Once Upon A Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever stated that either prince had the sir name of Charming (in the show)? I thought Snow called him 'charming' in lieu of using his name when she met him and then it became her pet name for him...

The prince names in the fairy tales always bothered me... like the Beast... didn't anyone think maybe, prior to becoming 'the beast' he had a title? :confused3

The Sheriff offered Emma a job. I'm sure EQ will think that is a betrayal.

Yep she will...but I also think a bigger betrayal will be coming ... maybe even like in the fairy tale the EQ will ask the Sheriff to get rid of her...or it could just be the betrayal of the heart and Sheriff will fall in love with Emma...

Can't wait to see more next week!

I just heard about the new movie Snow White and the Huntsman. I think it comes out next summer. The trailers look good. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1735898/
This trailer looks awesome!!
There's also going to be "Mirror Mirror" with Julia Roberts coming April 5, 2012.

http://news.yahoo.com/film-trailer-julia-roberts-mirror-mirror-102826128.html
This... not so much. I can't decide if I'm supposed to like Julia or not..? :confused3 It seems kinda goofy.

I'm sure we'll see both but I think KStew's movie will be better. :rolleyes1

I'm going to miss this show tonight :(

Not sure how you meant 'miss it', but if you meant you wouldn't be able to watch, it was pr-empted by the country music awards. If you meant miss it because it is being shown, then forget what I just said ;)

Does the EQ really love Henry or does she have him only because he is Snow's grandson? Did she even know when she got him who he was? I missed that part. I ask because if she is going to try another curse she will need another heart. I wondered if that may be part of the story line.

Not sure how you meant 'miss it', but if you meant you wouldn't be able to watch, it was pr-empted by the country music awards. If you meant miss it because it is being shown, then forget what I just said ;)

So was it on or not last night? I am confused. It wasn't on my DVR so I figured it wasn't on.

I just got the new Entertainment Weekly in the mail today (The one with the Breaking Dawn Cover) , and there is an article about OUAT. It is really good and answers a few of the questions we have.

I just got the new Entertainment Weekly in the mail today (The one with the Breaking Dawn Cover) , and there is an article about OUAT. It is really good and answers a few of the questions we have.

I read it too! Really cool, and yes, the time on the clock of 8:15 is indeed, a nod to LOST.

Oh, great thread. I never get into new shows on tv, but I have to admit my seven year old daughter and I are hooked on OUAT. I hated not being able to watch a new episode this week, and we're both really looking forward to next week's episode.

I love that it's written by the writers from LOST. I got into that show in its final season. (Yeah, I know, a little late.) That's why I'm glad we caught this one from the very beginning.

I'm looking forward to all the theories and conversations going on in this thread.:)

the reporter asked these questions:( i am giving brief answers, not posting the whole article)
Do the residents of storybrooke ever question why they can;t remember anything before the curse was enacted?
A. Not only has the curse erased the true identity of each fairy-tale character, it has also left them completely unaware of how they ended up on Storybrooke. Thier existence has made sense to them until Emma arrived and the clock started. It is as if a haze is being lifted now.

What does it mean that the clock has started working now?
A. It is symbolic that now the war has begun, a battle between good and evil which begins withthe townspeople aging and regaining a sense of their own will. Upcoming episodes will have characters starting to free themselves ans acting ways that they previously has not

Who wrote the fairy-tale book?
A. That is a very, very important part of the show and one we're excited to answer, just not now. The fairy-tale bible doesn't give the complete picture of Once's world:There are stories that were not included in that book becasue the people who are the stars of those stories may be considered villains.

Are Regina and Mr. Gold aware theya re fairy-tale characters?
A. Since Regina enacted the curse, the writers say she's fully aware that everyone in Storybrooke is axtually a fairy-tale character. As far as how much Mr. Gold/Rumplestilskin knows? The answer will become clear in the next 9 episodes

Why did Regina adopt Henry?
A. More than anything she wants a great relationship with him, noting the only reason she can't fully love Henry is that the curse has left her with an emotional void-something Regina is determined to overcome. The only way that she is truly going to win is to fill that void and prove to everybody that she could enact this curse and find her happiness.

What other characters are we going to see in Storybrooke?
A. so far characters have been used from ABC's parent company, Disney and classic fairy-tale charactersin the public domain to avoid dealing with outside rights,permission and fees. Example, Peter Pan is not public domain so a rights issue would have to be worked out. HOPEFULLY he and Captain Hook will be included one day. Ariel is in the works however.

Are we going to meet Henry's Father?
A. Henry's father is a very important part of the puzzle. It's entirely possible that we may meet him and not know we have met him. Viewers whuld also keep an eye on Sheriff Graham who is pivotal in the story.

Will the residents of Storybrooke ever find their happi;y ever after?
A. Since the series hinges on the curse, it is hard not to question what will happen once it is lifted and the characters are able to return to the fairy tale workd. The idea of course is for everybody to find their happiness or their hope...but the happiness the characters find may not necessarily lead them back to the fairy-tale world. We started the show with one of the most iconic happy endings which was Snow White and Prince Charming. We then showed you what you thought was a happy ending actually was the beginning of something much more.

Interesting article. And my daughter was wondering if Ariel would be used in the series, so she'll be sooo excited about that.

I've been curious about Henry's father too. Now everyone we meet is going to make me think and try to figure out who he is.

This is definitely my favorite new show. I love Snow White and Prince Charming (I too am still bothered though about the Charming name since I think that is Cinderella's prince's name).

Way to go on the Swan last name. I had never heard of that fairy tale but that sounds just like Emma's story.

I think the Sherriff is the Huntsman. I don't like the fact that he is with Regina, but I do think he genuinely likes Emma.

I wish it was on tonight!
Actually, in the Disney Snow White movie, Snow White describes the Prince she fell in love with as "charming".

After they have all danced, the 7 dwarves ask her to tell a story " a true one."
So, Snow White starts out:

SW: Once there was a Princess
Dwarf: Was the princess you?
SW nods and says: and she fell in love
Dwarf: Was it hard to do?
SW: It was very easy. Everyone could see that the Prince was Charming, the only one for me.

They go on with a little more discussion back and forth and then Snow White sings "One day my Prince will come."

Does the EQ really love Henry or does she have him only because he is Snow's grandson? Did she even know when she got him who he was? I missed that part. I ask because if she is going to try another curse she will need another heart. I wondered if that may be part of the story line.

The EQ does not know that Henry is SW grandson! Listen in Epi. 4 when the EQ asks Mr. Gold where he found the baby and what the connection is. He won't answer her.

Love this show! Glad I found this thread to talk/read about my new obsession!

What other characters are we going to see in Storybrooke?
A. so far characters have been used from ABC's parent company, Disney and classic fairy-tale charactersin the public domain to avoid dealing with outside rights,permission and fees. Example, Peter Pan is not public domain so a rights issue would have to be worked out. HOPEFULLY he and Captain Hook will be included one day. Ariel is in the works however.

Just as a side note, SyFy is showing a two-part movie called Neverland which offers an interesting twist on the Peter Pan story, that differs from Barrie's version. Matt Roush from TV Guide gave it a good review. It's on December 3rd and 4th.

Just as a side note, SyFy is showing a two-part movie called Neverland which offers an interesting twist on the Peter Pan story, that differs from Barrie's version. Matt Roush from TV Guide gave it a good review. It's on December 3rd and 4th.

Is it/do you think it is the same as SyFy's rendition of Oz?

By the way, Kathleen Robertson made an awesome tortured villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter