One perk I wish I had as a DVC member is....

Seattle's Best, Starbuck's or some premium coffee to be the "official coffee" of DVC. Put it in the rooms and use it at the CS resturants. Get rid of that nasty nescafe stuff they serve now.

That's it for me.

Free airfare to WDW from anywhere in the world, free food while we are at WDW from any restaurant in the State of Florida, free Universal Orlando passes.

Yes, I know these are ridiculous but my point is that I agree with Granny. We can wish for anything we want but unless Disney sees it as a positive for their bottom line, it isn't happening. I'm sure they track these very carefully and are well aware of what perks work the best. From what I've read on these boards, the AP discounts may be a temendous success.

HBC

I agree...we decided to buy passes last July midway through our trip and told ourselves that we would save the reamining non espiring days for the time we needed it. We knew we would be back this past Jan so we knew we would get our monies worth. Well, not only did we go this past Jan for 9 days, we are going back in March for 7 days, and then this July for 9 days. We are really getting our monies worth with these passes!! However, those are days that we are now at Disney spending more $ so they know what they are doing!!:rolleyes:

Seattle's Best, Starbuck's or some premium coffee to be the "official coffee" of DVC. Put it in the rooms and use it at the CS resturants. Get rid of that nasty nescafe stuff they serve now.

That's it for me.

yes!! yes!! yes!! I book Kona cafe just so I can get that pressed pot of great coffee!! When we go to Universal-which yes we do it every trip almost-I am so excited because there are two Starbucks right there!! YUM!!

Oh yes! I would love drinkable coffee in the room (and I won't get into the Dunkin Donuts vs Starbucks argument here ;) ) I know it's a pipe dream, but how about enough for a pot each day. I do find that it's a pain to pack coffee and a few filters, especially on quick trips where I am trying to get away with just a carry on. Sipping coffee on my balcony in the mornings is a high point of my trips, but not when it's spit out Nasty Nescafe!

Two points I made on another thread. One is it really is OK to ask for perks. If enough people ask and it's reasonable, it may really happen. The other is there is a difference between asking vs demanding and expecting. However if enough people ask about stupid or unreasonable perks, DVC likely quits listening reference the room request issue.
Dean...I agree. Hopefully the OP doesn't feel "flamed" for suggesting an additional perk. Actually, in retrospect, I do have instances where a daily pass discount would be a benefit....when we're bringing guests. This summer we will be bringing a couple friends of my daughters and it would be nice to get a discount on their daily passes (yes, we're treating them).

So yes, it would be nice to get additional perks. I guess in my mind I went straight to thinking of it as an alternative to AP discount vs an addition to it.

Two points I made on another thread. One is it really is OK to ask for perks. If enough people ask and it's reasonable, it may really happen. The other is there is a difference between asking vs demanding and expecting. However if enough people ask about stupid or unreasonable perks, DVC likely quits listening reference the room request issue.

I still feel that unless Disney feels that there is something in it for their bottom line, they are not going to give away perks. I agree that if enough people ask for something reasonable then there is a chance of getting the perk (the AP discount is a good example).

HBC

Oh yes! I would love drinkable coffee in the room (and I won't get into the Dunkin Donuts vs Starbucks argument here ;) ) I know it's a pipe dream, but how about enough for a pot each day. I do find that it's a pain to pack coffee and a few filters, especially on quick trips where I am trying to get away with just a carry on. Sipping coffee on my balcony in the mornings is a high point of my trips, but not when it's spit out Nasty Nescafe!

I really don't care what brand, as long as it's drinkable!

I did find Millstone has these really small bags(1.75 oz), I bought one to test drive it for DVC. At home we got I think 2 6cup pots out of it(DH makes the coffee). I think I'll buy a couple for our next trip.

I still feel that unless Disney feels that there is something in it for their bottom line, they are not going to give away perks. I agree that if enough people ask for something reasonable then there is a chance of getting the perk (the AP discount is a good example).

HBC
No question other than that if Disney loses nothing they still are likely to give discounts. Many of the discounts are win-win and cost DVC nothing. But I do think Disney is willing to give away things now hoping for a larger payoff later such as the DDP. And I find they're not that interested in micromanaging so if they make money overall on a program in the long run, they aren't too worried if they lose on one group and make it up on another.

I really don't care what brand, as long as it's drinkable!

I did find Millstone has these really small bags(1.75 oz), I bought one to test drive it for DVC. At home we got I think 2 6cup pots out of it(DH makes the coffee). I think I'll buy a couple for our next trip.

I think there is always a huge problem with coffee, since what one person considers drinkable another considers swill - just bring up Starbucks in a room of ten people. I don't mind Starbucks, but prefer other coffee brands - my husband finds it all burnt and won't touch it - and a girlfriend won't drink anything else.

I don't mind bringing my own coffee under the risk that my husband would find whatever they put in "unacceptable."

Coffee is like wine - there is enough difference in beans and roast that it isn't simply a matter of good coffee and bad coffee (though the stuff made out of old sweatsocks at work that we get for free is the coffee equivalent of Gallo-In-A-Jug).

Lets get serious , we'd probably ALL agree either Starbucks or Dunkin Doughnuts would be a vast improvement over what we have now.

For the record I bring my own coffee. I'd also love to be able to get a decent cup at "the world".

I think there is always a huge problem with coffee, since what one person considers drinkable another considers swill - just bring up Starbucks in a room of ten people. I don't mind Starbucks, but prefer other coffee brands - my husband finds it all burnt and won't touch it - and a girlfriend won't drink anything else.

I don't mind bringing my own coffee under the risk that my husband would find whatever they put in "unacceptable."

Coffee is like wine - there is enough difference in beans and roast that it isn't simply a matter of good coffee and bad coffee (though the stuff made out of old sweatsocks at work that we get for free is the coffee equivalent of Gallo-In-A-Jug).

I will agree with you on all of that...but will you agree that the Nescafe stuff that is served all over Disney (save Victoria & Alberts and Kona Cafe) is nasty?

About 10 years ago the coffee was good at some places. Fountain View comes to mind. My husband and I were living in Orlando and after work we would go to Epcot, hang out at Fountain View to have coffee and meet up with online friends who would be out visiting.

I know they can't find coffee that will please everyone - but I am sure they could find something that most people do not regard as swill.

I will agree with you on all of that...but will you agree that the Nescafe stuff that is served all over Disney (save Victoria & Alberts and Kona Cafe) is nasty?

I agree, but I will say that sadly, I've drunk enough of it that on our last trip, there was something almost comforting in the nastiness of it. It was like "ah - the familiar taste of that crappy Disney coffee - tastes like home".

A more complete cupboard in the studios along the lines of corelle ware instead of paper plates and bowls, reasonable sized mugs and glasses, a small ice tea pitcher, corning ware for the microwave, salt and pepper shakers, real coffee, extra packs of sugar and a dish drainer, a can opener, serving spoon, a good cutting knife and board. Doesn't have to be expensive, all this stuff could be had from the dollar store. If they don't put it in every studio give us the option to ask for it if we want it.

An express line at check-in/out.

Flat panel tv's along with changing out the bulky entertainment centers to something less intrusive.

Better balcony furniture, higher quality and always with at least an end table for your cup of coffee.

Free internet access somewhere in the resort, doesn't have to be everywhere.

VCR/DVD combination so you can tape your favorite shows for late night consumption.

Can't think of anything else that would be reasonable to ask. Unreasonably...free mickey bars.

I agree, but I will say that sadly, I've drunk enough of it that on our last trip, there was something almost comforting in the nastiness of it. It was like "ah - the familiar taste of that crappy Disney coffee - tastes like home".

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:. Guess like you know it's Christmas when Great Aunt Gertie brings out the unedible fruitcake?

I'm not a coffee drinker, but my dad lives on the stuff. And he loathes Starbucks.

My brother is all hyped about getting a MYW discount, but Ifirmly love the freedom of an AP. It. allows me to go to a park for a snack and not feel guilty about wasting a day.

If I would ask for anything it would be free internet in the rooms. Marriott adopted that policy in all their hotels a year or so ago. Now everyone seems to have it. Frankly I'm shocked Disney isn't on the same page. Charging for access is a policy at least 3-4 years old in the hotel industry. Thats why I expect they'll catch up to it sooner rather than later.

About 10 years ago the coffee was good at some places. Fountain View comes to mind. My husband and I were living in Orlando and after work we would go to Epcot, hang out at Fountain View to have coffee and meet up with online friends who would be out visiting.

I know they can't find coffee that will please everyone - but I am sure they could find something that most people do not regard as swill.

Oh, yeah. And I think that you should be able to find some decent coffee in the parks. But I don't mind not having it in the rooms because married to "Mr. Picky" we'd bring our own anyway. And since we only really drink it at breakfast in our room, its a livable situation for us.

I've never had good "in room hotel" coffee.

If I would ask for anything it would be free internet in the rooms. Marriott adopted that policy in all their hotels a year or so ago. Now everyone seems to have it. Frankly I'm shocked Disney isn't on the same page. Charging for access is a policy at least 3-4 years old in the hotel industry. Thats why I expect they'll catch up to it sooner rather than later.

I haven't been so lucky to stay anywhere that has had free internet yet. Have you stayed anywhere besides Marriotts that has this? I usually stay at Hiltons and as of my last stay in October they were still charging for internet access.

I haven't been so lucky to stay anywhere that has had free internet yet. Have you stayed anywhere besides Marriotts that has this? I usually stay at Hiltons and as of my last stay in October they were still charging for internet access.
Many of the midlevel travel chains have free internet such as Hampton Inn, Fairfield, Ramada Limited and the like. Hyatt does not from my experience. From a timeshare standpoint I'd say it's hit or miss but many of my stays are DVC or Marriott.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter