Online Check-in Question

DeadHead

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are going to BWV this coming Sunday, my question is if we use online Check-in how will it affect our room requests that are in the system? We are slated for a dedicated one bedroom standard view, 2nd floor at the end of the hall.

I have used on-line check in twice...it was a nightmare last two times....we were using the same magic bands twice, and we had to go down tot he front desk because they wouldn't work in the doors...took 45 minutes....so if you are using the same magic bands from a previous stay beware

My wife and I are going to BWV this coming Sunday, my question is if we use online Check-in how will it affect our room requests that are in the system? We are slated for a dedicated one bedroom standard view, 2nd floor at the end of the hall.

It is my understanding that online check-in has no impact on your requests. We just came back from BWV and GFV requests for both locations were honored. As you know requests are just that, requests.

Reportedly if you fill in the request section of the online request it will over-write the reservation requests added by MS.

Many of the website features on the DVC website were taken from Disney's cash website to reduce costs but the choices and descriptions don't work for DVC.

I just read a BCV description that offered a lake or storm-a-long bay view, isn't going to happen unless they move the building.

:earsboy: Bill

I just did online check in this past Sunday.
  • I received notice my room was ready after I waited in line for the check in desk.
  • None of my requests were honored
  • My bands opened the room with no problem
  • I could not use my bands to purchase until I went back to front desk who said I had no CC on file.

the last two times were awful. We had to do our bands three times and the second room we didn't get into the room until 7 pm and it was still dirty. I would not bother. they will still text you once you check in at the desk and then at least you can watch them activate your magic bands.

We use online check in just last week (10/28-11/2) at SSR, had NO ISSUES at all. Initially, we received a text/email stating our room was not ready, within 15 minutes received another message that room was ready. MB opened door without an issue. Requested to be in a specific area and close to transportation, all requests were honored.

We checked into OKW last Wednesday after doing online check-in. Got all of my requests AND the villa was ready at 9:45AM!

What advantages are there for online check in? I am Leary to do it.

I guess convenience, you go straight to your room (if it is ready) and no hassle checking in. We have used it a couple of times without any problems.

I am worried that our requests will get messed up. If I have already called them in do I do them online too??

We used online check in for our stay last week at VGF. No issues and our request was honored

I am a bit nervous because we have two studio reservations and we requested a certain section and to be near each other. I know requests are guaranteed but I don't want to mess up the requests that were noted on both.

We have done online check in for awhile and the latest version seems to work pretty good for us. However, if we make any requests for the room including traveling with labels, we never ever fill out the portion on the online check-in regarding view requests. So far no problems, MBs work at resort* and park, and for CC charges. *Note until you have keyed your room with your MBs, the MBs will not open doors and pool gates at the resort. At the Poly they will issue you a temporary card to access the pool while waiting for your room to be ready.

If you are uncomfortable with it don't do it. I prefer to skip the line at check in when I can.

I'm checking into BWV on 12/5. I did online check-in since I will probably be arriving around 3:00, I figured it would be easier to go straight to my room if it is ready. Last time the line getting off DME was long. My only request with MS was top floor, on the online check-in I put top floor and near elevator. We'll see!

We are checking in to SSR next week and have a one bedroom and studio that we requested to be adjoined and in the grandstand section. If that is notated on the reservation from when we called, do I not need to reiterate it on my online check-in? or would you advise we list that request again?

No, you don't need to add to online check in. In fact it is not even an option, as you can only make that request via MS. You will need to do online check in for both rooms though. Good luck get adjoining rooms!

okay so no need to put the section or close to transportation request in either while doing online check-in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter