• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One day park prices going up tomorrow

They never make price changes retroactive. In fact, many of the wholesalers can sell the tickets they have for the old price until they run out.

Does that apply for when you book a package before price increase but not PIF? I know this price increase doesn't apply to package and multi-day tickets. But when they raise prices in general, does it affect reservations that includes tickets but are not paid in full?

Does that apply for when you book a package before price increase but not PIF? I know this price increase doesn't apply to package and multi-day tickets. But when they raise prices in general, does it affect reservations that includes tickets but are not paid in full?

In the past I was told that as long as you don't make additional changes to your package the old ticket price stays in effect.

Thanks for the heads up. I had been waiting to order tickets but I pulled the trigger from UT just to be sure to lock in before the increase.

Wow, ballsy with all of the issues going on right now. I don't see this being a good thing for them but only time will tell.

Unfortunately as of now on Disney website looks like all tickets went up including multiday tickets and annual passes... Undercovered Tourist still has old prices.

The Mine Train must finally be ready to go.

Oy.

Now instead of saying I'm getting less for my money, I'll have to say I'm getting less for even more money.

I wonder if you were to ask for an itemized receipt, if you would see the cost of the actual ticket be the same, but beneath it see a line item that reads:

FP+ surcharge: $5.00

Does not say anything about season's passes, but I am soooooo glad I got mine early. ;)

Wondering if this will also affect the Annual pass price??

Annual Pass prices went up also.

FL Resident & DVC Member Pricing effective 2/23/2014:
Annual Pass:
New $485 plus tax ($21 increase)
Renewal $409 plus tax ($15 increase)

Premium Annual Pass:
New $605 plus tax ($21 increase)
Renewal $509 plus tax ($15 increase)
DVC PAP PROMO until 4/30 $484 plus tax

Annual Pass prices went up also.

FL Resident & DVC Member Pricing effective 2/23/2014:
Annual Pass:
New $485 plus tax ($21 increase)
Renewal $409 plus tax ($15 increase)

Premium Annual Pass:
New $605 plus tax ($21 increase)
Renewal $509 plus tax ($15 increase)
DVC PAP PROMO until 4/30 $484 plus tax

Regular AP prices:

New $634 plus tax
Renewal ?

Premium AP:

New $754 plus tax
Renewal ?

So FL Residents/DVC members save $149 on a new AP's. The DVC promo PAP is now $270 off.

Is attendance down this year so far to necessitate a price increase?
On the most recent earnings call, they said that WDW had record first-quarter attendance.
http://**************.net/2014/02/0...-2014-implications-of-todays-disney-earnings/

If people are knocking down your doors, you're foolish not to raise prices...

On the most recent earnings call, they said that WDW had record first-quarter attendance.
http://**************.net/2014/02/0...-2014-implications-of-todays-disney-earnings/

If people are knocking down your doors, you're foolish not to raise prices...

Exactly! And they're learning they don't have capacity to support the new FP+ system.

Glad we renewed (and purchased a new ticket for DS) quick last night...

Before Price Increase:
New FL res AP- $494.16 (includes tax)
Renewal- $419.61

Price after increase:
New Pass- $516.53 (includes Tax)
Renewal $435.59

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter