Once Upon a dream TR: Intimate WP/ Citricos Chef's Domain/ Grand 1/ Tour/ COMPLETE

wow you are building the suspense here lady!! Love the flowers-- and loving your expressions in the limo. My mom and i rode in the limo together-- my first time ever, as was hers. We were amazed. She was taking photos of everything.. lol. Glad to share that with her. You seemed to have felt the same way.

Oh...I totally did! It was just this great snapshot of time that I'll always remember. There's so many things that go in a blur that day, and then other moments that just stand still. :cloud9:

Im a wedding photog and have seen ALOT of brides...........u look SPECTACULAR!!( but I am hating the way u are leaving us hanging now,,,ack...more soon please LOL!!!):rotfl: popcorn::

fantastic trip report!! cant wait to read more!

Thanks for the sweet comments :goodvibes I'm doing my best. I thought short snapshots would be better than nothing. I still have a table full of stuff that I have to "deal with" after our trip, but as soon as I got home I had to go back to school too (literally -- we got in at 1:30 AM, and I had a 9:10 AM class)...law school just moves at a rapid pace.

Hopefully I'll get the next installment done by the end of day today

You guys are all so great! Thanks for reading! :grouphug:

Oh my gosh your dress is beautiful! :love: I cant wait to read part three of the wedding. Ohh and those flowers...so beautiful. It truly sounds like a dream. Thanks for sharing your TR with us! Congratulations and im at the edge of the seat waiting to read more!

Oh thank you so much -- I just started working on part 3. Unfortunately I have class for the better part of today and I really should go to the gym too :rolleyes:

But I just love this site so much that I'd rather just hang out here all day.

I am totally hooked on your TR and DFTW, although much to my dismay I can't see ANY of your pictures while at work, so I'll have to be sure to log on from home tonight to see the beautiful pictures everyone is talking about!!

Can't wait for the next installment!

Your Honeymoon photo package at the Magic Kingdom is awesome. How long did the shoot last? The fine print says the package doesn't include admission into the park, so I'll have to factor that into my trip (buy an extra day or see the Magic Kingdom park on the day of the shoot).

For Keeps- All I can say is WOW you looked great! Your hair is fantastic! Anna did an awesome job! Your make up is great. I am going to check out that place in Yorkville...Anything in Yorkville is very SHI SHI LA LA!!!! You were just glowing! Congrats and what a fantastic TR! I get goosebumps as I read it. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Wow! I cannot wait to read more, how suspenseful! Your bouquet looks so beautiful! I am so excited for my limo trip too, but nervous about the dress. What exactly is the secret to sitting in the limo in that dress?

WOW can not wait to read the rest:goodvibes

I am totally hooked on your TR and DFTW, although much to my dismay I can't see ANY of your pictures while at work, so I'll have to be sure to log on from home tonight to see the beautiful pictures everyone is talking about!!

Can't wait for the next installment!

Awww...thanks, you're so sweet. Thanks for reading guys!!! :goodvibes It's great to have encouragement to get me writing that next section! :)

Your Honeymoon photo package at the Magic Kingdom is awesome. How long did the shoot last? The fine print says the package doesn't include admission into the park, so I'll have to factor that into my trip (buy an extra day or see the Magic Kingdom park on the day of the shoot).

Thanks! I think that it lasted about 45 minutes. You're right, it doesn't include admission. One thing I was surprised at was that Ty asked us what shots we wanted. I was like: I don't know, I guess you'd have a better idea. :confused3 But I did specifically ask for the shots in front of the wishing well and the carousel, so you may want to give that some though so that you can give him a better answer than I did ;)

For Keeps- All I can say is WOW you looked great! Your hair is fantastic! Anna did an awesome job! Your make up is great. I am going to check out that place in Yorkville...Anything in Yorkville is very SHI SHI LA LA!!!! You were just glowing! Congrats and what a fantastic TR! I get goosebumps as I read it. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thanks -- boy am I ever glad that I stumbled across cryssi's photos because without that I would have been convinced I could make my hair look nice myself :rolleyes:

You know, I was intimadated the first time I went to Gee Beauty, but they're just the sweetest women there. All the make-up lessons are done by the mom, Miriam Gee, who worked for Chatelaine Magazine for years. She's amazing!!!! The make up lessons are reasonably priced -- but my warning is that the make-up can be expensive. I had never invested in good make-up before so I managed to justify it.

Wow! I cannot wait to read more, how suspenseful! Your bouquet looks so beautiful! I am so excited for my limo trip too, but nervous about the dress. What exactly is the secret to sitting in the limo in that dress?

I thought it was nice that they let me change the colours of the roses, it added a personal touch. To sit in the dress in the limo the rep from Carolyns recommended that I sit on my one hip with the train pulled to the other side. They said not to try to smooth the train underneath my behind.

Congrats!!!!!

Thanks! and thanks for reading :yay:

About a year ago DH and I first started talking about getting married. We had been together for about 4 years, but until that point we were both in school and so it was kind of out of the question.

One random night I turned to him, head titled, and asked:

Do you love me for keeps?

DH: hun?

Me: Do you love me for keeps?

DH: What do you mean?

Me: You know, like when I was little and playing marbles at school you could either play for fun, or you could play for keeps. Do you love me for keeps?

DH: Of course I do.

Four months later he proposed along the Sassagoula River. And so it was that conversation that began the journey to where I stood as the door opened.

I know “Here comes the bride” must have been playing, because I had requested that on my planning pages. But I can’t actually remember hearing the music. All I remember is seeing DF standing next to Reverend Day and thinking: he’s so far away.

So I was in such a rush to get to him that I had to slow myself down half way and enjoy the moment.

As we reached DH and Rev Day, I was so glad to have the two most important men in my life there with me. As my dad gave me away he turned to me, kissed me on the cheek and then shook DH’s hand and headed back to sit with my mom.

DH took my hand as Rev Day started the ceremony: “The mood of this wedding is one of festivity and well-being. You are here to celebrate your wonderful good fortune and the inevitability of it all, how wonderful it is that you two found each other and how delightful it feels to love another as much as you do.”

While I stood there a million thoughts raced through my head. All I wanted to do was turn and look into DH’s eyes. I couldn’t believe how close the castle was, or how clear the view was. I tried to remember what came next in the ceremony. And suddenly…

beep beep beep

beep beep beep

Nervous laughter.

Rev Day: does someone have a cell phone on? I think it’s causing interference.

beep beep beep

Rev Day: Even if it’s on vibrate.

Now none of us had a cell phone that day, so it couldn’t have been that. I suspect it might have been from cueing up the recessional song (because I had asked for the lyrical version of You’ll be in my heart to play). My mom says that the WC rushed out to take care of the problem. It couldn’t have lasted more than 30 seconds. But it didn’t matter. I only include this to show how things do happen…no matter how perfectly you plan. And you just kind of have to go with it and not dwell.

The ceremony proceeded and it was soon time to say our vows. I gladly turned to face DH as he took my hands in his. My hands were shaking and he rubbed the top of my hands with his thumbs.

How lucky am I, I thought. So loving. So sweet. :cloud9:

When he started to speak I marveled at how confident and calm he sounded. And then it was my turn.

And with a kiss, it was sealed.

We turned to face our family as the recessional began to play. We started to walk down the aisle.

When we got to the end the door was closed. I was confused. Did we open it ourselves? Where was the WC? :confused3 Randy rushed over and opened the door for us so we could walk through together, and we were met by an out-of breath WC who apologetically explained that she had to shoo away some people who had opened the gate to the wedding pavilion and were coming in.

We had been told to wait just outside the doors in the “kiss and cry” area where we’d have a chance to get hugs from everyone.

And out of nowhere…bubbles. I hadn’t arranged to have bubbles there, and I knew that my mom had bought some from the dollar store at the last minute but had forgotten them at home. I had said not to worry about it…so they’ll be no bubbles. No biggie. And yet….there were all of these beautiful bubbles.

I looked at my mom in confusion.

She told me that she’d asked my grandmother, who was staying in Kissimmee to go hunt some down and she found them!

My brother had a great time putting the bubbles to good use, and Randy enlisted his services to get some pictures.

After about 5 minutes we all headed back into the WP to get the formal group shots and a few of DH & I.
100_3929.jpg

100_3936.jpg

100_3940-1.jpg

100_3933.jpg

After that the WC directly everyone to follow her to the limo and proceed to Commander’s Terrace while DH, Randy, Patrick and I headed to picture point and finally the beach for some more great shots.

As we exited the wedding pavilion and walked across the bridge together I was kind of sad that we were leaving this beautiful place. But at the same time I knew there was a lot more exciting things that were going to happen that day. Before exiting the gates I looked back just once to try to etch very detail of it into my memory. DH climbed into the limo and I once again managed to get myself in the limo without too much embarrassment.

Next up: wedding day - part 4 - But why is the champagne gone?

Ah! You have me so hooked on this! I am doing an intimate at the WP and I am loving reading all of your details. Congrats! You look beautiful!

When the limo pulled up to the front of the Grand Floridian who was the first person there to greet us? That’s right, Randy.

And so as we stepped out of the limo I asked him what would happen next. He said that the WC probably had a plan for how we should enter the cake cutting area. He led us inside.

It was funny, because everyone kept staring and I couldn’t figure out why. Duh! You’re in a formal gown silly! It was so nice to have other guests say congrats. It feels like you’re sharing the best day with all kinds of people who know exactly why you’re getting married at Disney. It was such a great feeling.

Once again it was time for the WC to give us the play by play as to what was going to happen. She asked how we wanted to be introduced and I explained that I was keeping my name. Then she explained that we would walk around the right side of the cake table and take our place behind it. I was to stand on DH’s left. Yada, yada, yada....

We ascended in the elevator and…one, two…..hutt hutt.

But our guests had a different idea as to what was going to happen. You see they weren’t buying the artificial entrance. They just wanted to take our picture as we left the elevator.

So as the WC was trying to usher us to the left, and usher them back to the terrace I kept waving and smiling…and twirling.

Because sometimes, you just gotta twirl. princess:

That dress was just so much fun, it had awesome twirl capability…and it swooshed like a dream.

We entered and the WC introduced us as the new newlywed couple and we dutifully walked behind the cake table.
100_3958.jpg

100_3962.jpg

The WC explained that it was time for the toast. We had asked the moms to give a joint toast. DH’s mom said her sweet words and my mom echoed with hers.

As we drank the champagne I was surprised. It was a good surprise. I mean, I didn’t expect much from the good ‘ol Fairy Tale Cuvee. But had I known how good it was I would have splurged on another bottle (for a grand total of 3). As it stood 2 bottles was just fine for my grand total of 11 at the reception. But frankly I would have loved another couple glasses. The little bubbles just burst on my taste buds. I’m not a big champagne fan, but I liked this -- a lot. Unfortunately after just one sip the WC took it away so that we could cut the cake.

Now they totally stage the cake cutting. You make one slice in the cake and then some server (who you didn’t even know was there) takes the slice and cuts it to one inch pieces. We had already pinky swore we wouldn’t smash cake into each other’s face, but c’mon…I mean we’re big people. If we can get married we should be trusted to make our own decision as to whether to do the cake smash or not.

I’m not going to lie, I was disappointed with first taste of the cake. It was fine really. It’s just…I mean I consider myself to be a chocolate cake connoisseur…and it seemed a little stale.

But don’t worry…I wasn’t heartbroken…not even really all that disappointed. I figured this just meant that I wouldn’t have to feel bad about not having a lot of the cake. Frankly, I was just looking forward to having more champagne. But it wasn’t time for that.

It was time to dance.

I had asked for 2 dances. The first with DH to “This year’s love” by David Gray. It was a song that DH and I had listened to when we first started dating. The second, was the quintessential wedding song -- “What a wonderful world” by Louis Armstrong. My poor dad. I guess I forgot to warn him. That song is like kryptonite.
100_3965-1.jpg

100_3968.jpg

When the dances were over it was finally time to get me some of that cake and more champagne. There was no way I was letting the WC take that away from me again.

Seriously. I have a black belt and I know how to use it. Don’t mess with my cake and champagne lady. You better believe DH and I finished the rest of that champagne. We’re still talking about it.

Patrick asked me if there was anything else I could think of that he should get. The time we had bought for videography was about to expire. I said no and we shook hands. He was quite a likeable guy.

I asked Randy if he wanted everyone to stay for pictures on the GF staircase, or whether we would head off by ourselves. He said he would get a few pictures on the staircase and then we would head back to the POFQ to get a few more shots before we lost the light.
100_3975.jpg

On Maggimus’ advice I had e-mailed Randy and asked him if we could go to another location if there was time remaining. I just love the POFQ and since it was where DH proposed, and because it was so romantic, I was so glad he agreed.

After taking more pictures DH and I thanked Randy profusely, embarrassed by how much he spoiled us and eternally grateful for everything he did.

DH had already placed our overnight bag in the limo, so we climbed in and headed back for the GF. We swung by the front desk of the GF who told us that we were in the Boca Chica building room 8433.

When we got to the room the first thing I thought was…a turret room. Ohhhhhh. And the next thing I did? I ran to the balcony and looked left. pixiedust:

Sure enough there was the Magic Kingdom.

But we were due at Citricos in 5 minutes so there was no time to stop and smell the roses. After a quick bathroom break (ladies, be sure to schedule these in 5 hours is a long time in a one-piece), we were off to rejoin our guests.

Next up: wedding day - part 5 - And they lived happily ever after

aawwwwwwwwwwwWW!!! you guys look so happy and so adorable. i am loving reading this and can't wait for more. and i really love your veil! you're right, the dress looks really fun to swoosh around it, i love swooshy dresses!

I just love your story about "for keeps"! It is way too cute! You look absolutely beautiful and you and your DH look so happy together! I can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Congratulations to the newlywed couple!!

A short dance for the man of the hour--- Randy Chapman:cool1: !!
Isnt it crazy how when the WC disappears... Randy takes over. He should work for DFTW's... or they need to pay him or something!! I suppose thats why they dont make you pay the fee for outside vendors when using him.

If you dont mind me asking, how come you decided to keep your name??

I am so glad you spoke about your feelings of the cake taste, champagne, etc. A lot of us brides forget to do that. Im also glad you spoke about the mishaps that can happen during a ceremony. Hey-- it happens!

I personally wasnt a fan of the cuvee...but-- i dont like alchohol either. Our cake was delicious-- you should have been a guest at my wedding!!

Everything looked so beautiful. What exactly is a 'turret' room?

I am so glad everything worked out for the two of you! Everything sounded perfect and beautiful-- and you both seemed very happy. Aww... I thought it was so sweet how you said your DH was rubbing your hands with his thumb at the alter-- mine did that too so it just brought back all that emotion:cloud9: !

Congrats Mrs For Keeps:hug:

I just had to comment on the fact that you are keeping your name, I commend you for doing this, I just don't understand why a woman is to give up her identity and take on her husband's, I think every bride should keep her own name. And this is not to start a huge debate on this, but from one woman who is proud of who she is and has always kept her name to another, CONGRATULATIONS!

aawwwwwwwwwwwWW!!! you guys look so happy and so adorable. i am loving reading this and can't wait for more. and i really love your veil! you're right, the dress looks really fun to swoosh around it, i love swooshy dresses!

Oh...we were....I don't know if I've ever been happier. Hmmm...nope.

It's funny, because at first I regretted my veil. Initially my mom was going to make my dress because she's a seamstress and does amazing work. We even had a pattern. We only went to the bridal shop to look at ideas for embellishment and to decide on the colour of the fabric. When I pulled the dress (off the rack) to show my mom I was being a smart alack because it had SO much beading on it. The employees encouraged me to try it on along with 2 others -- and so I figured...why not. I put the dress on last of the three and it fit perfectly right off the rack.

When the employee left for a minute to assist another bride my mom said: "We're not making the dress anymore...you're getting this one."

The lady came back with the veil and tiara, put it on my head and I said: "Ok...I'm done"

But they always say you should wait until after you've decided on a hairstyle to buy a veil...and I felt it limited my options because I didn't think it would look right with an updo.

In the end though I guess it was meant to be, because I loved the whole thing when I was all put together.

I just love your story about "for keeps"! It is way too cute! You look absolutely beautiful and you and your DH look so happy together! I can't wait to read more :goodvibes

We had "For Keeps" engraved in our wedding bands too...it's just so....us. I'm glad you liked the story :goodvibes

Congratulations to the newlywed couple!!

A short dance for the man of the hour--- Randy Chapman:cool1: !!
Isnt it crazy how when the WC disappears... Randy takes over. He should work for DFTW's... or they need to pay him or something!! I suppose thats why they dont make you pay the fee for outside vendors when using him.

I KNOW! I thought the exact same thing. Even DH remarked: "Thank goodness Randy's here!" :cool1:

If you dont mind me asking, how come you decided to keep your name??

I thought long and hard about my name. There's a few reasons why I decided to keep my name. One part of the decision came from the journey I went through in university, my sense of identity and my Foucaudian challenge to question tradition. One part came from a professional aspect: with 2 degrees in my maiden name and some publications I didn't want to loose the continuity. Another aspect was the practical consequences that came from changing my name. I had to apply to the Ontario Law Society in early December with my legal name at the time and will be liscenced as a lawyer under that name accordingly, and it was an issue for the financial institutions that I have student loans with if I changed my name. Finally, the deciding factor came from DH himself. He didn't mind one way or the other, and knowing me, had just assumed I'd keep it. If it had really bothered him, I would have had quite the decision.

I've also thought of what this will mean for any children we might have given that I will have a different last name and considered how this might affect them. So it wasn't a decision that I made lightly, but for me it was the right one.

Everything looked so beautiful. What exactly is a 'turret' room?

I don't know really how to describe it except for the fact that it has the peaked ceiling -- some people really like the character of the turret rooms and some people don't care one way or the other. I thought it was pretty though.

I am so glad everything worked out for the two of you! Everything sounded perfect and beautiful-- and you both seemed very happy. Aww... I thought it was so sweet how you said your DH was rubbing your hands with his thumb at the alter-- mine did that too so it just brought back all that emotion:cloud9: !

Congrats Mrs For Keeps:hug:

Awww...thanks :hug: we have so many similarities -- it's nice to be able to share the experience! :goodvibes

I just had to comment on the fact that you are keeping your name, I commend you for doing this, I just don't understand why a woman is to give up her identity and take on her husband's, I think every bride should keep her own name. And this is not to start a huge debate on this, but from one woman who is proud of who she is and has always kept her name to another, CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you for the support. It's funny because depending on the circles I travel in some people are supportive and others look at me like I have 3 heads. At law school people presume I'm keeping my name, and at the club I teach aerobics everyone assumes I've changed it. People who know me understand why I made the decision I have. I'm the first of my circle of friends who have married to keep her name.

I absolutely understand why people would want to change their names, but I also understand why people would want to keep their name. It's nice to live in a world where we have both options :goodvibes

Thank you for the support. It's funny because depending on the circles I travel in some people are supportive and others look at me like I have 3 heads. At law school people presume I'm keeping my name, and at the club I teach aerobics everyone assumes I've changed it. People who know me understand why I made the decision I have. I'm the first of my circle of friends who have married to keep her name.

I absolutely understand why people would want to change their names, but I also understand why people would want to keep their name. It's nice to live in a world where we have both options :goodvibes

And as for what to do with children, my daughter's name is hyphenated, to reflect both of her parents, that way if she wants to drop one or the other she can, or she can carry both, the option is always hers what she wants to do. It is a changing world and people are accepting the bride keeping her name more and more, especially in the professional world, I work in the legal field myself, and very few of the female attorneys change their name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter