"On this Day in Disney History" April 2020 Exercise Challenge

Welcome to Bravo Blue, princessfionasmom and bwvBound! :jumping3::jumping3::jumping3:

On this day in Disney history - April 4, 1928:

Maya Angelou was born Marguerite Johnson in St. Louis, MO. Somewhere during her varied and busy life as a poet, author, educator, actress, and activist, Maya Angelou found time to record the narration for the Hall of Presidents attraction. She is credited as narrator of that attraction from 1993 until 2001. You can hear her narration in the video below:

"I've learned that I still have a lot to learn." - Maya Angelou

"I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Last edited:
Just posting in to say hi - no minutes to report. I've been having some minor issues with dizziness - so I'm reluctant to go for a walk. I tried to pull some weeds yesterday - because bending won't trigger dizziness 😏 . Hoping it passes soon so I can get back on track.
bwv - that's an amazing story - I guess it's horse sense!
princessfionasmom - glad you didn't get caught!!
Elizabeth - hope that you're sleeping better. I find that I'm actually sleeping well in this crazy world. So weird!

Just posting in to say hi - no minutes to report. I've been having some minor issues with dizziness - so I'm reluctant to go for a walk. I tried to pull some weeds yesterday - because bending won't trigger dizziness 😏 . Hoping it passes soon so I can get back on track.
bwv - that's an amazing story - I guess it's horse sense!
princessfionasmom - glad you didn't get caught!!
Elizabeth - hope that you're sleeping better. I find that I'm actually sleeping well in this crazy world. So weird!

Hope you feel better soon!

Way to go PollyannaMom for turning Bravo Blue and to Twilight Sparkle (me) and sophy1996 for reaching Outstanding Orange! :sulley::tigger::sulley::tigger:

On this day in Disney history - April 5, 1956:

The Bathroom of the Future (later changed to the Bathroom of Tomorrow) debuted in Disneyland. It was presented by the Crane Company and was located, of course, in Tomorrowland. You can learn more about this exhibit here.

Hello all! I actually managed to fall asleep at some point Friday night/Saturday morning, but ended up sleeping well past noon, which set me up to continue with a bad sleep schedule. Last night, I stayed up until almost 4 o'clock, slept poorly, woke up to watch church on youtube, and fell back asleep until the afternoon. It's almost midnight, and totally not tired at all, but I was pretty productive today anyway. I have an Easter art project that I'm working on! At some point, I'm just going to have to force myself to stay awake when I ought to be awake so I can actually sleep when I ought to be asleep. LOL.
Saturday I had 70 minutes and tonight I had 40.

170/850

@BonnieF Check out you tube for some exercises to help with the dizziness. A lot of time it is caused by crystals is our inner ears that move out of there normal space. The exercises help move them back to where they need to be. My sister gets vertigo and this is what she does. She says it really helps.

DH and I went for a walk on Friday and Saturday but Sunday I was just plain lazy. I did clean a closet though on Sunday but other then that i was on the couch.

Friday -- 42 minutes
Saturday -- 47 Minutes

Total 198/900

Let's hear it for Elizabeth Smith who has reached Bravo Blue! 🎉 🎉 🎉 And she did this in spite of her recent battle with insomnia - which as a hardcore night owl living in an early bird world, I completely sympathize with.

Our TEAM has reached 20% of goal and will no doubt be changing colors soon.

Is anyone missing EPCOT right now? Well, on this day in Disney history - April 6, 2007:

At Epcot, Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros! opens replacing
El Rio de Tiempo (which had closed January 2) in the Mexico pavilion.
A gentle boat ride, the attraction features Donald Duck, José Carioca (the parrot), and Panchito
(the Mexican charro rooster) from the 1944 Disney film The Three Caballeros.​

If you have Disney+, you can watch the film that inspired this ride there. And, if you - like me - are in need of an EPCOT fix, you can grab a frosty beverage of your choice, dim the lights, watch the below video, and imagine you're on the ride right now (with the added perk of enjoying your frosty beverage which I don't think they allow on the actual ride):

My mood always lifts whenever the Fiesta Hoy arch comes into view.

What a beautiful day! Did some weights this morning - 20 minutes. Then I made it outside - did about 40 minutes in the garden, in two shifts so I wouldn't be so sore. It really felt good, and I got quite a bit accomplished.
(90/700)
Thanks you all for the good wishes. It was very strange, but luckily, it went as quickly as it came on. Wishing I could head down to the beach to walk, but the boardwalks had to be closed because people weren't social distancing - it's so maddening.
Twilight Sparkle, I had a good laugh at the Bathroom of the future! I often wonder who gives the okay to projects like those.
Piglet - I'll check out those videos. Thanks!

35 new minutes today: a quick study-break walk outdoors with DS and then watching Jeopardy on the treadmill (only 20 minutes for that, though, since I fast-forwarded the commercials)

120/600

Sad day for me today, I lost an Uncle to cancer who was a big part of my life growing up. I knew he didn’t have long but it still hit hard. I am blessed to have had him in my life. I did manage to get out to the beach for a walk to help calm myself down. The people around here have been great about social distancing on the beach, I don’t think anyone wants to risk loosing that privilege.

366/1600

Sad day for me today, I lost an Uncle to cancer who was a big part of my life growing up. I knew he didn’t have long but it still hit hard. I am blessed to have had him in my life. I did manage to get out to the beach for a walk to help calm myself down. The people around here have been great about social distancing on the beach, I don’t think anyone wants to risk loosing that privilege.

366/1600

I am so sorry for your loss

Yesterday was not a great day to get exercise in. We ran up at lunch to get the new tire for my car since it had a flat. We only got in a quick walk at lunch when we got back. Then after work we ran out to get water. We have the water cooler with the 5 gallon jugs. We drive almost an hour to a place to fill them from a natural spring water place. It is much cheaper at 25 cents per gallon. So that took up most of my afternoon.

Adding 19 minutes

Total -- 217/900

Sat, 4/4: 189 minutes
Sun, 4/5: 149 minutes
Mon, 4/6: 123 minutes
Status through 4/6: 1001/3500

Mostly horse and yard chores. We had lovely weather over the weekend and we both got out there with the mower, tractor and weed whip!

Rain returned Sunday evening and is projected for the entire week. Sunday night, DH asks me, "So what more do you plan to do during the week?" My reply, "Looks like rain all week."
DH: So will you get out there with the tractor?
Me: No? It is gonna rain all week.
DH: Huh. So no yard work? What will you do all week?
Me: It is forecast to rain all week. I'll be trying to care for the horses in the dry spells, if possible. I'll be changing out wet horse blankets for dry and trying to clean/dry the dirty ones. I'll be hauling heavy wet mud mixed with the manure. I'll be filling hay nets while wrestling tarps protecting the haystack. I'll be stripping off my wet, dirty clothes before entering the house and trying to keep as little mud from tracking in as possible. I'll be ...
DH, interrupts: Yeah, but what will you do all week?
Me, final answer delivered with "that voice" and "the look" : I'll be managing dirt.

As for my watch goal, current status: 8683/40100 active calories for April.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter