"On this Day in Disney History" April 2020 Exercise Challenge

I didn't come to terms with my Watch's exercise goal yesterday. So ... please put me down for 3500 minutes, same as last month. Again, I'll be posting from the Watch data but will have to manually add the numbers this time!

April 1: 174 minutes
Normal horse care and mowing half of the near back yard with the walk-behind mower.
My plan was to use the riding mower (not tracking as exercise), then clean up with the walk-behind mower, then detail using the weed whip ... but the riding mower wouldn't start (needs battery conditioning). So, I got 8.8 miles of walking, a good chunk of which was wrestling the walk-behind mower across seriously overgrown weeds and brush. (We had rain all through March ... it was too wet to keep up!) And there remains more to do, of course. As for my Watch's challenge of 1335 active calories per day, I did it! I clocked 1566! Yeah, good start to both challenges!

FWIW, I don't expect to meet the Watch's challenge. While I close my rings every day (for the past 1192 days), I tend to only meet 7 of the monthly challenges per year. I've never met 4 months in a row ... and having met Jan, Feb & Mar ... this would be the month that normally breaks my cycle and asks the watch to drop the bar a bit for next month. The watch is a really tough coach!

EDITED TO ADD:
Aside: I also attended an excellent webcast on Coping with Anxiety & Fear hosted by Photonic Health, led by Dr. Jenny Susser, Sport & Performance Psychology training. The Zoom session was recorded and will be available for replay. If interested, you might want to send an email to the good folks at Photonic Health requesting access to the replay?

Last edited:

As a team, we are already closing in on that 10% mark. I'd say that's a good start to the month!

On this day in Disney history - April 2, 1899:

Disney Legend (class of 1999), film pioneer & engineering wiz Bill Garity is born in Brooklyn, New York. He will help put sound into Steamboat Willie, perfect the multiplane camera - a device (first created by Ub Iwerks) used to give depth to animation, and co-invent Fantasound (along with sound mixer John Hawkins) - an innovative stereo system installed in theaters for Fantasia - now known as surround sound.
"We've done things ... most of them Walt's ideas, that looked impossible at first." -Bill Garity

Tues, 4/2: 153 minutes of exercise
Long day of meetings! Zoom, YouTube Live, texting, phone calls. While I retired in 2016, it kinda feel like I'm back at work! LOL, um ... it is great to be back?? Yep, sure. I'll go with that. My only exercise was the routine horsey stuff and housework; didn't do to any yard work except for pulling a few weeds by hand. Played with one horse in the roundpen for an hour on liberty and relationship building; we had lots of fun. I vacuumed the house while attending a Zoom meeting. Unfortunately, the host would periodically hit the [Unmute All] control and I'd have to scramble to pull my phone from my pocket to mute locally. Eeeek! I hope my side wasn't accidentally disruptive with vacuum, dog barking, bird screaming and other 'life on the ranch' noises. (I had an early meeting the the same host today; they said they didn't hear anything from my side. Hoping that was entirely true and not simply a gracious response. Life in 2020, eh?)

Watch goal? Fell behind yesterday; only 1203 active calories against daily goal of 1335. Gladly, the bigger picture is month long, so I can have time to make up the gap, if I choose.

@princessfionasmom , I loved that you combined Peloton with WebEx. Well done!

We have our first color changes on the board! Congrats to Twilight Sparkle (me), sophy1996, Piglet1979, and our TEAM for reaching Bravo Blue! :flower::flower::flower:

On this day in Disney history - April 3, 2006:

The Disneyland Resort 50th anniversary celebration takes to the skies over Phoenix, Arizona with a 100-foot tall, Mickey Mouse-shaped hot air balloon dubbed "The Happiest Balloon On Earth." With golden ears high atop its head, the Mickey balloon will travel throughout the western
United States and Canada during an 11-week tour.​

Was kind of a flake on the 1st and 2nd of the month, opting to obsessively play the newest Animal Crossing video game instead of exercising or doing anything productive. I actually didn't sleep at all last night, even though I did lay in bed for a few hours before giving up on sleep and just going back to playing the game. But I decided that my lack of sleep would be no excuse today and I actually got in an hour of riding my stationary bike. It's now a little past midnight, and even though I have only had about 4 hours of sleep now due to a nap, I'm still not really tired. I thought this all-nighter would make me miserably sleepy today--enough to get my sleep schedule back on track again. But, no dice. We'll see if I sleep tonight or not!

60/850

Fri, 4/3: 213 exercise Minutes
Status through 4/3: 540/3500

As for Friday's exercise: Plenty of yardwork including walk-behind mower and weed whip and horsey chores. Took the big senior out for a walk to the mailbox (up the street) and he stopped often with strong focus on the mountains just east. Two hours later we had an earthquake with multiple aftershocks, just 10 miles away, from that direction. I wonder if he was assessing them ahead of their arrival?

I'm also back on track with the Watch's goal. I turned in 1617 calories against goal of 1335. My new Watch Challenge status: 4417/40,100.

@Elizabeth Smith , good job on the bike ... hoping you get back to a better sleep pattern.

Fri, 4/3: 213 exercise Minutes
Status through 4/3: 540/3500

As for Friday's exercise: Plenty of yardwork including walk-behind mower and weed whip and horsey chores. Took the big senior out for a walk to the mailbox (up the street) and he stopped often with strong focus on the mountains just east. Two hours later we had an earthquake with multiple aftershocks, just 10 miles away, from that direction. I wonder if he was assessing them ahead of their arrival?

I'm also back on track with the Watch's goal. I turned in 1617 calories against goal of 1335. My new Watch Challenge status: 4417/40,100.

@Elizabeth Smith , good job on the bike ... hoping you get back to a better sleep pattern.

Isn't it crazy how horses know things? I always know when tornado weather is on the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter