• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair" (DL/So.California TR) LOTS of pics!

DSCF4459.jpg

Coming up.....Pixar Play parade, Disneyland and Fantasmic.

Yum! I wish I would have caught this TR BEFORE my trip! Those are my two favorite sour flavors :goodvibes

My husband is so funny... i was nudging him to look at the pics of this room (he's a happy enabler of my Disney fetish) and I said, "What a great value for a family of 6! That breakfast saves you at least $50." He looks over and sayd, "Yea.. but what time does it open?? What if you have to be there for 'rope drop'?" TOO CUTE!

Sorry for all the posts.. I'm having fun reading!

DSCF4561.jpg

DSCF4575.jpg

Finally Day 3 comes to an end. Back to the hotel for some much needed Zzzzz's. :faint:

Does anybody else see the hidden mickey in the whip cream????

CHIMICHANGA Cart! Wow, you are the snack QUEEN :worship:

And by the way, I LOVE your duck and cover smiley!

I had the Tinkerbell Twist based on your recommendation. I thought it was yummy. Like Jolly Ranchers! DH didn't like it so much, so I got it all to myself. :woohoo:

Well, there ya have it. That's it, the end. I want to thank anyone who actually made it through the whole thing.
THANKS.gif

I hope you somewhat enjoyed it.

Our next trip is in October. That one will just be Disneyland. It's right before our APs expire :( so we want to devote all our time to the parks. I'm not sure if I'll do another TR for that one or not. :confused3 I'm not very good at them!! :rotfl2:

Anyway, thanks again for reading along, and in the words the famous Porky Pig:
untitled.jpg

LOVED IT please can I have another... Make sure you do your OCT TR as I have never seen DL in the fall.. look forward to it!

I love your boy tee :wizard: I'm just putzing along reading your PTR and I'm having fun! Got to get back to reading. popcorn::
Hi there! I'm glad you decided to read along. Thanks. :)

You're missing the 14 tiny smashed up diseysouvenir bags of squished pennies and keychains that seemed to keep popping up in our luggage!
:eek: Oh no, pins are about the only souvenirs we do now. ;)

Yum! I wish I would have caught this TR BEFORE my trip! Those are my two favorite sour flavors :goodvibes
Aw, I wish you had too. I bet you would've really liked it. Maybe that just means you need to go back.....:rolleyes1

My husband is so funny... i was nudging him to look at the pics of this room (he's a happy enabler of my Disney fetish) and I said, "What a great value for a family of 6! That breakfast saves you at least $50." He looks over and sayd, "Yea.. but what time does it open?? What if you have to be there for 'rope drop'?" TOO CUTE!

Sorry for all the posts.. I'm having fun reading!
:lmao:

Does anybody else see the hidden mickey in the whip cream????

CHIMICHANGA Cart! Wow, you are the snack QUEEN :worship:

And by the way, I LOVE your duck and cover smiley!
I loved the hidden mickey. It's little touches like that, that make Disney so wonderful. :goodvibes

The chimichanga's were surprisingly good. Even my picky kids liked it. I really had fun snacking my way through the park. We'd never ever done that before and it was fun to try all these new treats that you always see people munching on.

I had the Tinkerbell Twist based on your recommendation. I thought it was yummy. Like Jolly Ranchers! DH didn't like it so much, so I got it all to myself. :woohoo:

Did you?? I forgot to ask if you had tried it! That's good. I'm glad you liked it.

Funny thing is, my DH didn't like it too much either. :confused3 The kids and I loved it which is why I bought so many of them. :rotfl:

It's definitely different. Maybe it's one of those things you either love it or hate it.

LOVED IT please can I have another... Make sure you do your OCT TR as I have never seen DL in the fall.. look forward to it!
:rotfl2:

Sure, I'll do my best. I love Fall and I love Halloween so I'm very excited for our next trip. :hyper:

Thanks again for reading. :flower3:

We could be twins. I'm another old lady, graduated 1980.

Funny thing about the pushing with canes. We got home from DL yesterday, and it was quite crowded. DH needed a wheelchair part of the time, and I was pushing. A couple of people felt it was OK to dive into the space I had left ahead of him so I wouldn't rear end the people in front of me. Except when they dive in at the last minute, then I just can't seem to stop in time; bwa-ha-ha-ha:maleficen ! Sorry to hijack the thread Beth.

Two things, I graduated in 1988 so I'm old too :lmao: and second people constantly jump in front of my stroller (I have a 2 year old DD) when we're at places. Makes me jump out of my skin.

Oh and I am going to bookmark you're new thread Beth.

Great trip report! :cool1: My DS and I really enjoyed reading your report. Our mouths were watering at all the great food pics. :thumbsup2 Also, I was really cheering for your van during that haul heading towards Vegas. Been there, done that with the sputtering van thing - can totally relate to that sense of relief when the van pulls into the driveway after a long trip. :yay:

We are heading to DL next month. Looking forward to it and trying some of the suggested food options like the chocolate cake and the Tinkerbell drink.

Great trip report! :cool1: My DS and I really enjoyed reading your report. Our mouths were watering at all the great food pics. :thumbsup2 Also, I was really cheering for your van during that haul heading towards Vegas. Been there, done that with the sputtering van thing - can totally relate to that sense of relief when the van pulls into the driveway after a long trip. :yay:

We are heading to DL next month. Looking forward to it and trying some of the suggested food options like the chocolate cake and the Tinkerbell drink.
Hi there, thanks so much for reading! :flower3: Glad you enjoyed the report and the food pics. They seem popular, and I know I love looking at the dining threads myself! I bet next time I could just post different foods pics and everyone would be happy with that. :rotfl2:

I hope you have a wonderful trip next month!! Let me know what you think of the Tinkerbell Twist. :thumbsup2

Forgot to mention... I really miss that green guacamole sauce that you get on the old school taquito's. I really, really do miss it!

We have the same taste in bread.. I love it but didn't care for those dry ole tigger tail's at ALL.

Talk to you soon!

If I had any money I would so try and crash your girls only party!

Forgot to mention... I really miss that green guacamole sauce that you get on the old school taquito's. I really, really do miss it!

We have the same taste in bread.. I love it but didn't care for those dry ole tigger tail's at ALL.

Talk to you soon!

If I had any money I would so try and crash your girls only party!
That taquito sauce is so freakin good!!! :rotfl2: Seriously that's what makes the taquitos taste so good if you ask me. That day we went to Olvera Street we bought some containers of it, then had Ruben's mom make us some taquitos at her house using that sauce. Mmmmmmmm.

I'm so glad it wasn't just me with those tigger tails! I read where someone else said they loved them and I was like huh?? :confused: They were tasteless and dry, I thought. :confused3

Hey, the Girls Only trip isn't until March!!!!! There's still time to get some money together! And if you get a roomie for the hotel then it's even cheaper! :yay: :thumbsup2
Well, if anything should change and you decide you can swing it, please feel free to join us!! It's open to all the DIS ladies. In fact, we have almost 50 going so far, but the more the merrier!!!! :dance3:

Hi there, thanks so much for reading! :flower3: Glad you enjoyed the report and the food pics. They seem popular, and I know I love looking at the dining threads myself! I bet next time I could just post different foods pics and everyone would be happy with that. :rotfl2:

I hope you have a wonderful trip next month!! Let me know what you think of the Tinkerbell Twist. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Definately, I will try the Tinkerbell Twist and post after. I agree - I like the dining posts too - plus get to find out lots of neat places to eat. I think you're going to be nominated as our next official Disney food photographer! ;)

Thanks! Definately, I will try the Tinkerbell Twist and post after. I agree - I like the dining posts too - plus get to find out lots of neat places to eat. I think you're going to be nominated as our next official Disney food photographer! ;)

:rotfl: Don't tell my husband or kids that. Last time they kept asking if they could eat the food or if they had to wait for me to take it's picture first. :rotfl2: They caught on quick.

Our next trip is in October and I definitely plan to take LOTS of food pics then too. It's sort of addicting! :rolleyes1

That taquito sauce is so freakin good!!! :rotfl2: Seriously that's what makes the taquitos taste so good if you ask me. That day we went to Olvera Street we bought some containers of it, then had Ruben's mom make us some taquitos at her house using that sauce. Mmmmmmmm.

I'm so glad it wasn't just me with those tigger tails! I read where someone else said they loved them and I was like huh?? :confused: They were tasteless and dry, I thought. :confused3

Hey, the Girls Only trip isn't until March!!!!! There's still time to get some money together! And if you get a roomie for the hotel then it's even cheaper! :yay: :thumbsup2
Well, if anything should change and you decide you can swing it, please feel free to join us!! It's open to all the DIS ladies. In fact, we have almost 50 going so far, but the more the merrier!!!! :dance3:

Little WT trivia: I used to LOVE the K-mart taquito's due to their tasty little knock off version of that sauce (sure, it came from a 5-gallon drum, but it was GOOD)! Now the Kmart has dishwashers and dryers where their WT snack bars used to be. :mad:

I would love to go but we are broke, broke, broke! :sad2: Maybe next time though!

Well we are hoping the Girls Only trips will continue year after year, so hopefully one of these times you'll make it! :wizard:

My cousin has already volunteered to take my DD's to DL next summer when they go to visit. It will be there year to go down without the ole mums but YOU NEVER KNOW!! :D

Thanks for the open invite.. I'll surely stay tuned and see what happens for that all girls trip. Sounds really fun.

I finally got round to reading your TR, I was determined to do it before we leave and I just made it! ;) Sounds like you had a great time in all the places you visited, your pics are all great :thumbsup2 I'm now adding a few last minute food ideas to our already packed itinerary! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter