One Happy Dog Family Lands it for Halloween -- 12/29 final post and MVMCP link!!!

Just playing catch up on your TR today & realized I missed your sendoff! Hope you are having a blast! :goodvibes

Loving your TR so far! :thumbsup2

Oh I will have that hot chocolate for sure! But what I really want is the peppermint icecream hot chocolate float!! or at least the peppermint icecream!!!

Oh, that sounds so delicious! I bought Edy's Peppermint ice cream this weekend, and we had it in waffle bowls last night with a big mound of whipped cream!

Already having fun! I am sitting in our room right now, getting ready to head around on a resort tour to see the decorations! :goodvibes Pool side yesterday, a bit more cloudy today, hoping it will burn off. Still, low 80s can't complain!

Yeay! The resorts are always so pretty!

Okay, okay, I caved. Well, the legos were 50% and 40% off!!!! I had these Borders rewards coupons and so since they were on the "list" you know THE LIST, ;) :santa: I couldn't ignore them... so too was that dag gum pillow pet... :headache: Hopefully they have a better pillow pet styled animal here and I can get that instead... :laughing:

Yep, it's hard to ignore the list. :rolleyes:

I missed your send off....again! I hope you are enjoying yourself. Its fun reading about your California Adventure and looking forward to hearing about the xmas decorations in Florida!

Well, I am back! :santa: Disneyworld Christmas. NOTHING like it :cloud9:

So much fun for a three day trip!!!! :yay: My DH is the best. :hug:

Can't wait to tell you all about it!

I am running tests for the 8th grade applicants for my school program tomorrow and sunday, but hope to squeeze in the final Disneyland update (and a peek into the Four Seasons and Lego land) this weekend! I am anxious to give you my Disney Christmas update!!

AND I am sure Jen is beyond excited to take a ride on the Disneyland HM with the Jack Skellington overlay!!! :laughing:

:surfweb:

Coming your way! :thumbsup2

Boo to YOU, DAY, TWO! :yay:

Yeah, that was a bad rhyme…. :laughing:

So this morning, we all woke up, got into our Halloween gear, and headed out the door for a ropedrop of 7am… YEP, we did it! :thumbsup2 I had to get us to Disneyland on time for that early morning entrance b/c we had to go back and check out at 11am.

These two photos of the entrance gate are from when we came back into the park at noon, but either the pics I took when we first arrived that morning were deleted, or, I didn’t take any!! LOL! Too excited I guess!
Notice even in the afternoon, hardly anyone was there.

Dland2010114.jpg

Dland2010115.jpg

I caught this as we went under the rail station and onto Main Street. I think these are at WDW too?

Dland2010116.jpg

And of course a very, very busy Main Street…:rolleyes1 Some of these are blurry but I wanted to share the experience wih you.

Dland2010001.jpg

Dland2010002.jpg

Dland2010003.jpg

Dland2010004.jpg

Dland2010005.jpg

Dland2010006.jpg

Dland2010007.jpg

Dland2010113.jpg

Great decorations, as I would have expected!

We were headed to a very specific location in Tomorrowland… the Halloween overlay at Space Mountain! :yay:

More in the next post! Coming UP!

Welcome home! Good luck with administering the tests this weekend, and I am looking forward to all the upcoming updates! :santa:

Well I am going to slide a few in this week! I have to get started with my holiday fun!!! :santa:

Seeing the October photos made me smile. :goodvibes

Can't wait!! :surfweb:

Welcome back!
Can't wait for the next update :goodvibes

Welcome home!!! Looking forward to your update :flower3:

Tracy

Here is the start of our Halloween day adventure! :thumbsup2

So we moved fast through Main Street, because for this early extra hour, we were headed to a very specific location in Tomorrowland!

SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!! Here is the Astro Orbiter, though, as we walked by... it is not something you ride an elevator to get to....

Dland2010008.jpg

Dland2010009.jpg

Dland2010010.jpg

I don’t like thinking about these queues in the summer!!! :scared1:

Dland2010011.jpg

Dland2010012.jpg

Needless to say I didn't take pics once inside, but after Space, we headed to another childhood favorite, which can get crowded, apparently, because it is a slow loading ride. BUT in our case, we had the submarine to ourselves!!! :laughing:

Submarine ride with Nemo, here we come!

Dland2010036.jpg

I guess this is how imagineers take something “old” and refurbish with a new twist… for of course the submarines were now exploring the story and characters in Nemo, complete with the Australian narrator explaining everything…

Dland2010014.jpg

Dland2010016.jpg

Dland2010017.jpg

Dland2010018.jpg

Dland2010019.jpg

Dland2010021.jpg

Dland2010022.jpg

Dland2010023.jpg

My kids really loved it. Noses pressed to the glass the entire time! :goodvibes

once we emerged from the depths, we had another old Disneyland favorite in mind – the Matterhorn!! Old but still as rough as I recall! :laughing: Very bumpy, but DH and DS8 really enjoyed it. The little one wanted NOTHING to do with it….

Dland2010025.jpg

Dland2010027.jpg

Dland2010028.jpg

Dland2010026.jpg

We did a rider swap essentially, so DS8 rode it twice. It was still very early, and no one was there! A very slow start and we were glad for it!

Next up, the race track... but I am afraid you will have to wait until later in the week!

Oh my gosh, the Matterhorn! What a blast from the past!!! Shocker has been known to ask CMs at WDW where the Matterhorn is....:laughing:
The boys (all three) seemed to be enjoying the submarine voyage!
Waiting for more!

How cool you got a submarine all to yourself! I can't get over the lack of crowds. Holy cow!!!

Love the Halloween character decorations over their turnstiles at the entrance. Too cute. They should bring those to FL somehow!

Hi there! Well I have about four posts worth of text and pic links ready to upload and I will do them tomorrow or tonight, depending on the time! :thumbsup2 BUT, here is some fun news...

1. We were able to get a Vero 1 bedroom villa for the five nights after our 5 night Dream Cruise in June!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: I was very excited. I am really looking forward to the stay.

2. My 3rd grade DS, is in the school play (mostly 4th and 5th graders -- only 3 third graders signed up!) The play is Disney's Aristocats. My son got the part of Tolouse! One of the three kittens. The "tough" one. It makes me laugh, but it will be a lot of fun. There are 40 kids signed up, so I was really proud of him for getting a named part and a part with singing and lines! Not bad for being the youngest! So I guess I will be buying that DVD! :laughing:

More to come! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, the Matterhorn! What a blast from the past!!! Shocker has been known to ask CMs at WDW where the Matterhorn is....:laughing:
The boys (all three) seemed to be enjoying the submarine voyage!
Waiting for more!

Oh I had completely forgotten about the Matterhorn, actually! SO it was fun to remember this ride... That is funny he thought it was in WDW!

The submarine was really cool.. I vaguely recalled being on it when I was last at Disneyland when I was 23, but it was neat to see how the reimagined it.

How cool you got a submarine all to yourself! I can't get over the lack of crowds. Holy cow!!!

Love the Halloween character decorations over their turnstiles at the entrance. Too cute. They should bring those to FL somehow!

Yes, it was wild that no one was there early. It got "more crowded"... I think people did what we did for our MVMCP, because it was a MNSSHP that evening at Disneyland, and so people may have purchased event tickets, and came for that... which worked for our advantage of course, earlier in the day. We were pleased with the fact we didn't have crowds. :thumbsup2

The halloween decor was adorable, and yes, it should be at WDW, too! Why not! Though it might be because the entrance in not as "public" as it is in Disneyland... the entrances are in that main plaza which spills right into DTD there...

I declared that I have had enough with making copies, grading, and creating final exams for the day, so I came to play on the DIS. :goodvibes

The character pumpkins at Disneyland's entrance are very cute!

I cannot believe how empty Disneyland looks! :eek:

It is so interesting to see the differences between the MK and DL like seeing Sleeping Beauty's castle at the end of Main Street and the Astro Orbiter on the ground.

Oh my goodness! I remember being like your boys with my nose pressed to the glass during the submarine ride!

Hurray for the one-bedroom and your DS getting a part in the Aristocats! :woohoo:

Just wanted to stop by and say

Happy Birthday!!!

party::bday:party::bday:party::bday:[/CENTER]

Have a wonderful day HD!!!! :hug:

Now I will go back and catch up....again ;)

Tracy

It is your b-day? Well, happy day, happydog! We need to get hooked up on FB b/c that is the only way I can keep track of these things. Hope it's a great day!! :goodvibes

I didn't know it was your birthday yesterday! I guess that's what I get for not being on the computer! :(

At any rate...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!! :cheer2:

Hope you had a wonderful one!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter