One day bridge to add onto our reservation. What would you do?

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
we have decided to stay one week (7 days) instead of 6 days in December. The issue is peak DVC season, specifically Dec 6-7. We have a 2bd std at BWV for the subsequent 6 days.

My sibling and her family are staying only the original 6 days. So we don't need a 2bd on the "bridge day"- a studio is fine.

I have two choices right now- SSR preferred studio or a room at yatch club (with discount so it's under $300pn). What would you do?

Ive waitlisted boardwalk std studio for that one day. How likely do you think we might get that day (dec 6)since it's just one day?

Otherwise what would you do? SSR preferred studio for one night or a discounted cash room at yatch club for one night?

Any advice appreciated. Thank you!

Book both the SSR and YC rooms. Stalk the boards.

If BWV or something comes up, cancel Both. If not, you can decide later which to keep.

That keeps your options open.

My recommendation take one or the other of SSR or YC now so that you have something and continue to hope your waitlist for BWV comes through.

you can have 2 waitlists, so use the 2nd for a BW studio pool/garden view (more likely to come thru than standard view). then do as others suggested above

I'd book one of the rooms now, so you have something. Then waitlist for both and stalk as often as possible. I'd say your chances are good that you'll get the extra night, since you need only one night. We've had great success with waitlists and stalking... got everything I wanted for my November trip. Good luck!

I think I'd go with SSR. It gives a chance to check out Christmas decor at DS easily and I always like using what is already paid for unless you have some other specified use for the points.

Waitlist BWV and book SSW. I would never pay out of pocket when I had points I could be using. You can also plan that day as your disney springs day.

Thx! Right now I've booked both SSR studio preferred and a room at yatch club. Hoping something at BCV or BWV comes up.

We only have until September 30, when we need to roll over points. Leaning towards yatch club so that we don't have to have Disney transport all our luggage (we could just lug it over at checkout time and put it downstairs at boardwalk). It also gives us the oppprtunity to finally experience the pool....

Thx everyone!!

If it's under $300, I'd take Yacht Club. New experience and you get the pool and it's nearby. You can have your stuff transferred and/or just roll on down the Boardwalk to your one night stand.

If money is an issue than go for using points.

I had this come up one time, we had 6 nights at BWV but needed to arrive a day early to get frequent flyer plane tickets. I didn't have enough points to add a night. I got a cash room at BWI with an AP discount. It made the transfer easy, our room wasn't ready in the morning so I had bell services pickup the luggage and put it into storage, then deliver it to the BWV room when it was ready.

Update: my one night waitlist for either BCV/BWV came through!

Just cancelled my yacht club cash discount room. The SSR has been replaced.

I got BCV studio!

I waitlisted a BWV std room just in case. That 30% point difference (10 vs 15pts) just bugs me, lol. If it doesn't come through by September 30, my banking date, then to BCV we shall stay on December 6!

So stoked!!

Update: my one night waitlist for either BCV/BWV came through!

Just cancelled my yacht club cash discount room. The SSR has been replaced.

I got BCV studio!

I waitlisted a BWV std room just in case. That 30% point difference (10 vs 15pts) just bugs me, lol. If it doesn't come through by September 30, my banking date, then to BCV we shall stay on December 6!

So stoked!!
Great, I'd rewait list for BWV standard so you'd be at the same resort and might not have to change rooms on the change day. Don't forget you can get the DP for the one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter