On way home from POR and POP

Marsheliz

DIS Veteran
Hi all! We were at Disney for a quick weekend trip to see my sister and nephew while they were here.... We just came in Oct and will be going next Feb/March so we only had Fri- Mon and decided to add on at POP- just to try it out while it was only one night,..

POR was just absolutely beautiful. We were in Oak Manor in a RR and the pictures do not do it justice.. The theming is just beautiful- especially for you parents of little girls! The pool was great, although it wasn't as neat as I'd imagined. The pool at CBR, IMO is 10x better. The grounds, lobby looks like you are staying deluxe. The food court was spacious and had lots of options. I tried the make your own pasta and it was wonderful. We got to sit by window and boys loved watching the big wheel spinning. I'd stay here again, in a heartbeat. I was sad to leave to go to POP but wanted to save the $100 for other things... :) Ended up buying a new dress, new coffee mug and a gift for our babysitter and still have $20.00 left :).

POP was just ok to me... I wasnt really dissappointed bc I know the difference between values and mods, as we've stayed at both... But i definitely was not reallly impressed with it either but i did just come from POR too and IMO- there is no comparison.. The room was definitely, noticeably smaller., And of course, the one sink.. We were in 50's with a corner, lake view room. We had to wait 25 minutes for a bus to DD, probably the longest we've ever waited and with the values, not having the covered stops, it was super hot & sticky. I got a Mediterranean pizza from food court last night & it was tasty! The lobby and the hippy dippy pool were themed fantastic. I also got bit by a huge, and I mean, huge ant this morning in our room and it hurt so bad, I dropped my phone and it's sore... We saw another one in the room too.. I've never seem bugs in one of the resorts until today, but I know it's Florida and its the territory.,.

I'm glad we tried a value just bc I wanted to see but I don't know if I'd stay at POP again.... If it meant that's the only way I could get to Disney, I'd do it but I think my preference is the mods.. Just more " vacation feeling" and more adult like with more amenities...

My sister stayed at the Contemporary and got CL upon check in & they let us come up last night.,.. It was absolutely gorgeous seeing the castle at night from atop CL and we visited Wilderness Lodge this morning... Did and saw lots of firsts this weekend and looking forward to spring 2015! :)

Thanks! We are booked at POR over Christmas for our second trip to WDW and I'm glad to hear how pleased you were with the property. M

Your welcome!!! I can't wait to go back in February!! The more I've thought about since I've been home, I really don't think I'd want to stay at POP again... Maybe when the kids are older & we don't have to take breaks and don't care about enjoying resort l, maybe but I really did fall in love with POR.. :)

Thanks for your review of Por and Pop! I, too, will be staying at both resorts this upcoming October but reversed; first at Pop then Por. I'm sooo excited:woohoo:

Your welcome!!! I can't wait to go back in February!! The more I've thought about since I've been home, I really don't think I'd want to stay at POP again... Maybe when the kids are older & we don't have to take breaks and don't care about enjoying resort l, maybe but I really did fall in love with POR.. :)

Thanks for the review!

Thanks for your review of Por and Pop! I, too, will be staying at both resorts this upcoming October but reversed; first at Pop then Por. I'm sooo excited:woohoo:

I would have rather done it this way but we had to add on that night a week before.. Definitely think you will enjoy better that way. :) POR was just great- Im in my Disney depression! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter