Once Upon A Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know for sure that he never marries Catherine in the fairy tale world?

No, we don't. We just heard Grumpy tell SW that the wedding was called off. Personally, I didn't understand what Grumpy yelled out just before he told SW that it was called off.

I am still wondering if SW somehow told Midas that David/James was not the king's son.

Well, the last episode ended with Grumpy telling Snow that PC canceled the wedding and didn't marry her. We just don't know why yet.

And I believe you are correct :) But with this show, anything seems possible. I mean we know that Emma is PC and Snow's daughter, so I guess that helps to seal the answer too.

Well, I personally never liked Catherine (aka: King Midas' daughter's) personality. So, it wouldn't surprise me if they were working together. It makes me more curious to find out how PC got out of marrying her in the fairy tale world. Maybe when we learn that, it'll be more clear if Catherine's just another victim of the curse or if she's working with EQ. I think that the only two who know anything at all are Mr. Gold and Regina though. Although, with this show, anything's possible.

And why wouldn't Regina/EQ and Catherine/Midas' daughter be working together? They both hate Snow White! Snow "stole" Prince Charming from Midas' daughter, and Snow "stole/destroyed" whatever it was that EQ loved (we still haven't found out exactly what that was - only that EQ told Snow a secret and EQ thinks Snow told everybody).

I'm new here and maybe I missed an earlier conversation on characters, but I am just curious as to who everyone's favourite characters are? :)

I personally like Mr. Gold. He certainly has the most intriguing part in the show. I also have an hypothesis as to why he is so interested in Emma.

Oh, and nice to meet you all!

Hello! Well, I really liked Sheriff Grahm, but it seems he is no longer with us. Hoping he returns in Fantasy Land. Otherwise, I really like all of the cast. It's a great ensemble.

Was it said that David/Charming was in a coma for 28 years? They had no concept of time. Things don't have to be logical because EQ's curse can override anything. She can take hearts out! I'm sure she can mess with a few memories.:)

Was it said that David/Charming was in a coma for 28 years? They had no concept of time. Things don't have to be logical because EQ's curse can override anything. She can take hearts out! I'm sure she can mess with a few memories.:)

I don't think it was specifically mentioned in the show that David/Charming was in a coma for 28 years. We're just assuming he was because in FairyTale Land, he was wounded while fighting off EQ's henchmen and put baby Emma in the tree/cabinet right before he collapsed. He was unconscious when Snow found him, and then EQ found both of them and told Snow that once the curse took effect Snow wouldn't remember Prince Charming anyway. So most of us here figure since Charming was unconscious when the curse took effect, that's why (and how long) he was in a coma in Storybrooke.

Davis has FALSE memories of when he loved Catherine, he never did, he's always loved Snow. That will be the redeeming feature. His memories of being with her are a lie, they never were together in Storybrook.

Nobody in Storybrook really had any memories prior to Emma showing up. When she showed up, things began to change. EQ never expected David to wake up. It all happened due to Emma showing up. If Catherine is "working with" Regina, then she is probably aware of the curse. I don't think she is though. I'm looking forward to more details!

And why wouldn't Regina/EQ and Catherine/Midas' daughter be working together? They both hate Snow White! Snow "stole" Prince Charming from Midas' daughter, and Snow "stole/destroyed" whatever it was that EQ loved (we still haven't found out exactly what that was - only that EQ told Snow a secret and EQ thinks Snow told everybody).

The only problem I have with this theory is that Midas' daughter didn't seem all that impressed with PC when she met him. In everything they've shown so far, she seemed pretty disenchanted and uninterested in him. It was like she was just marrying him because her father said so. Personally, I'd love to see this story stick true to form and have Midas turn her to gold.

Hello! Well, I really liked Sheriff Grahm, but it seems he is no longer with us. Hoping he returns in Fantasy Land. Otherwise, I really like all of the cast. It's a great ensemble.

Yeah I liked the Sheriff also. Very sad when they killed him off :(

Mary Margret said he was in the come "as long as she has been working there." Catherine said he left "a few years ago." Regina says that she found him on the side of the road 2 years ago. So somewhere between 2 and 28 years he was comatose. But jumped right out of bed and walked out. riiiiiight! ;) (suspends all medical knowledge for the sake of the plotline.)

I'm new here and maybe I missed an earlier conversation on characters, but I am just curious as to who everyone's favourite characters are? :)

I personally like Mr. Gold. He certainly has the most intriguing part in the show. I also have an hypothesis as to why he is so interested in Emma.

Nice to meet you :). I love Mr. Gold too, and the more I watch the show, the more I think he is kind of a tragic Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader character rather than a true villain. I also loved Graham (for the obvious female viewer reasons :thumbsup2), but I also loved the fact that he figured things out so early on. And I actually really love Henry. He's a really smart kid in my book.

Nice to meet you :). I love Mr. Gold too, and the more I watch the show, the more I think he is kind of a tragic Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader character rather than a true villain. I also loved Graham (for the obvious female viewer reasons :thumbsup2), but I also loved the fact that he figured things out so early on. And I actually really love Henry. He's a really smart kid in my book.

Nice to meet you too! Another Canuck I see :)
Yup Graham was nice on the eyes hehe. I love Snow/Mary Margaret too. I enjoy her acting in general. She was my fav character in TV show Big Love.
I agree with what you said regarding Mr. Gold. He loved his son too much to be true evil. There's a heart in there but I think he will continue to be evil until he gets what he wants in the end. And we all must admit that Mr. Gold has a plan... a very very very well thought out plan.

I like the bad guys.

I love Rumplestilskin. I get excited whenever he shows up in Fairyland because I know things are about to get interesting. His alter ego, Mr. Gold, is amazing, too.

I also like the Evil Queen. I don't like Regina so much but the EQ is just delicious and her outfits are to die for!

And Henry. Neat kid. I cant wait till everyone sees he isn't crazy after all.

I can't wait to learn more about Red/Ruby and the dwarfs. I'll bet they have great backstories!:thumbsup2

No, we don't. We just heard Grumpy tell SW that the wedding was called off. Personally, I didn't understand what Grumpy yelled out just before he told SW that it was called off.

I am still wondering if SW somehow told Midas that David/James was not the king's son.

I think Grumpy's lost love is Kathryn...

Raphael Sbarge (Mr Hopper) posted this pic on Twitter. Love Snow's red bow.

Hmmm, link isn't working. The Dis Boards have been quirky in the mornings. I'll try again later.

Do we know for sure that he never marries Catherine in the fairy tale world?

Well... since he was supposed to give his mother's ring to the woman he marries... and since we know Snow is wearing it, I would think it's fairly certain that he never married Catherine (otherwise SHE'D have the ring).

And I would LOVE to hear your hypothesis!!!!

(Nice to meet you too! :) )

I almost wish the show wasn't on Sunday nights.... I HATE wishing for Sunday nights! ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean!. It's just so wrong, lol.

Well... since he was supposed to give his mother's ring to the woman he marries... and since we know Snow is wearing it, I would think it's fairly certain that he never married Catherine (otherwise SHE'D have the ring).

Wasn't the ring a symbol of true love?

I keep wondering where that dagger is... I know someone said it earlier - but we need to work on a time line!

The previous "dark one" clearly wanted to be free of the control of the dagger because he was being used for horrible purposes (can you imagine having to torture a parent for trying to stop someone from taking their teenage daughter). Rumple has been very honest with everyone he interacts with as far as the price of magic - but he also has no qualms waving temptation under their noses. I love him but I would still like to know why he blasted Cinderella's Fairy Godmother to bits.

Maybe the show will end with some sort of course-correction...

One thing that bothers me about the writers from LOST is that they LOVED writing amazing wonderful characters that you fell in love with and then abruptly killing them... They did that with Graham and I am hoping that they won't do it as often as they did in LOST.

I had just gotten done telling my husband that MM and David can't kiss for ages because when they kiss they will remember and it is awfully early in the series for that to happen and then WHAM they lock lips! This makes me wonder if the potion that Snow took in FL had some after effect. Also - maybe the Queen took extra precautions with this curse because her other curse had been broken with 'a simple kiss'.

As far as Charming not marrying Midas's daughter... I was think about this and something must have happened to the king. Charming was still royalty when he and Snow wed. The king was no where that I could see at their wedding. Did any of the soldiers survive when Charming slayed the dragon? Perhaps he won their loyalty and the guards helped over throw the king. Maybe the king decided to go ahead and kill Charming because he thought he was not reliable and used the excuses he gave Snow... Maybe the guards caught wind of it and helped Charming. OR maybe Midas's daughter was in love with someone else and she and Charming realized both their hearts belonged to other people and the two of them worked together to overthrow the king...

Did any of that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter