Once Upon a Christmastime! A Nov. 2010 PTR! *Update 12/12, Disney Blues, pg 61! :( *

Hi everyone!

I know it's probably weird that I'm doing an update in my PTR but I don't want to interrupt my TR, and this seemed more appropriate!

I have some serious Disney blues going on right now! :sad1: A month ago was my first night in Disney and now I don't even know when our next trip is going to be! I just want to be there again...NOW!!! :laughing:

When we were there, we were thinking about coming back in May over Memorial Day weekend for a quick trip for our anniversary, and then we were going to go to Disneyland in December. In May, we were going to go from Friday-Tuesday since Brandon only has one vacation day left until July, so it would only be 3 and half Disney days. :sad2:

Then I thought, maybe we should push that trip back til August or September, when it's value season, and we can go for an extra day or two, so then that became the plan, going for 5 days in the middle of September, and then still going to Disneyland in December.

Now Brandon has decided that we're not going on 2 trips next year, because it's really expensive to do that, which I agree with, but that only leaves me with one Disney trip! As much as I want to go to Disneyland, there's no way I can pick that over Disney World, so as of now, we're only going once next year, and I don't even know when! I'm thinking of October for MNSSHP and Food and Wine, but I don't know if I can not go during Christmas season!

I just really want to be there soon and I know I can't and it's depressing! Last year I was spoiled I guess because I went in May and November, and before May we went in November 09, so it was almost like we've been going every 6 months! So now, waiting for next fall seems like it's SO far away!

I hate rushing the time to go by to get to Disney trips, it seems like it's all I do lately, just keep wishing for my next trip to get here...if I do that all of next year until the Fall, I will be miserable the whole year! What can I do to get over this? :rotfl: You would think it would die down a little, if anything, I'm getting worse! I'm almost glad we're not going in May because I need to realize I can exist without a Disney trip every 6 months!

What do you guys do in between trips to help you get over the Disney Blues?

Awww, I'm sorry you're feeling the Disney blues! It happens to all of us! :hug:

The way I get over it is to start planning another trip! :lmao: In all seriousness, though, that really helps alot. Even though a Fall 2011 trip might be far away and you don't want to wait that long, it's better than having no trip at all to look forward to. And just think, that is less than a year away!

I found out on our recent mini-trip that I think it is actually better to wait and "do it right" than throw a trip together just for the sake of being there. Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful time and I'm so thankful that we got to go, but I much prefer longer trips where we can really take our time and enjoy our selves. I just don't think Disney is a place to spend a few days here and there. :confused3 At least it's not for us!

My vote would be to go in September, so you can take advantage of value season and stay longer! I'm actually looking forward to going in June where there is no special activities and decorations, as weird as that might sound. We took two back to back holiday trips and the thing I missed the most was just seeing the parks in their normal state, and hearing the regular music! :lmao:

Just think, if you went in September you'd only be a little more than 9 months away, and only a little more than 3 months away from your ADR date! Not too bad at all! :goodvibes

Sorry to write such a novel, here! :laughing: I know this is going to be hitting us hard after the disneymoon and I'm already worried about it!

Aww, Disney blues stink. :sad2: I sort of have them right now because as I've said about a billion times we were originally going to go after Christmas but then changed so my sisters and I could go over the summer.

We've really gotten so spoiled being in DVC now. When we first started going to WDW, we went every other year. Now I can barely go a few months without wanting to go back. :rolleyes1:rolleyes: It is always easier when you have a trip planned.

Some things I like to do in between trips is read the DIS (of course!), look at old pictures/souvenirs, listen to park music, watch youtube videos, and sometimes we'll watch the recordings we made of all the Disney shows from the Travel Channel. I also like to scrapbook (which I haven't done a lot of lately) but it's always fun to relive past trips.

Hope you get over your Disney blues soon! :hug:

This might sound strange, but buy a little mascot for your everyday life. Get a little plush Mickey or a small Disney figurine and take pictures with him/her while you're doing your typical and seemingly mundane daily activities. AND POST IT HERE! Haha.

Howard and I printed out flats of our Virtual Magic Kingdom characters and laminated them. We took pictures everywhere, and it helped with the sting of VMK closing entirely. Now I have a small plush Mickey that's my vacation mascot. I don't take pics as often because I'm busy, but he sits next to my computer so that I can grab him if I want to!

Awww, I'm sorry you're feeling the Disney blues! It happens to all of us! :hug:

The way I get over it is to start planning another trip! :lmao: In all seriousness, though, that really helps alot. Even though a Fall 2011 trip might be far away and you don't want to wait that long, it's better than having no trip at all to look forward to. And just think, that is less than a year away!

I found out on our recent mini-trip that I think it is actually better to wait and "do it right" than throw a trip together just for the sake of being there. Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful time and I'm so thankful that we got to go, but I much prefer longer trips where we can really take our time and enjoy our selves. I just don't think Disney is a place to spend a few days here and there. :confused3 At least it's not for us!

My vote would be to go in September, so you can take advantage of value season and stay longer! I'm actually looking forward to going in June where there is no special activities and decorations, as weird as that might sound. We took two back to back holiday trips and the thing I missed the most was just seeing the parks in their normal state, and hearing the regular music! :lmao:

Just think, if you went in September you'd only be a little more than 9 months away, and only a little more than 3 months away from your ADR date! Not too bad at all! :goodvibes

Sorry to write such a novel, here! :laughing: I know this is going to be hitting us hard after the disneymoon and I'm already worried about it!

Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to! I agree, a mini trip is probably not the best idea for me, our Disneymoon was kind of a mini trip, it was only 4 and a half days and while we had a great time, it was just too short! Like you, I like having a lot of time to do everything, and 4 or 5 days is just too rushed!

I know Fall 2011 is really not that far away, and you're right, if we did end up going in September, it's only 9 and a half months or so! I'm still not sure when we're going to go, I'm hoping once this free dining offer is over on the 20th a good Fall discount will come out and that will help me decide what week and what resort!

I knew this was going to happen after this trip, just like you're worried about it after your Disneymoon! I just thought it would happen right after I got home and it took a few weeks this time to really sink in! :rotfl:

I start planning another trip. :)

LOL you have trips planned for the next 2 years! :rotfl2: It's a good idea, though! That's the only thing that really helps, which is why I'm so depressed right now...I don't even know when we're going next year! :laughing:

Aww, Disney blues stink. :sad2: I sort of have them right now because as I've said about a billion times we were originally going to go after Christmas but then changed so my sisters and I could go over the summer.

We've really gotten so spoiled being in DVC now. When we first started going to WDW, we went every other year. Now I can barely go a few months without wanting to go back. :rolleyes1:rolleyes: It is always easier when you have a trip planned.

Some things I like to do in between trips is read the DIS (of course!), look at old pictures/souvenirs, listen to park music, watch youtube videos, and sometimes we'll watch the recordings we made of all the Disney shows from the Travel Channel. I also like to scrapbook (which I haven't done a lot of lately) but it's always fun to relive past trips.

Hope you get over your Disney blues soon! :hug:

I always say I want to be a DVC member someday but I don't know if I could handle it! I'd want to go like, every month! :rotfl: Hopefully I will feel a little better once I have something booked!

Those are all great ideas of things to do while I'm waiting for my next trip! I really need to learn how to scrapbook, I'd love to make scrapbooks of all of our trips!

This might sound strange, but buy a little mascot for your everyday life. Get a little plush Mickey or a small Disney figurine and take pictures with him/her while you're doing your typical and seemingly mundane daily activities. AND POST IT HERE! Haha.

Howard and I printed out flats of our Virtual Magic Kingdom characters and laminated them. We took pictures everywhere, and it helped with the sting of VMK closing entirely. Now I have a small plush Mickey that's my vacation mascot. I don't take pics as often because I'm busy, but he sits next to my computer so that I can grab him if I want to!

LOL I love that idea, of getting a little mascot! AND it gives me another excuse to go to the Disney store that's an hour away! :yay: If I get one, I'll definitely post it here!

So...stupid question...but what's the VMK? I always see you mention it and I've never asked...but I have to know! :)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, they are all great ideas, and of course, the best idea is plan a new trip, but until we pick a week and see what (if any) discounts are being offered, we really can't decide right now! :confused3 I hope you all don't think I'm being a whiney brat, "oh, I'm only going to Disney ONCE next year, boo hoo!" :rotfl2: I'm really not, it's just I think I've gotten used to going every 6 months, so the thought of waiting 9 or 10, or even 11 months til we go again is just :eek:!!!

I'm going to think of things I want to do during the year that will help me get a little un-addicted to Disney World! I still want to love it as much, but I don't want to be so dependent on it, you know? I'll let you guys know what I come up with! Thanks for being so supportive and understanding, I love the DIS!
:goodvibes :hug:

LOL I love that idea, of getting a little mascot! AND it gives me another excuse to go to the Disney store that's an hour away! :yay: If I get one, I'll definitely post it here!

So...stupid question...but what's the VMK? I always see you mention it and I've never asked...but I have to know! :)

VMK was a multiplayer game that looked so much like the Disney parks! You created a little character and went from room to room and chatted with friends and played games to earn credits. With those credits, you could buy clothes (Disney clothes, like a Jungle Cruise skipper outfit or a Fantasia Mickey hat; new stuff came out every week) or furniture to decorate your room. VMK is how I found DISboards. I was mainly on that section of the boards because I was a beginner and needed help. Then I used it for trades.

It was the BEST way to help with the Disney blues. There were so many people upset when they closed it; I still don't know why they did it. I guess it wasn't making money even though it required people to work on it? I don't know. If you read The Kingdom Keepers series, they give an explanation for why it had to close (it was done because they needed it in the fight of good vs. evil in the parks). Even though the reason in the book is obviously fictional, it does make me feel a little bit better. VMK helped distract my mind when I was feeling sick since I had/have a lot of health problems.

Someone compiled all the screens and sounds of the game and put them on a website. If you go on VMKRevisited and click "Enter," you can see what it looked like. There are no characters that you can move in the game and the games don't work, but you can see how well designed it was to look like the actual parks.

Even though we don't post here anymore, you can see some of the "adventures" that our characters had - The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja. Another DISer came up with the idea of printing out your avatar; she took pics with characters in the pics. Howard and I decided to do that so that it wasn't like our characters (HowWeird and RachelNinja, exactly like our DIS names) just ceased to exist. Haha, I know I sound a little crazy writing this, but I think other former VMKers would understand! I STILL miss it, and I don't go on VMKRevisited because even the sounds make me upset! I can't believe Disney didn't keep it going!

BTW, if your missing WDW means you're being a whiny brat, well, the DIS is filled with a bunch of us whiny brats! Haha.

I'm sorry girl! :hug: I know that feeling well. It's been over a year and a half since my last Disney trip. It's definitely hardest at first, I think. It will get better, just hang in there! I have been wishing away the last eight months, and now I kind of regret wishing my life away, but I know how hard it is NOT to do that when you have a Disney trip in your future!

VMK was a multiplayer game that looked so much like the Disney parks! You created a little character and went from room to room and chatted with friends and played games to earn credits. With those credits, you could buy clothes (Disney clothes, like a Jungle Cruise skipper outfit or a Fantasia Mickey hat; new stuff came out every week) or furniture to decorate your room. VMK is how I found DISboards. I was mainly on that section of the boards because I was a beginner and needed help. Then I used it for trades.

It was the BEST way to help with the Disney blues. There were so many people upset when they closed it; I still don't know why they did it. I guess it wasn't making money even though it required people to work on it? I don't know. If you read The Kingdom Keepers series, they give an explanation for why it had to close (it was done because they needed it in the fight of good vs. evil in the parks). Even though the reason in the book is obviously fictional, it does make me feel a little bit better. VMK helped distract my mind when I was feeling sick since I had/have a lot of health problems.

Someone compiled all the screens and sounds of the game and put them on a website. If you go on VMKRevisited and click "Enter," you can see what it looked like. There are no characters that you can move in the game and the games don't work, but you can see how well designed it was to look like the actual parks.

Even though we don't post here anymore, you can see some of the "adventures" that our characters had - The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja. Another DISer came up with the idea of printing out your avatar; she took pics with characters in the pics. Howard and I decided to do that so that it wasn't like our characters (HowWeird and RachelNinja, exactly like our DIS names) just ceased to exist. Haha, I know I sound a little crazy writing this, but I think other former VMKers would understand! I STILL miss it, and I don't go on VMKRevisited because even the sounds make me upset! I can't believe Disney didn't keep it going!

BTW, if your missing WDW means you're being a whiny brat, well, the DIS is filled with a bunch of us whiny brats! Haha.

OMG, VMK sounds amazing! :eek: I'm almost glad I didn't know anything about it when it existed, it seems like I would have been really upset when it closed! :rotfl: I'm going to check out your flat adventures when I get a chance! :thumbsup2 You don't sound crazy at all, it sounds like it was a lot of fun!

I still miss Disney...whine, whine, whine! :sad1: If I can't share that with you guys, though, what's the point of a Disney message board? :yay:

I'm sorry girl! :hug: I know that feeling well. It's been over a year and a half since my last Disney trip. It's definitely hardest at first, I think. It will get better, just hang in there! I have been wishing away the last eight months, and now I kind of regret wishing my life away, but I know how hard it is NOT to do that when you have a Disney trip in your future!

Ahhhh, I don't know how you made it a year and a half without going to Disney! :eek: And your trip is FINALLY almost here, yay! I know it will get better, it's just now it's SO hard...part of my problem is, I found the pre-illuminations playlist on ITunes and I listen to it every day before work, and I just want to be there, in World Showcase, listening to that music before Illuminations, and I feel like if I wish hard enough, I will just be transported there! :rotfl2: I think I need to cut myself off from Disney music for a while, i was doing good after I got home, I didn't listen to Four Parks, One World at all since I've been back, but I got this Illuminations music a few days ago and ever since then, I've been dealing with the Disney Blues! :sad2:

I don't want to wish my life away again for my next trip either, but like you said, it's so hard not to! I want to enjoy myself between trips but it's so hard not to obsess about the next trip! Hopefully once I get something booked I will calm down a little! :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter