One perk I wish I had as a DVC member is....

I so agree with Doubletrouble, especially the free internet feature. One that I would like to add is being able to use a purchasing discount at other then WoD. I am a big pin nut and would surely appreciate being able to purchase my pins at a discount(lol).

:woohoo:

Seems like everyone wants a nice discount on regular MYW tickets. I would like that too. I'd also like to get something during those "Free Dining" times. Maybe 20-50% off of the DDP during that time. This is just a wish list. I do appreciate all of the perks we do get already.

I haven't been so lucky to stay anywhere that has had free internet yet. Have you stayed anywhere besides Marriotts that has this? I usually stay at Hiltons and as of my last stay in October they were still charging for internet access.

I've got free internet at every Best Western I've stayed at over the past 2 years.

Seems like everyone wants a nice discount on regular MYW tickets. I would like that too. I'd also like to get something during those "Free Dining" times. Maybe 20-50% off of the DDP during that time. This is just a wish list. I do appreciate all of the perks we do get already.

Good point... a limited time discount on tickets or dining or even a short term DDE membership for those times of the year its easy to get into DVC might encourage members to come then and not during more popular times.

Was appliance shopping and came up with another idea. Instead of just the fridge how about a stove top & fridge combination? The only problem is that when they break I don't know how hard it would be to replace them.

Considering that for adults the discounted AP is less than your 10 day MYW no expiration hopper pass, why would you not buy the AP. Even if you don't use it again during the next 365 days you still save some on each ticket.
If you can use it again before it expires you are saving huge amounts over MYW tickets. Even if we only go once a year we do stagger our trips so that our last day of the second trip is the day our tickets expire.

If you are buying any MYW base ticket over 5 days with hopper and non expiring, you are paying more than the AP with DVC discount.

However if you are saying you only go to Disney for 4-5 days each trip and those trips are spaced further apart than 365 days; then no the AP won't work for you.

But I imagine you are not the norm for most DVC and most are going much more often in 365 days, hence the reason to discount an AP for them. We go for 2 weeks each trip and each trip is within the 365 days so for us it is a huge savings and we were thrilled to get it.

Also many times due to having tickets we will throw in a 5 day unplanned stay in between.
Your points are all well taken for most years, but occasionally we will hit a year when we don't get a lot of WDW time. This year we bought an AP and will definatly save. Some years we make fewer visits to the parks. Out of five days in DVC maybe only two at the parks, one at Sea World or even drive to Bush gardens, or Daytona Beach, Maybe even universal Don't say that word to loud. It may take several years to use all the days and we may buy a few AP's before it's used up. That said the price for MYW is already pretty good if you buy 10 days, but I'll take any discount they want to give me.

In June 05 we bought AP's instead of MYW tix. They were cheaper and we got our use out of them. 4 vacations, 30 days for less $$$ than the 10 day tix. This past Dec we knew we weren't going to spend that much time in the parks so we bought a 2-10 day MYW(much more $$ than AP's). We only used 1 day. We're not going again til Dec 07. We're only going for 6 days and haven't planned on anything past that. We may get 3/4 visits and 2 years out of these tix. There's a reason I would love a discount on regular tickets too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter