Once Upon a dream TR: Intimate WP/ Citricos Chef's Domain/ Grand 1/ Tour/ COMPLETE

Your trip report is great--congratulations on your wedding. I had always wanted to be a disney bride--so it's fun to see what it's like for everyone else who can! In 5 years I'm hoping to get my husband to do a Disney Fairytale Vow Renewal for our 15th.

When you sign up to go to WDW in January you don’t plan to go to a waterpark. In fact I was hesitant to even think about going to a waterpark in fear that I would jinx the weather and it be dreadfully cold.

But with record highs, and a hot day predicted we decided to have a bit of a late morning at the hotel and head to the Beach…Blizzard Beach, that is. It was the first day of it being re-opened after refurbishment and with the temperature we thought the park might be crowded so we decided to treat it as if we would only be there for half a day. Read: do the slide once and move on.

I had no strategy. At all. How un-DIS-like. I was flying by the seat of my pants…err…suit. :scared1:

We were immediately drawn to the chair lift -- what a great idea, the worst part about waterparks is the stairs! So we waited, and waited. And then, the two ladies in front of us (who are dry as a bone mind you) motion to 2 nine year olds. Cut to 2 little girls cutting through the line dripping wet.

DH and I roll our eyes. Seriously. What kind of lesson is this? You don’t have to wait your turn? As I linger to move to the side and glance at them they say: “don’t worry you’re with us. We’ve been waiting for you”.

And I roll my eyes again. C’mon lady, who are you foolin’? They’re dripping wet. Were they waiting for you on the waterslide?

DH and I get over it.

Until 5 more people come cutting up the line that are “with them”.

What the heck? Can 2 people save a space in line for 7 others?

More eye rolling. This time we turn to the people behind us and we roll our eyes together.

We stand there, saying nothing, but having to listen to the inane drivel of these line-cutters…yadda yadda yadda…warm winter eh….yadda yadda yadda….can’t even play hockey on the outside rinks.

Wait a minute.

It couldn’t be. My eyes focus on the back of the man’s ball cap. A maple leaf.

Dangnabit. They’re Canadians. Like us.

Don’t they know what’s at stake here? We’re known as “the polite Canadians”. Well, to be complete we’re known as “the polite Canadians who live in igloos with polar bears.” But seriously. That’s why people sew Canadian flags on their backpacks. We can’t be line cutters. Then we’re just “the Canadians who live in igloos with polar bears.”

Of course we didn’t say anything. Not at all. Didn’t want to be impolite. That’s bad manners, eh?

Finally we get to the front of the line. Getting on is not unlike getting on an actual ski lift, but a heck of a lot less slippery.

Both of us has taken one look at Summit Plummet and said “no way” so instead we headed in the direction of the Runoff Rapids. It was cute. I’m afraid that I can’t remember the names of all the slides we did but after RR we headed counter-clockwise around the park via the cross country creek (which to us in Toronto is affectionately called the Lazy River in pretty much every waterpark around).

And as we were lounging in the Lazy River all of a sudden there was a photopass guy. He took our picture scanned it onto a smaller photopass attached to a stretchy wristband and tossed it to us. What an awesome idea!
DisneyPhotoImage110.jpg

Later we took the opportunity to get a rare photo in the wave pool.
DisneyPhotoImage108.jpg

By the time we hit the wave pool it was about 1pm and the park was getting busy. We decided to get a few more photopass pictures and headed back to the resort to change.
DisneyPhotoImage107.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage104.jpg

Next up: Day 7 - part 2: Magic, magic, and more magic.

Wait a minute.

It couldn’t be. My eyes focus on the back of the man’s ball cap. A maple leaf.

Dangnabit. They’re Canadians. Like us.

Don’t they know what’s at stake here? We’re known as “the polite Canadians”. Well, to be complete we’re known as “the polite Canadians who live in igloos with polar bears.” But seriously. That’s why people sew Canadian flags on their backpacks. We can’t be line cutters. Then we’re just “the Canadians who live in igloos with polar bears.”

OMG!! This has me totally :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ive never been to a disney waterpark-- was it cold? Or is the water really heated?

Wow was the wristband thingy cool? Im always looking for added freebies!! LOL...

love the photos-- your DH looks like a friend of my DH's in the first photo!

well, this report is wonderful!! you look so beautiful and just glowing!! What a wonderful, wonderful, or should I say MAGICAL wedding you had!! I am so jealous!! Of course, I was actually there when you got married...no, I did not crash your wedding or anything, I just mean I was at the parks that week and boy-the marathon does get in the way!! (no offense to all the runners out there!!)
I actually got propossed to on Jan 5th at Cinderellas Well and then again at Le Cellier. Same guy, don't worry...:rotfl2: One was in private and one was for my kids to be a part of...:love:
Anyways, I came to this board because I am so wanting a Disney wedding and decided I would read a report about one and now I am hooked!! Tell us more!! We are waiting!!!:surfweb:
I actually should be studying but I can't!! I have trip reports to read!! I know many of you fellow Dis students understand!!
Anyways, you look wonderful, he looks so happy and I am so happy for you both!!!:goodvibes .....ok, have you written more yet...popcorn::

Yay! I am so excited for you! You look beautiful! I love that Mickey bag too! I ordered flowergirl baskets that look exactly the same. I didn't know they had the bag too... hmm... I guess I'll have to add that ;)

I love that bag. And I'd love to hear more about the flower girl basket. Are these just available to people having a DFTW?

Thanks for all of the great info about Chef's Domain. I haven't seen any other information on it and it sounds great. I have a party of 12 and just need to talk DF into it. Your trip sounded great and got me all excited about mine. Congrats and thanks!

Your trip report is great--congratulations on your wedding. I had always wanted to be a disney bride--so it's fun to see what it's like for everyone else who can! In 5 years I'm hoping to get my husband to do a Disney Fairytale Vow Renewal for our 15th.

Thanks so much! I think a vow renewal at Disney would be so wonderful. GL convincing your DH. Maybe you can get your hands on those subliminal CDs that Disney must have ;) Seriously, I was really sad that I couldn't wear my dress again... But now I've decided to fork out the dough to get it preserved in hopes that I can wear it again in 10 years for a vow renewal at Disney. If DH and I have kids I think it'll be really neat for them.

OMG!! This has me totally :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:lmao: I did once meet a guy from England on a Greyhound bus who asked me if I ever saw a polar bear.

Of course, I said. They have them at the zoo! :rotfl:

Ive never been to a disney waterpark-- was it cold? Or is the water really heated?

Wow was the wristband thingy cool? Im always looking for added freebies!! LOL...

love the photos-- your DH looks like a friend of my DH's in the first photo!

Hmm...was the water cold? Well that's relative. The lifeguard said it was way too cold. But the water felt to me what our lake water feels like in July. So for me it was more than comfortable. I guess it depends on what you're used to. It was heated -- I think they said it was heated to 70 degrees.

I thought the wristband was a cool solution to the fact that you don't have a pocket to put your photopass in when you're swimming. Unfirtunately when I put the two cards together for the CD I didn't get to keep the wristband but they gave me back my original card.

well, this report is wonderful!! you look so beautiful and just glowing!! What a wonderful, wonderful, or should I say MAGICAL wedding you had!! I am so jealous!! Of course, I was actually there when you got married...no, I did not crash your wedding or anything, I just mean I was at the parks that week and boy-the marathon does get in the way!! (no offense to all the runners out there!!)
I actually got propossed to on Jan 5th at Cinderellas Well and then again at Le Cellier. Same guy, don't worry...:rotfl2: One was in private and one was for my kids to be a part of...:love:
Anyways, I came to this board because I am so wanting a Disney wedding and decided I would read a report about one and now I am hooked!! Tell us more!! We are waiting!!!:surfweb:
I actually should be studying but I can't!! I have trip reports to read!! I know many of you fellow Dis students understand!!
Anyways, you look wonderful, he looks so happy and I am so happy for you both!!!:goodvibes .....ok, have you written more yet...popcorn::

Oh wow...how wonderful. The wishing well is such a perfect place for a proposal because not many people know where it is and it's off the beaten path. And then again at Le Cellier...how thoughtful. It's so exciting that you're just starting the process. DH and I too had to decide between a DFTW and a wedding at home at the waterfront in St.Catharines (one of my favourite places).

I completely understand your preference of TRs to studying. I....uh...should be studying. I'm getting slower at adding instalments because law school is starting to really turn up the heat again.:rolleyes: And so begins another painful term.

I love that bag. And I'd love to hear more about the flower girl basket. Are these just available to people having a DFTW?

You can order these through Disney Floral. I haven't heard that there's restrictions. I know that there must be a contact number because our friends sent us a gift basket through Disney Floral...but I'm afraid I have no idea what the number is. If you were to post the question as a new thread I'm sure someone will be able to help!

Thanks for all of the great info about Chef's Domain. I haven't seen any other information on it and it sounds great. I have a party of 12 and just need to talk DF into it. Your trip sounded great and got me all excited about mine. Congrats and thanks!

Oh I'm glad it helped. We wanted a bit more of a traditional meal so the space was just perfect for us. It was very elegant in its own right without any decoration.

It would be just perfect for a party of 12. I also have heard that if you talk to the manager beforehand they'll print you up special menus. I had meant to call and ask about this but forgot because there were other complications that I was trying to deal with while being at the parks all day. I thought that was also a neat touch.

I just received the pictures from my new SIL, so if you'd like more photos from the Chef's Domain, just PM me and I'll be sure to send them. (They help the persuasion process ;) )

You can order these through Disney Floral. I haven't heard that there's restrictions. I know that there must be a contact number because our friends sent us a gift basket through Disney Floral...but I'm afraid I have no idea what the number is. If you were to post the question as a new thread I'm sure someone will be able to help!

Thanks so much! I am really enjoying your TR. You certainly had a lot of pixie dust fly your way! :thumbsup2

I loved the pictures in your last installment! You and your DH just look so happy together, you really make a picture-perfect couple :goodvibes I think it's great that photopass is set up that way at Blizzard Beach. Disney really does think of everything!

DF is bugging me to go to a water park when we are there, but I am terrified of water parks. The last time I went was high school and I wore a 2 piece (not a bikini, but a speedo 2 piece). I went down a slide and got out of the water and totally flashed everyone. My top had come up and I had no idea :eek: It was mortifying! So to this day, I am still scared of water parks!

I loved the pictures in your last installment! You and your DH just look so happy together, you really make a picture-perfect couple :goodvibes I think it's great that photopass is set up that way at Blizzard Beach. Disney really does think of everything!

DF is bugging me to go to a water park when we are there, but I am terrified of water parks. The last time I went was high school and I wore a 2 piece (not a bikini, but a speedo 2 piece). I went down a slide and got out of the water and totally flashed everyone. My top had come up and I had no idea :eek: It was mortifying! So to this day, I am still scared of water parks!

OH NO! That's my WORST fear! I'm so sorry that happened to you.

I have to say though, if you can get over your fear that it's a really nice way to spend part of the day. I wish we could have hit Typhoon Lagoon too. Oh well (maybe next year ;) )

popcorn:: Tiffany, Im getting board over here....:drinking1 dont you have something you should be doing...:hourglass (Just kidding)

-Maggie

It took a while for a bus to show up to take us back to POFQ, but we were kind of expecting that given that we were leaving in the middle of the day.

What we weren’t expecting was the mob of marathoners that swarmed the food court when we got back. I had wanted to try the beignets and thought it best to eat them before I had showered and changed. I don’t do so well with powered sugar. It gets all over the place.

It was packed! I:crowded: mean packed:crowded: :crowded: . But we were hungry so we decided to stick it out. After we had eaten, showered and changed we headed to the Magic Kingdom to tick off Space Mountain and the Tiki Birds before our ADR at the Concourse Steakhouse.

The idea was to get a fastpass from SM, go to the TikiBirds, ride SM and then head to dinner. After getting our fastpass there was a few minutes until the next show started at the Tiki Birds so DH and I made a pit stop for another dolewhip.
DisneyWeddingTrip979.jpg

I just love those Tiki Birds (under new management). I think it’s a funny show!
DisneyWeddingTrip997.jpg

On the way out we noticed (gasp!) Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie altogether for a photo-op. DRAT! We had to head right to Space Mountain. DH and I passed a knowing look. We’d totally skip SM to get our picture with all 3. But the line was closed and they weren’t returning until well after we had to leave for dinner. DOUBLE DRAT! We talked about how cool that would have been all the way over to SM. :sad2:

Is it me, or does the SM ride seem to be a lot rougher than it used to be. DH and I snagged out EMH bracelets before heading for diner.

As we exited the park I started to get nervous about diner. I had hmmm’ed and haw’ed over the Concourse Steakhouse because there were some unflattering reviews out there. I almost changed it to Kona. Boy I’m glad we didn’t. I’ve been hesitant to mix my dining reviews with my trip report, but here it’s just too impossible.

We had such a great time. I think a lot of it had to do with our server -- she was great. She came right over and congratulated us and explained her preferences on the menu and then said that they offered a complimentary champagne toast for honeymooners, if we wanted to indulge. pixiedust: Would we!?!?! You bet we would!:banana:
DisneyWeddingTrip1044.jpg

It was tasty, and such a nice gesture. All in all we really enjoyed the atmosphere, the food, the service, and the fact that it was a hop, skip, and a quick monorail ride back to the Magic Kingdom.

We had planned to meet my brother and his GF and my parents for Wishes. They were headed home early the next day so it would be a nice way for the end of their trip and a chance to get together one last time.

We staked out a spot directly in front of the castle and waited.
DisneyWeddingTrip1073.jpg

It was still great, but unfortunately Tinkerbell didn’t fly because of the weather and for some reason many of the fireworks were hidden by the castle. Oh well. Still a fantastic show. Still got that “wishes” feeling. Still loved every minute of it.
100_4050.jpg

100_4034.jpg

We headed back to the hotel and I went to retrieve my gown because my mom and dad offered to take it home. We were starting to collect quite a bit of stuff so we gladly took them up on the offer.

After one more hug we said goodnight and goodbye for a few days.

Next up: Day 8 - Finding fun at Futureword.

this reminds me of having to say goodbye to my family when they left--i balled like a baby!!

i love your photos!!

How many days did you all stay in disney?

was that sunday night the 7th EMH at the MK? we were there! how cool is that?!?! loving your TR, took me a while to catch up but I'm here!

oh and you asked about the GF room you had. was it possibly a dormer room? I thought (but could very possibly be wrong) the turret rooms are the 6 honeymoon rooms on the towers of the main building?

Wow, you two got a free champagne toast too? You're so lucky, you're getting so many little freebies :goodvibes

this reminds me of having to say goodbye to my family when they left--i balled like a baby!!

i love your photos!!

How many days did you all stay in disney?

It's such a mixed up moment -- you're so happy to stay with DH and sad to see everyone go :sad1:

We were there for 9 nights and 10 days. I know...we're totally spoiled. It was meant to be a trip of a lifetime...I think that's exactly what it was...:yay:

It's sad that's it's over though

That's what always takes me so long too!!

I LOVE EMH at the MK :) :) :) It looks like you had a great time too!

EMH at the MK -- that's what it's all about :banana:

was that sunday night the 7th EMH at the MK? we were there! how cool is that?!?! loving your TR, took me a while to catch up but I'm here!

oh and you asked about the GF room you had. was it possibly a dormer room? I thought (but could very possibly be wrong) the turret rooms are the 6 honeymoon rooms on the towers of the main building?

A DORMER room -- yureka....she's got it. I KNEW you'd know! For some reason I had turret and dormer mixed up in my pea brain. I remember reading a thread about the dormer rooms and how some people like them and others think they're too small...yes...that's what I was thinking of. It was beautiful! We were so glad to stay there for the night. I kind of felt like Cinderella when the magic wore off the next day...ho hum...back to POFQ we go...

I'm following along with you too -- I haven't responded as much because I'm trying to stay on top of my law school studies too :rolleyes1 I'm so bad right now.

I felt so bad for you and poor sickly :sad2:

Wow, you two got a free champagne toast too? You're so lucky, you're getting so many little freebies :goodvibes

I hope it isn't all getting a bit much...I hoped that if I included the pixie dust it may help in deciding ADRs...it seems some restaurants have something planned for honeymooners and some don't...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter