Only CS at DL

I could eat my weight in mango covered in tajin so that is a great tip to know. I’ve seen mention of a Queso Birra sandwich. I’m assuming if the tacos are good that would be too?
Oh yes, I haven’t had it personally but a friend of mine keeps going back for more. LOL I’ve had the birria flatbread at the Magic Key Terrace and it was divine. It’s the consome with the tacos (also served with the birria sandwich at Jolly Holiday) that is just :::chefs kiss::: We actually had birria tacos last night and I was wishing they were the Dland ones!

I have been trying more of the salad’s at the QS locations and honestly have been quite pleased. The Chopped Salad at Galactic Grill is quite filling as is the Grilled Chicken Salad at Smokejumpers in DCA. The Little Town Harvest Bowl (breakfast) at Red Rose is really yummy (tots!) and I want to try the Asian Chicken Salad at Pacific Wharf in DCA and the Compressed Watermelon salad at Harbour Galley as well. In case you were looking for more veggie/plant forward things. That’s the great thing about california - the produce is outstanding even in a quick salad!

Oh yes, I haven’t had it personally but a friend of mine keeps going back for more. LOL I’ve had the birria flatbread at the Magic Key Terrace and it was divine. It’s the consome with the tacos (also served with the birria sandwich at Jolly Holiday) that is just :::chefs kiss::: We actually had birria tacos last night and I was wishing they were the Dland ones!

I have been trying more of the salad’s at the QS locations and honestly have been quite pleased. The Chopped Salad at Galactic Grill is quite filling as is the Grilled Chicken Salad at Smokejumpers in DCA. The Little Town Harvest Bowl (breakfast) at Red Rose is really yummy (tots!) and I want to try the Asian Chicken Salad at Pacific Wharf in DCA and the Compressed Watermelon salad at Harbour Galley as well. In case you were looking for more veggie/plant forward things. That’s the great thing about california - the produce is outstanding even in a quick salad!
I see I need to research menus a little more. LOL those salads sound really good. Thank you!

If you have Apple Wallet or Google Wallet, you can save gc in the app. It's an easy copy and paste from app to app for me.

DLR has excellent choices in QS food options. Plaza Inn is technically a QS location but with a table seating feel, and their food is excellent! There's no mobile ordering at Plaza Inn, so it's wise to plan an off meal time if you don't want to wait in line during the lunch or dinner rush.

One of our new favorites is Troubadour Tavern near the Fantasy Land Theater. They have loaded baked potatoes! Maybe you're getting a healthy food option when it's loaded,...maybe not?? It's delicious! And you can add extra of anything or request it on the side. If Tale of the Lion King show is performing, bring your food in FTL AND you can have a meal & a show!

Mobile ordering is very easy, as people have mentioned. I've actually never had long waits with it, so it must depend on where/when you go. Once I was in a long line at Jolly Holiday and I decided to mobile order instead and got out of line. I had my food before the people who'd been in front of me even ordered inside.
I do think it's smart to think about where you want to eat ahead of time, in case your CS choice is on the other side of the park for instance. Half an hour or so should be fine most of the time.

My favorites to mobile order from are Jolly Holiday, Red Rose tavern and Pym's. Oh, and Dole Whips, of course :)

Since other have answered your Mobile Order ?’s I’ll chime in with my QS faves:

Quesabirria tacos from Cocino Cucamonga in DCA - I live in San Diego and have access to stellar Mexican food. In the words of another DISer, these have no right being as good as they are.

Grilled cheese & tomato bisque from Jolly Holiday - not a grilled cheese person but this is so good.

Any of the bengal BBQ skewers

Red Rose Tavern Tots - craveable

I also love that you can get fresh fruit at almost all of the little carts around the parks - even mango with tajin.

When its open the stuffed potatoes from Troubadour Tavern are also on my list. Pho-ta-toes…
Yes to all of these!

I also like Ronto wraps, Rancho del Zocalo half chicken, Plaza Inn fried chicken… lots of great QS options. Craftsman Grill at GCH also has a lot of good stuff on the menu, but it does usually take longer to come out.

For mobile ordering I don’t find it to be an issue as long as I keep an eye on the return times throughout the day and plan accordingly. We’ve generally been able to find a table, but sometimes when it’s full we just bring our food somewhere nearby that has seating available. Like bringing Bengal BBQ to Tropical Hideaway, or Ronto wraps to the tables along the walkway.. there are a lot of seating areas that are not usually crowded away from the main restaurant seating areas.

You have to enter the GC number every time you order. It's annoying but 5% is 5%.
Is there a 5% discount when using a gift card with mobile ordering? We have $185 gift card with our package for our trip starting Sunday. Will be our first trip since 2014, so all the app-stuff is new to me and I'm cramming for best use. Thanks!

Rob

Is there a 5% discount when using a gift card with mobile ordering? We have $185 gift card with our package for our trip starting Sunday. Will be our first trip since 2014, so all the app-stuff is new to me and I'm cramming for best use. Thanks!

Rob
I think they are referring to being able to buy disney gift cards for 5% off at Target with redcard... a lot of people will then use gift cards to pay for a lot of things (I usually put all of our dining/souvenir money on gift cards before a trip, because it saves us a little money)

I have a question about allergy eating in Disneyland. It’s been a long time since I’ve actually been to Disneyland, and Disney World has always been really easy to deal with regarding my allergies. How is it at the quick service restaurants in Disneyland? Just looking at menus a few minutes ago there’s a lot of places it I can eat like a sandwich but I’m gonna need something left off or I’m gonna want to salad but need something left out. Is it pretty easy to do or does it all come prepackaged? I know it’s Disney World at Oga’s there was like one thing I could drink because it’s already premixed and nothing I could eat. This Ogas actually has more variety and I will be fine, so that is fun (provided I can get reservations ).
also, does anybody know who makes her plant-based options one of them uses apples in their fake meat which I cannot have so I often just avoid the fake meat at places but I Disneyland there’s a lot less chicken options then I remember and I don’t eat beef or pork.
As I said previously, I have no qualms just eating dessert or tater tots or something like that but there will be at least one meal a day that I’m gonna want real food.

I have a question about allergy eating in Disneyland. It’s been a long time since I’ve actually been to Disneyland, and Disney World has always been really easy to deal with regarding my allergies. How is it at the quick service restaurants in Disneyland? Just looking at menus a few minutes ago there’s a lot of places it I can eat like a sandwich but I’m gonna need something left off or I’m gonna want to salad but need something left out. Is it pretty easy to do or does it all come prepackaged? I know it’s Disney World at Oga’s there was like one thing I could drink because it’s already premixed and nothing I could eat. This Ogas actually has more variety and I will be fine, so that is fun (provided I can get reservations ).
also, does anybody know who makes her plant-based options one of them uses apples in their fake meat which I cannot have so I often just avoid the fake meat at places but I Disneyland there’s a lot less chicken options then I remember and I don’t eat beef or pork.
As I said previously, I have no qualms just eating dessert or tater tots or something like that but there will be at least one meal a day that I’m gonna want real food.
It depends on the location. Some places it’s easy to make modifications, some places it’s harder (or not possible). Some places let you modify items in the app when mobile ordering, some do not.

Because it’s an allergy, the safest thing is to order at the counter and ask to talk to someone about your specific allergy. Sometimes there is a hidden ingredient that you might not realize unless you talk to someone about your specific allergy.

Sit down restaurants have always been very accommodating in my expensive eating with a vegetarian and someone who is gluten free.

I believe most if not all the plant-based “meat” is Beyond Impossible (I think they have a contract with them. But again, I would definitely ask.

Last edited:
The plant-based meat is actually Impossible meat. I feel like the vegetarian food has made big strides at Disneyland - sometimes I like it even better than the meat dishes! Standouts include the Felucian Kefta Garden Spread at Docking Bay 7, the Ronto-less wrap at Ronto Roasters, and the vegetarian shawarma at Avengers Campus. And of course, the grilled cheese and tomato soup and Jolly Holiday is a classic. It's pretty easy to eat good plant-based food at DL these days!

I am at Disneyland all the time. I only eat CS
I never get burgers or chicken tenders. There is SO much CS variety and some really excellent meals. Peruse ALL the counter service menus. You will miss good stuff otherwise. DON'T just look at mobile order locations. You'll miss some of the best food that way. Some places don't do mobile order (but it's way easier to use it when it's an option).

Do a deep dive on the following restaurant menus:

Alien Pizza Planet (salads and pasta are GREAT)

Plaza Inn

Rancho del Zocalo

Tropical Hideaway

Docking Bay 7

Jolly Holiday

Bengal BBQ

Royal Street Verandah

At DCA:

Pyms Test Kitchen

Paradise Garden Grill

Boardwalk Pizza (French onion dip pizza!)

Smokejumpers Grill

Cocina Cucamonga

Lucky Fortune Cookery

Pacific Wharf Cafe

These are the locations with the best food overall.

At DL, we never eat at the following: Hungry Bear, Galactic Grill, Golden Horseshoe/Stage Door Cafe (nothing special at any of these places...just a bunch of deep fried mediocrity).

The plant-based meat is actually Impossible meat. I feel like the vegetarian food has made big strides at Disneyland - sometimes I like it even better than the meat dishes! Standouts include the Felucian Kefta Garden Spread at Docking Bay 7, the Ronto-less wrap at Ronto Roasters, and the vegetarian shawarma at Avengers Campus. And of course, the grilled cheese and tomato soup and Jolly Holiday is a classic. It's pretty easy to eat good plant-based food at DL these days!
Oh my gosh you’re right! Impossible!

I am at Disneyland all the time. I only eat CS
I never get burgers or chicken tenders. There is SO much CS variety and some really excellent meals. Peruse ALL the counter service menus. You will miss good stuff otherwise. DON'T just look at mobile order locations. You'll miss some of the best food that way. Some places don't do mobile order (but it's way easier to use it when it's an option).

Do a deep dive on the following restaurant menus:

Alien Pizza Planet (salads and pasta are GREAT)

Plaza Inn

Rancho del Zocalo

Tropical Hideaway

Docking Bay 7

Jolly Holiday

Bengal BBQ

Royal Street Verandah

At DCA:

Pyms Test Kitchen

Paradise Garden Grill

Boardwalk Pizza (French onion dip pizza!)

Smokejumpers Grill

Cocina Cucamonga

Lucky Fortune Cookery

Pacific Wharf Cafe

These are the locations with the best food overall.

At DL, we never eat at the following: Hungry Bear, Galactic Grill, Golden Horseshoe/Stage Door Cafe (nothing special at any of these places...just a bunch of deep fried mediocrity).
I have the Beef Bulgogi Burrito at Lucky Fortune Company on my list of things to try. It sounds really good.

My only complaint about mobile ordering is that you really have to plan early for a CS meal. No waiting until 20-30 minutes before you want to eat. Watch the return times closely, especially if you are hungry.
I agree with this! We start monitoring times in the morning so we can be ready to order lunch when we anticipate we’ll be hungry.

I don't have much more to contribute that hasn't already been said but - try Rancho del Zocalo! They have such great stuff there, burritos, enchiladas, salads.

BUT - they stopped doing mobile order there! I'm not sure why but that was a bummer because it was so nice to be able to grab and go. We still ate their twice during our last trip so it obviously didn't impede us that much lol

My allergies are weird, and with some of the weird descriptions of the food I can’t tell if I’m allergic to things or not! Hopefully they will have full ingredient lists available for me for things that I’m suspicious of.
In WDW they had a ronto roaster that had zucchini instead of meat, do they not have that in DL?

We tried Hungry Bear for the first time on this last trip and we liked it (not sure how we missed it for 20 years, but we did). They had a potato burger that I tried that was pretty good. I think it's all about tastes/preferences. We also really like the Golden Horseshoe's fish/chips and mozzarella sticks. No sense in eating healthy on vacation! lol

My allergies are weird, and with some of the weird descriptions of the food I can’t tell if I’m allergic to things or not! Hopefully they will have full ingredient lists available for me for things that I’m suspicious of.
In WDW they had a ronto roaster that had zucchini instead of meat, do they not have that in DL?
Their plant-based ronto wrap uses the impossible meat. It’s delicious.

We tried Hungry Bear for the first time on this last trip and we liked it (not sure how we missed it for 20 years, but we did). They had a potato burger that I tried that was pretty good. I think it's all about tastes/preferences. We also really like the Golden Horseshoe's fish/chips and mozzarella sticks. No sense in eating healthy on vacation! lol

Well, when I'm at Disneyland, I'm NOT on vacation. 🙃

Nothing wrong with fried stuff, and Hungry Bear is totally fine, if that's what you are looking for. But I prefer to get the more interesting food offerings when I'm there because I can make a great burger and chicken tenders myself at home. When I'm at the parks, it's just a meal that I don't have to make myself that day.

I will never make homemade beef birria tacos, for example. I hit up DCA for that craving.

Please don’t ever pass up the fried chicken at Plaza Inn! I hadn’t eaten there in all the years I’ve been going and this last trip I just decided that was the place to go. Itwas the best fried chicken I’ve had since my grandma passed! I’m not a fan of “11 herbs and spices” (usually too greasy), but I will do Popeyes in a pinch. Now all I can think about is getting back to DL for fried chicken!

Plus it’s like QS but the lines were not bad when I went in. It’s gonna be a must do for awhile until I get over this indulgence!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter