's the song you sing when you are online. Brats.:goodvibes

I wanted to let you know that I finally broke down and bought my self an Eagles CD. My teenage daughters were like oh that's the song you sing when you are online. Brats.:goodvibes

:rotfl: Good for you!! :cool1: Teens....:rolleyes: What do they know about good music? ;)

That reminds me of a very funny story involving my little brother who was born in 1986. One day he was lamenting to me about how stupid the music of Michael Jackson was, to the point where he believed that every song Michael Jackson had ever done was stupid.

And then he asked me if I'd heard of this incredibly cool song called Smooth Criminal? No, I'm not making this up. After laughing very hard for a few seconds I regained my composure and then told my brother that yes, I had heard the song. Then I had to inform him that Michael Jackson sang the song.

That reminds me of a very funny story involving my little brother who was born in 1986. One day he was lamenting to me about how stupid the music of Michael Jackson was, to the point where he believed that every song Michael Jackson had ever done was stupid.

And then he asked me if I'd heard of this incredibly cool song called Smooth Criminal? No, I'm not making this up. After laughing very hard for a few seconds I regained my composure and then told my brother that yes, I had heard the song. Then I had to inform him that Michael Jackson sang the song.

That's funny. My kids who are 9 and 7 are constantly singing We will Rock you by Queens. They looked at me very funny when I told them that song was around when I was a little girl.

:rotfl: That is hilarious.
I have to say hearing your brother was born in 1986 made me feel old! I graduated HS in 1989. I remember how huge Michael Jackson was back then, back when he was still somewhat normal looking. :rolleyes1

Anyway, funny story, thanks for sharing. ;)

That's funny. My kids who are 9 and 7 are constantly singing We will Rock you by Queens. They looked at me very funny when I told them that song was around when I was a little girl.
I know! My kids just can't accept that some of the songs they know and like, I liked them first. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Good for you!! :cool1: Teens....:rolleyes: What do they know about good music? ;)

My 15 year old listen to Screamo. I keep pointing out old bands that sound like her stuff and she always finds a reason she doesn't like it. She finds all female singers lacking. Tells me they just aren't talented. So I have been on a mission of finding a female singer that she doesn't disregard as being unable to do rock. I finally found one Pat Benatar. She had to admit that she ws talented.

Ah the ignorance of youth.

Kids don't ever want to believe that we were ever young.

:rotfl: That is hilarious.
I have to say hearing your brother was born in 1986 made me feel old! I graduated HS in 1989. I remember how huge Michael Jackson was back then, back when he was still somewhat normal looking. :rolleyes1

Anyway, funny story, thanks for sharing. ;)

I know! My kids just can't accept that some of the songs they know and like, I liked them first. :rotfl2:

I am the senior citizen here I guess. I am so old. Um 1980 here. I feel like my cane needs to be dusted off and come out.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am the senior citizen here I guess. I am so old. Um 1980 here. I feel like my cane needs to be dusted off and come out.
Oh not at all! :hug: Besides, you know a cane could actually come in handy for pushing people out of your way in DL. :rolleyes1 ;)

Oh not at all! :hug: Besides, you know a cane could actually come in handy for pushing people out of your way in DL. :rolleyes1 ;)

Oooh! But no after I recovered and put my cane away I swore I wasn't going to use it again unless I had to. And I am glad to say that even in my advanced age I am not in need of it. Yay! We are going in Septeber it shouldn't be quite that busy. From my lips to God's ears.:goodvibes

Oooh! But no after I recovered and put my cane away I swore I wasn't going to use it again unless I had to. And I am glad to say that even in my advanced age I am not in need of it. Yay! We are going in Septeber it shouldn't be quite that busy. From my lips to God's ears.:goodvibes
Maybe I can borrow it. :rolleyes1 I'm worried that when we go in October it's going to be busy and I'm going to need something to push my way through the crowds of people. :rolleyes:
I hope when you go in September you have great weather and low crowds. :wizard:

Maybe I can borrow it. :rolleyes1 I'm worried that when we go in October it's going to be busy and I'm going to need something to push my way through the crowds of people. :rolleyes:
I hope when you go in September you have great weather and low crowds. :wizard:

I have a walker that is collecting dust if you want to borrow it to. I figured that September was the best choice for us because I figure the weather and the crowds would be just right. But hinestly I don't care how crowded it is I just am so excited for this trip.:woohoo:

I have a walker that is collecting dust if you want to borrow it to. I figured that September was the best choice for us because I figure the weather and the crowds would be just right. But hinestly I don't care how crowded it is I just am so excited for this trip.:woohoo:

And I'm excited for you!! :banana:

Thank you. I made our reservations today for the DLH.. We have and upper level DTD view. I don't normally splurge but if you have ever visited my thread you know why I am. It is so real now!:goodvibes

Thank you. I made our reservations today for the DLH.. We have and upper level DTD view. I don't normally splurge but if you have ever visited my thread you know why I am. It is so real now!:goodvibes
:lmao: Great minds think alike! I have visited your thread and in fact was just posting there after reading you were booked. And I said almost the same thing you just said about it making it seem more real. :rotfl2:

We could be twins. I'm another old lady, graduated 1980.

Funny thing about the pushing with canes. We got home from DL yesterday, and it was quite crowded. DH needed a wheelchair part of the time, and I was pushing. A couple of people felt it was OK to dive into the space I had left ahead of him so I wouldn't rear end the people in front of me. Except when they dive in at the last minute, then I just can't seem to stop in time; bwa-ha-ha-ha:maleficen ! Sorry to hijack the thread Beth.

We could be twins. I'm another old lady, graduated 1980.

Funny thing about the pushing with canes. We got home from DL yesterday, and it was quite crowded. DH needed a wheelchair part of the time, and I was pushing. A couple of people felt it was OK to dive into the space I had left ahead of him so I wouldn't rear end the people in front of me. Except when they dive in at the last minute, then I just can't seem to stop in time; bwa-ha-ha-ha:maleficen ! Sorry to hijack the thread Beth.
:rotfl: I love it. I'm sorry but I just hate when people dart right in front of you and then go really slow or even stop! :headache: Maybe next time they'll think twice about cutting right in front of you or someone else. ;)

Hi Twin! Don't you just love people? I don't blame you a bit I would have rammed a few ankles myself!

I just realized I never posted the pic of the shirt I bought for Adam. I think it's nice. Especially with a pair of jean shorts.

DSCF4389.jpg

Like I said it was hard to find things that weren't too cutesy. And he's already got 2 others tees that are kind of iffy, but he said he'd wear them.

I went out to the store today and stocked up on medicines. I guess Hannah's little illness reminded me I'd better be prepared just in case, so I now have enough meds to stock a small pharmacy!
Well, not really, but it sure feels like it. :rotfl:

The kids are almost done with school and then I can start thinking about packing. :cool1:

I love your boy tee :wizard: I'm just putzing along reading your PTR and I'm having fun! Got to get back to reading. popcorn::

Well, I'm baaaack. Whew! What a trip. I had a blast. I am exhausted though. Look at this mess I had to clean up, including 6 loads of laundry! :faint:

DSCF4913.jpg

But I've been working since I got home and it's pretty much done, except for the laundry of course.

I have lots to talk about and I actually took pics this time!!! 474 to be exact. Once I started, I couldn't stop. :lmao:

I took lots of food pics from Disneyland too. I never felt comfortable taking pics of my food, even though I like looking at the dining threads. But once I got over that, I just kept taking them, even of food from other places so get ready to drool....;)

I'm really tired though so I won't be starting the actual TR tonight. I will soon though! I promise. :thumbsup2

You're missing the 14 tiny smashed up diseysouvenir bags of squished pennies and keychains that seemed to keep popping up in our luggage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter