Onboard gifts Christmas bundle

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
Hello 👋
Wondering what you thought of the items/quality if you bought the happy holiday bundle for your room with Christmas blanket etc :)

I bought it last year on our merry time cruise and again this year for Halloween. The kids LOVE the blanket (I do too!). Certainly a great, useful souvenir. We're using the room decor now at home as decorations.

I decided against it this year because that neon green blanket wasn't my cup of tea (I much preferred the more subdued color scheme in past years), but I have heard from past-year cruisers the blanket is very soft and good quality. The new "fish extender" item isn't personalized so that seemed like a bit of a waste (does DCL even know how FEs work? People often give different gifts to the kids versus the adults based on the names on the extender).

I love the Holiday Decorations! I got them last year and they were amazing! This year I am getting them again as it has the FE and I can use it at home later for my mail and much more. can't wait to see it in person! :) I love the green blanket looks really pretty with the M&M.

Does anyone know how long before departure that the onboard gifts shown on the website add any special items for special event/holiday cruises?

The new "fish extender" item isn't personalized so that seemed like a bit of a waste (does DCL even know how FEs work? People often give different gifts to the kids versus the adults based on the names on the extender).

See to me I think it would be a great way to start off the cruise, bring name pins, buttons or tags to put on the outside and they can be the first gift! You can make a more permanent personalization when you get home, or leave it without names to decorate for the holidays.

See to me I think it would be a great way to start off the cruise, bring name pins, buttons or tags to put on the outside and they can be the first gift! You can make a more permanent personalization when you get home, or leave it without names to decorate for the holidays.

We did have a lot of people in our FE groups that had the Disney Christmas package fish extender on our recent cruise and I found it very confusing. Nobody personalized it, and families had 4-5 people in a stateroom but only three very tiny pockets in the extender, so I had to just leave the extra gifts on the floor. And it is pretty flimsy and poor quality.

I will say I saw several people walking around with their blankets and the blanket did look nicer in person than in the picture.

We did have a lot of people in our FE groups that had the Disney Christmas package fish extender on our recent cruise and I found it very confusing. Nobody personalized it, and families had 4-5 people in a stateroom but only three very tiny pockets in the extender, so I had to just leave the extra gifts on the floor. And it is pretty flimsy and poor quality.

I will say I saw several people walking around with their blankets and the blanket did look nicer in person than in the picture.

I saw a lot of this this past week on our cruise, and some people did leave larger gifts on the floor, but I also saw many of them filled with gifts and they held up fine. We hung ours outside our stateroom even though we weren't part of any group. We were at the very front of the ship and I didn't expect much traffic that far forward. We were pixie dusted 4 times throughout the cruise, finding gifts in our extender and a magnet added to our door. DH thought the blanket was flimsy, but I like it and I did carry it with me to the movies multiple times. I am bringing the streamers to work with me tomorrow to see if they will hang from my office ceiling since it has metal framing. The advent calendar is cute. The pillow is BIG, and I haven't heard anyone mention this... it is a PJ pillow, there is a zipper at the bottom so you can put pajamas inside.

I am glad I treated myself. would I do it again... probably not but who knows. I may change my mind by next years VM Cruise.

. The pillow is BIG, and I haven't heard anyone mention this... it is a PJ pillow, there is a zipper at the bottom so you can put pajamas inside.
I guess I am not in the know. I just thought it was weird to have a zipper in the pillow. And yes it is a really large fluffy pillow. You need serious suitcase space for it.

I ordered it as a surprise for both my daughter in our cabin and our extended family in another cabin. Everyone loved it! I do think it was worth it. The blanket is very soft and we are using the fish extender to hold Christmas cards. We brought our own FE, but we did hang this one up in the cabin for additional decoration. It was fun and festive!:santa:

Just an FYI, the corners for many homes have a metal frame for the "out" type corners. We have a couple of these on our ceiling where it goes from a lowered area to a pitched area. Cruise decorations hang wonderfully from these. I hope my discription makes sense because it really is a fun way to reuse the decorations.

Just an FYI, the corners for many homes have a metal frame for the "out" type corners. We have a couple of these on our ceiling where it goes from a lowered area to a pitched area. Cruise decorations hang wonderfully from these. I hope my discription makes sense because it really is a fun way to reuse the decorations.

The drop ceiling in my office also has metal famework. They are now hanging above my desk as part of my office decorations!

We loved it this year, and I bought it for my daughter and SIL and they loved it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter