? on Lynx bus from TTC

december

DIS Veteran
I know I read on here ages ago that you can take a Lynx bus from TTC to SeaWorld and back. About how long is this trip? And do the buses run daily, even on holidays. I'm tentatively planning this for Thanksgiving.

The Lynx bus (#50) runs every day at 20 - 30 minute intervals. You should expect to allow about 20 mins. to go from SW to the Transportation Center at Disney.

Thanks-that sounds great. I know I have 98 days until I make my ADRs, but I'm trying to get everything in place. I needed to know how late to make a reservation at Chef Mickey's that night. I'm thinking if I give myself an hour, we'll be fine.

Thank you-I bookmarked that page.

Silly questions-I'm an intelligent person, but I come from small town MS. We don't have public transportation. So I have a few questions about the route info. There is an outbound and inbound list. Which one am I concerned with? Probably very basic to most of you, but for me.....

Don't worry.

Okay, the outbound is the one from Sea World to TTC.
Inbound is from TTC to SW.

So for example, on a weekday (lets say Monday) the earliest will be at SW at06.39am and will get to TTC at 6.57am.

So all you do is decide what day of the week you need to take the bus (that would be Sunday and holiday, I imagine). Then you need to look at both inbound and outbound (assuming you need transport both ways). Finally, look down the Sea Harbour Drive column to the time you want to go (and right next to it on the right is when it arrives at TTC).

So, if your reservation is for 7pm and you guess that it will take 30mins from TTC to restaurant and get settled, there is a bus that drops you off at TTC at 6.27pm. That bus leaves SW at 6.09pm. Then if you want to savour your meal and get the last bus back to SW, that would be the 10.18pm bus from TTC and leaves you at SW at 10.39pm.

I hope that helps. I tried to put in examples so that you could see the times and then work out your times from that. If you click on 'image' (on the link) it shows you the journey the bus takes and may help picturing the inbound and outbound thing. It just means that one goes from A to B, and the other is B to A (as you are only concerned with the middle part of the route). If you have any more questions just ask.

Lisa
xXx

I have never taken that exact bus, so I cannot answer that.

Yes., it stops close to Sea World.

Thanks for posting this information. We are going to WDW in June & want to go to SeaWorld too but, didn't want to have to rent a car. I was thinking we were going to have to rent a cab but, this is great. Being a first timer, I hadn't read anywhere that outside buses stopped near WDW, this will be much cheaper for us.

BBT up for Lou256. For some reason I can't get my PM to send. I hope you see this!

The Bus stops right in front of SeaWorld. You will have to walk across the parking lot. Talk to the driver as to where you should pick up a bus on the way back to Disney. I think it is on the other side of the road, but I am not sure. This worked out great for us in Aug. of 2005.

The Bus stops right in front of SeaWorld. You will have to walk across the parking lot. Talk to the driver as to where you should pick up a bus on the way back to Disney. I think it is on the other side of the road, but I am not sure. This worked out great for us in Aug. of 2005.

Thanks for the additional info. I was wondering how close it stopped to SeaWorld.

We just had exact change. Not sure where we could of gotten the passes.

Has anyone done this? Just curious how long the walk is from where the bus drops you off to where you enter Sea World.

It was not that far for us, you have to walk across the parking lot for seaworld to get to the entrance. DH said 2 Football fields, but I don't think is was that far. When you come back you will need to stand on the opposite side to get the bus back.

It was not that far for us, you have to walk across the parking lot for seaworld to get to the entrance. DH said 2 Football fields, but I don't think is was that far. When you come back you will need to stand on the opposite side to get the bus back.

Thank you!

do we need bus passes or exact change?

Hi. I'm a Lynx driver I stumbled across this thread by chance. You can use either exact change ($1.50) U.S. of course or passes. Passes can be purchased a variety of ways,

1) purchase a day pass on the bus for $3.50 and it's good till 3 AM the next day (no matter what time you purchase it)

2) Point your browser to golynx.com and purchase either a 7 or 30 pass online ($12.00 and $38.00 respectivly) before you even start your trip. You activate them on the bus the first time you use it. This is a great option if you plan on seeing more of the Orlando area besides WDW.

In addition Lynx has a discount for children enrolled in school.(grades K-12) Known as the KIS fare. It is $ .75 for a single ride and $1.75 for the day pass. Children of H.S. age will need to present a valid school I.D. to get the discount. Also the discount is only available Monday - Friday 6:30am - 7:30pm. KIS passes are valid all day every day. 7 day pass for $6.00 and 30 day passes for $18.00

Please keep in mind only day passes are available for purchase on board the bus. 7 & 30 day passes are available online, at our bus terminal in Downtown Orlando or through one of our many pass partners. (list available at the web site)

Of course there is a discount for Seniors 65 and over and individuals with disabilities. Fares are the same as student fares quoted above.

Hope you have great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter